What will be aegon's next step in venturing towards the iron throne?

Lord Warwyck

I see him taking what's left of the storm land under his banner, bringing them to old town, and saving it. Also I'm pretty sure with mace Tyrell as hand the royal army will be pretty weak and I'm pretty sure when frankly flowers said that the gold company still had friends in the reach he was referring to Randly Tarly who will turn on Mace for taking Bright Water from him which by right should have went to his wife and him stealing all the credit for his work in Roberts rebellion and the current ones and without him the Tyrell forces will be leaderless and fractioned because I see a lot of the men sidelong with him. So Aegons in pretty good shape. not to mention dorne will side with him so that's a fresh army to add to his ranks

I think friends in the Reach refers to either Randyll Tarly or Mathis Rowan, bt I don't think it is both. And given the Arrianne spoiler chapter where we find

Aegon has taken Storms End, which we know was sieged by Mathis Rowan. So i think Mathis Rowan is the "friends in the Reach" and helped the GC take Storms End. The rumours of it being bloody could still be true but it doesnt leave Aegon in a worse position

I did a thread on this.

TWoW:

Aegon and Connington have captured SE, and are going out to meet the 20,000 strong army sent to take SE.

One also has to remember that Mace hogged all the credit for the victory at Ashford when it was Tarly's work, and he gave Brightwater Keep to his son Garlan when Tarly's wife was next in line for Brightwater Keep. Given his treatment of his sons, I think he will prefer a king who leads in his battles like Aegon to a plump king Tommen who loves to play with his kittens.

I read your post in the other thread but not followup. I'm thinking that Tyrion is going to help Brown Ben ride Viserion before Dany returns from the Dothraki sea. At some point Dany will return to Westeros with Tyrion and Brown Ben. But not until Aegon captures the IT with the support of the Stormlands, Hightower and Dorne. I think Aegon and Arianne are going to have a bit of how's your father and I think he's going to be all kinds of in love with that smokin hottie but I think Jon and Haldon are going to have him hold out for Dany. And then at some point, probably after he rides Rhaegal, I think Aegon will betray Dany for his love of Arianne and the Dance will begin. I also think that Aegon will induce Brown Ben to betray Dany for all the gold of Casterly Rock.

Stormlands and Dorne are an absolute must, but it's doubtful whether even that's enough to take on the Royal/Tyrell force. It might make sense to look for a marriage alliance outside of Dorne, assuming he can bring the Dornish along without one (they're itching for a fight, so maybe).

I keep holding out for an Aegon/Sansa marriage, but that's more of a long-term thing. Her claim on Winterfell is purely theoretical at the moment, as is her being second in line to Riverrun, and anything related to the Vale still has to happen first.

Marry the hot Dornish noblewoman with the pepperoni nipples

You have just made Arianne less attractive in my head... :(

He'll probably get Dorne behind him quickly. He'll bang Arianne few weeks and wait for Dornish army, and then go for King's Landing. If Tyrell's won't fight outside the city, he'll siege it. And what happens when you siege a city with paranoid Cersei, desperated Tyrells (Ironborn attacking their lands while they are stuck in KL) and fanatic Faith? The nobility will tear each other apart and smallfolk will probably hail Aegon as a rightful king. Aegon might look like an easy way to peace. Somebody inside the city might even open the gates.

It would be too dangerous to face the Tyrell host with only the Golden Company and the Dornish. The Golden Company is spread around the eastern coast and isles, and even at max strength is has only 10,000 men tops. The Dornish have 25,000 spears tops, and Doran Martell would probably lend him only about half of those, keeping the rest to defend Dorne. The Tyrells have many, many more men.

I read your post in the other thread but not followup. I'm thinking that Tyrion is going to help Brown Ben ride Viserion before Dany returns from the Dothraki sea. At some point Dany will return to Westeros with Tyrion and Brown Ben. But not until Aegon captures the IT with the support of the Stormlands, Hightower and Dorne. I think Aegon and Arianne are going to have a bit of how's your father and I think he's going to be all kinds of in love with that smokin hottie but I think Jon and Haldon are going to have him hold out for Dany. And then at some point, probably after he rides Rhaegal, I think Aegon will betray Dany for his love of Arianne and the Dance will begin. I also think that Aegon will induce Brown Ben to betray Dany for all the gold of Casterly Rock.

I don't think Dany would war with her late brother's son, because he chose not to marry her, especially since she is a firm believer in the belief that the rightful Targaryen claimant should sit the IT, and she knows she would be no better than Robert if she tried to usurp the throne of whom she believes to be Rhaegar's son. I think Dany will learn of his heritage before she lands in Westeros, and that will be what starts the second Dance.

Archived