Who would declare for Dany's and/or Aegon's claim?

adiman83

It makes no sense to build up the Dance of Dragons 2.0 if not one major house will declare for Dany. Dorne might declare for Aegon, and he'll conquer Storm's End and might even sit on the Iron Throne, but I think because of it, the Tyrells might resent him and declare for Dany, along with possibly the Ironborn. Crackpot theory: The Vale declares for Dany. If they don't go North to recover Sansa's birthright... Might be possible.

Of course it does.

Dany is meant to be the villain and Aegon the hero defending Westeros from his mad Queen "aunt"

As for armies, Dany will have a slew of undesirables from Essos like rapist dothraki and slave armies.

Its up to either Stannis or Aegon or both to liberate Westeros from this threat.

This is what I theorize

Their role during RR would speak otherwise. The Targs are the ones that rose them up from stewards to the Gardeners, to lords of the Highgarden.

cue maces comment about dany being as mad as her father.

I don't actually think he's that loyal to the Targs despite what the family has done for them.

Of course it does.

Dany is meant to be the villain and Aegon the hero defending Westeros from his mad Queen "aunt"

As for armies, Dany will have a slew of undesirables from Essos like rapist dothraki and slave armies.

Its up to either Stannis or Aegon or both to liberate Westeros from this threat.

This is what I theorize

Yup Dany is pretty much the threat here with the army of rapist and uncontrollable dragons. May the Seven and Other Gods Bless Westerosi Souls if Dany reconquers the Kingdoms.

Of course it does.

This is what I theorize

She may very well be seen that way, but she's the Targ who's true identity can't be questioned. Not sure how many will believe Aegon.is real.

Their role during RR would speak otherwise. The Targs are the ones that rose them up from stewards to the Gardeners, to lords of the Highgarden.

Yes. They spent almost the whole war outside Storm's End, and then quickly bent the knee to Robert once the Targs were dead.

Mace ain't stupid - he didn't support the Targs, because of history and loyalty, but because at that time, Targs had better chances of winning. He didn't get his hands bloody during RR.

Should Dany arrive, there is little to gain for the Tyrells if they would support her.

Yup Dany is pretty much the threat here with the army of rapist and uncontrollable dragons. May the Seven and Other Gods Bless Westerosi Souls if Dany reconquers the Kingdoms.

Army of rapists? Her army have no cocks. She has a very small group of Dothraki at the moment.

Of course it does.

This is what I theorize

Of course it does.

This is what I theorize

Even if she is supposed to be a "villain" (Which IMO sounds like a weird concept in GRRM's story), a villain needs allies. I don't think Dany actually has slave armies as well, unless you mean the freed unsullied. It makes perfect sense that Dany finds at least some support, or the succession war might fall flat. Not to mention she's officially the last heir of House Targaryen. Aegon, on the other hand, was dead for fourteen years...

Aegon: Dorne, the Faith as soon as they have had it with Cersei, the Reach after the Tyrells lose their grasp on the Throne (Tommen's death)

Daenerys: First: no one. After some burning and and dragon feeding: anyone who want to save their own skin.

So pretty much no one willingly.

If Dorne supports Aegon, it wouldn't surprise me if Dany gets the support of the only other kingdom with an unused army: the Vale.

I guess it would be too easy for Dany if she won Westeros with too much support... So, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she lands and wins very few allies. But regardless, I imagine she'll be the ultimate victor (after all, that's what her story has been building to). She'll just have to beat all the other contenders for the throne.

Archived