Heresy 83

Black Crow

I strongly disagree with the entire Aerys+Joanna=Tyrion theory. It's not nearly as well supported as R+L=J, and whereas R+L=J adds to and explains the arcs of both Ned and Jon, all this does is cheapen the Tyrion/Tywin dynamic which is central to his arc.

However the idea of Aerys being infatuated with Joanna is there in the text. Something else that is in the text is Tyrion's fascination with dragon lore. I wonder if maybe Tyrion will be Nettles 2.0 :idea: .

ETA : As in most likely not being a dragonseed, but legitmized as one anyway for convenience.

Imagine Tyrion trying to feed a wild dragon sheep on a continuous basis he mighr get eaten accidentally

I saw recently a suggestion that Tyrion might be Martin's version of a chimera. Biologically, this is a genetic condition for humans; apparently, one way it can happen is through the sharing of genetic material by fraternal twins. Joanna Lannister was not a Targaryen, but the stories and rumors related by Oberyn Martell in connection with Tyrion's birth resonate both with notions of chimerism (hermaphroditic) and with what we know of stillborn dragon-children (scales, tail, etc.).

To extend these connections all the way to crackpot territory... one almost wonders whether Tyrion himself was a twin. And if so, whether the two children merged in utero (Tyrion dreams of having two heads), or whether both were delivered, but one stillborn (a still-born "monster" could have inspired those rumors that Tyrion himself never justified).

That's a fascinating idea! I've wondered about Tyrion's green eye and black eye and his dream of two heads. There is only one other character with a blue eye and black eye shining with malice and I think that's a result of falling off a cliff. Although I do have my suspicions about Jorah and Cersei's dream of a hairy man assaulting her in the dungeons of her mind.

Given that Joanna has already produced twins, it's not out of the question. There is the story of Maelor the Monstrous and his second head as well. .

Also note that Dany's child with the birth defect heralds the birth of the dragons while the other seems to herald their death...

As far as Jon being targeted by the FM and assigned to another one while Arya learns that her brother has been marked for death is certainly possible, especially with Jon's contact with the Braavosi banker, but seems a bit cliche...

Just jumping in here with a new point about the Others, which has been bugging me for quite a while:

In the prologue of SOS we see things from the POV of Chett who we all know is a thoroughly unpleasant individual. He was sent to the Wall for stabbing a girl to death and has apparently never shown any remorse for this whatsoever. But suddenly in the prologue, right before the Others attack he feels a bit of remorse for it and immediately notes that this is odd.

Then going back to GOT I notice another, somewhat similar situation with Waymar Royce: He's established as arrogant and unlikeable, not to mention inexperienced and yet he steps up to the occasion and goes toe-to-toe with an Other. It's not unreasonable to assume that Waymar is just an arrogant guy with a brave streak, but we've got two examples here of otherwise unpleasant characters displaying hitherto unseen positive traits right before the Others appear.

I don't know what this means, but I think it means something so I'll leave it here for anyone to formulate some theory out of it.

Archived