Top 5 Badass Characters

RK Rajagopal

Sorry AK, but nobody is even close to Barristan. The guy kicks ass with a staff, in his sixties.

But Arya is the quite the little badass herself.

Ok, :angry:

But Barristan can't warg over continents, or kill with a whisper or fend off an attack from the eyes of a cat. And he underestimates the power of the pointy end, using a staff and all. :drunk: :drunk:

Ok, :angry:

But Barristan can't warg over continents, or kill with a whisper or fend off an attack from the eyes of a cat. And he underestimates the power of the pointy end, using a staff and all. :drunk: :drunk:

He was just going through a staff phase, lol. He's back into swords now.

1) Ser Davos Seaworth

Maybe not the best fighter, but this dude was a former smuggler, managed to outwit a nasty witch who wanted to burn a kid and swam under a burning river.

But the reason I'm giving him top pick is his willingness to speak his mind even when it might get him killed, which is very badass.

Another of the Freys spoke up. “He speaks treason with his own lips, my lord. Stannis took his thieving fingers. You should take his lying tongue.”
“Take his head, rather,” suggested Ser Jared. “Or let him meet me on the field of honor.”
“What would a Frey know of honor?” Davos threw back.
“There’s much I don’t understand,” Davos admitted. “I have never pretended elsewise. I know the seas and rivers, the shapes of the coasts, where the rocks and shoals lie. I know hidden coves where a boat can land unseen. And I know that a king protects his people, or he is no king at all.”

“Death,” he heard himself say, “there will be death, aye. Your lordship lost a son at the Red Wedding. I lost four upon the Blackwater. And why? Because the Lannisters stole the throne. Go to King’s Landing and look on
Tommen with your own eyes, if you doubt me. A blind man could see it. What does Stannis offer you?
Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers.
Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance!”

2) Brienne of Tarth

At sixteen, she beat up a dude who was telling her to get back into the kitchen. She was the last standing in a melee of 116 knights. She beats three men in a fight, and makes the third dig a grave for the other two. She killed a boat with a rock. Badass.

3) Victarion Greyjoy

A complete piece of shit, but still pretty badass in battle. He turned into the human torch and made a bunch of monkeys commit suicide.

4) Arya Stark

Is there gold hidden in the village? Is there silver, gems? Is there food? Where is Lord Beric? Where did he go? How many men were with him? How many knights, how many bowmen? How many, how many, how many, how many, how many, how many?

5) Mance Rayder

Told his boss to fuck himself over the dress code. Became King Beyond the Wall as some sort of Warrior Poet. Snuck into Winterfell twice as a musician.

1. Rolland Storm - The Badass of Nightsong!

2. Donal Noye - Killed the Kings of the Giants, in the most epic duel.

3. Victarion Greyjoy - A Sword? I'll block it with me hand!

4. Davos Seaworth - "Jared of House Frey - I name you liar".

5. Stannis Baratheon - A Dwarf burned most of my fleet? Cross the river on the wrecks then!

ETA: four out of five are from Stormlands. And if you also consider Balon Swann and Beric Dondarrion. and obviously Robert Baratheon - I think it's fair to say Stormlands create the biggest badasses.

I don't get all the hype around Stannis being considered a badass. A really good general, yes, a badass, meh. What has he ever done personally do receive that title?

Strangely, Stannis smiled. "Angry foes do not concern me. Anger makes men stupid, and Hosteen Frey was stupid to begin with, if half of what I have heard of him is true. Let him come."

"He will."

"Bolton has blundered," the king declared. "All he had to do was sit inside his castle whilst we starved. Instead he has sent some portion of his strength forth to give us battle. His knights will be horsed, ours must fight afoot. His men will be well nourished, ours go into battle with empty bellies. It makes no matter. Ser Stupid, Lord Too-Fat, the Bastard, let them come.

BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramsay Snow, you mean. The Bastard."

