SPOILER Alert-Princess and the Queen

Darth Visenya

Cannibal. And there is another dragon that was ommitted from tPatQ.

A definite highlight, that. And really, TPatQ only gives a taste of his badassery. All the stuff from his youth, and the fighting over the Stepstones that the text only hints at, is omitted.

Yep. George is good with the horror.

The dragon's story goes past the Dance of the Dragons. There'll be a bit more in the world book.

That gets fleshed out in the world book, at least a bit. You're right, it was something Gardner Dozois decided had to be cut to fit the story into the antyhology.

There's one more that was omitted from TPatQ. So four dragons in total.

There's a really affecting bit that I see TPatQ omits, regarding Alyn's reaction to his elder brother's death.

Yes.

No. Way back you'll find in the SSM that George had once envisioned a Velaryon Hand putting the realm back together, but that changed.

This and that.

Quite a lot. ;)

ETA: Spoiler code is not required, but I was showing how to do it correctly if one wanted to use it.

Here is the source http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/100284-spoilers-the-princess-and-the-queen-complete-spoilers-discussion/?p=5174266

Oh yes, there was Cannibal too, and another unnamed Dragon?, I'm starting to think that the cause of the death of Dragons lied mostly with Aegon III, due to his trauma, there were plenty of eggs and the knowledge of how to hatch them was still known then, weather the Maesters poisoned them is up for debate but surely they wouldn't have had access to them if they were being hatched on Dragonstone as the Dragonpit was destroyed.

Oh yes, there was Cannibal too, and another unnamed Dragon?, I'm starting to think that the cause of the death of Dragons lied mostly with Aegon III, due to his trauma, there were plenty of eggs and the knowledge of how to hatch them was still known then, weather the Maesters poisoned them is up for debate but surely they wouldn't have had access to them if they were being hatched on Dragonstone as the Dragonpit was destroyed.

In his defense Aegon III did supposedly bring some mages across the sea to try to hatch some eggs. The maesters may have poisoned the last few dragons to keep them from growing and living long. I think the more important thing they did was magical in nature. Somehow weakening magic's power in the world and thus preventing any more dragon eggs from hatching.

Yeah me to especially Sunfyre, that dragon went through so much shit but just kept going.

Me too, Sunfyre was a legend, I felt bad for poor little Arrax and his rider too, as much as I didn't like the fate of Sunfyre I think my favourite character out of that novella has got to be Baela Targaryen and Moondancer.

Yeah, I felt sorry for the dragons too. Which is odd because I have never cared about Dany's dragons.

I agree, Baela and Moondancer were my favorites.

I am most curious though to find out the fate of Silverwing.

A thought came to me too. The dragon eggs Daenerys got were stone at first, because obviously they were very, very old. Seeing that Dragons weren't around for years and what not. Maybe one of the surviving Dragons is actually the one who lay the eggs that Dany got. Could be Nettles dragon, seeing as she was never seen again, and the eggs cropped up in the hands of Illyrio in Pentos.

Yeah, I felt sorry for the dragons too. Which is odd because I have never cared about Dany's dragons.

I agree, Baela and Moondancer were my favorites.

I am most curious though to find out the fate of Silverwing.

I'm the same, I've been sort of indifferent to Danys Dragons so far, perhaps because their too young and haven't got personalities (if that even makes sense?) like the other Dragons and riders did.

A thought came to me too. The dragon eggs Daenerys got were stone at first, because obviously they were very, very old. Seeing that Dragons weren't around for years and what not. Maybe one of the surviving Dragons is actually the one who lay the eggs that Dany got. Could be Nettles dragon, seeing as she was never seen again, and the eggs cropped up in the hands of Illyrio in Pentos.

I know Illyrio says that "the ages have turned them to stone" but I'm not sure how much stock I put in that. When Dunk handles the Butterwell egg he remarks that it's much heavier than he expected, and that he thinks he could bash someone's head in with it without breaking the shell. I sorta suspect they were always very stone like, and Illyrio is just unaware of this.

In his defense Aegon III did supposedly bring some mages across the sea to try to hatch some eggs. The maesters may have poisoned the last few dragons to keep them from growing and living long. I think the more important thing they did was magical in nature. Somehow weakening magic's power in the world and thus preventing any more dragon eggs from hatching.

Who gave Aegon III the moniker Dragonbane?

I was disappointed that the Maester didn't write about it in the end, how many dragons were left etc. It seemed like a logical think to write about in the end.

I'm also disappointed that I could find artwork about Sunfyre, is there anything out yet?

Archived