"Never call him that!" Spittle sprayed from Theon's lips. "Ramsay Bolton, not Ramsay Snow, never Snow, never, you have to remember his name, or he will hurt you."

"He is welcome to try. Whatever name he goes by."

Badass!!!!!!!!!!!!

He should have been dead and buried by now but he's like a force of nature, he just keeps coming. He's like the unstoppable force to everything else's immovable object. Nothing fazes him, he just keeps going like the Terminator.

In fact, it is because he basically IS the terminator, if you think about it.

War of Five Kings- Had the worst odds, yet is the only king to still be alive

Plus every other sentence from Stannis is like one of the most badass things in the series.

It takes a real BAMF to literally say: "Renly and the Tyrells have 100,000 men? Robb Stark has 20,000+ and all of the strength of WF and RR? Tywin Lannister has tens of thousands? I'll destroy them all.
Need more, Nicky.

Strangely, Stannis smiled. "Angry foes do not concern me. Anger makes men stupid, and Hosteen Frey was stupid to begin with, if half of what I have heard of him is true. Let him come."

"He will."

"Bolton has blundered," the king declared. "All he had to do was sit inside his castle whilst we starved. Instead he has sent some portion of his strength forth to give us battle. His knights will be horsed, ours must fight afoot. His men will be well nourished, ours go into battle with empty bellies. It makes no matter. Ser Stupid, Lord Too-Fat, the Bastard, let them come.

BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramsay Snow, you mean. The Bastard."

"Never call him that!" Spittle sprayed from Theon's lips. "Ramsay Bolton, not Ramsay Snow, never Snow, never, you have to remember his name, or he will hurt you."

"He is welcome to try. Whatever name he goes by."

Badass!!!!!!!!!!!!

He should have been dead and buried by now but he's like a force of nature, he just keeps coming. He's like the unstoppable force to everything else's immovable object. Nothing fazes him, he just keeps going like the Terminator.

In fact, it is because he basically IS the terminator, if you think about it.

War of Five Kings- Had the worst odds, yet is the only king to still be alive

Plus every other sentence from Stannis is like one of the most badass things in the series.

Need more, Nicky.

Oh boy, E-Ro taught you well, you busted out the greatest hits on me.

I admit he's a great general, but on his own....

Oh boy, E-Ro taught you well, you busted out the greatest hits on me.

I admit he's a great general, but on his own....

Come on mate, if i think hes a badass what your problem?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think you should put some parts under the spoiler tag appropriately. :)

I don't know how to put spoiler tags. :bang: :bawl:

Of older characters:

Maegor the Cruel.

According to a semi-canon source, Maegor was large, larger than his father, Aegon I. A warrior, he was bull-like with heavy shoulders, thick neck and huge arms. He kept his hair short and his beard trimmed to his jawline. He wore Aegon the Conqueror's crown.[1]

Maegor was considered a skilled knight and was one of the youngest in the kingdom ever to be knighted. He was a better jouster than many grown men he met in the lists.[3]

Ok yes he is the wife killing and animal abuser but beyond that he was a a skilled fighter, rode Balerion, used Blackfyre, and was mean as hell. His whole vibe is he who is not to be fucked with.

His mother Visenya fits too.

Addam Velaryon.

Arthur Dayne.

Bloodraven.

Current:

Arya

Oberyn

Animals: Nymeria and Drogon.

1) Ser Barristan (has to be).
2) Beric Dondarrion, the Lightning Lord.

3) Greatjon Umber

4) Victarion Greyjoy (I may not like him, but the attack on the Shields was pure badassery).

5) Oberyn Martell

(Honourable mentions to Tormund, Donal Noye, Brienne of Tarth, and the Stan-man).

Smalljon>>>>>>>Greatjon

Agreed, the Smalljon seems to be what the Greatjon would be if he wasn't a loudmouth prick.

1. Stannis Baratheon

2. Davos Seaworth

3. "Bathe in Bolton blood" Wull

4. Richard Horpe

5. Tormund Giantsbane

List might be a bit biased.

Archived