Do you think Joff was homosexual?

fuem

His biggest sexual acts so far were having Sansa stripped by the Kigs Guard (as previously mentioned, more sadistic than sexual) and squeezing her breast during her wedding as he drapes the cloak over her shoulders (a moment that really got to me but thats a topicfor another time). However he did seem to have the sexual vibes that only a young testosterone filled boy can give out so i dont think he is asexual. I would say he is heterosexual but really I dont think GRRM thought about people probing into Joffs sexual preferebces :p

And he learned some BAD things from his father beating his mother too, I bet he believes woman's place is in the kitchen.

Doesen't really most of Westerosi believe that woman's place is in the kitchen?

Joff is too young for deep analysis of his sexuality, I think. He seemed to be attracted to Sansa (Beat her, but not the head. I like her pretty), but I think over all he loved the feeling of power he got when he ordered beatings and other things. Power is what Joff loved, torturing Sansa doesen't need to be anything sexual. He was really ready to do similar things to men also, like with Dontos Hollard.

I think it all boils down to Joffrey being really insecure. I don't think we ever hear of Joffrey having friends or interacting with girls, which could lead to him starting to get curious about girls, like we were told it happened with Asha and Tris for example. Joffrey probably never had a chance to start getting closer to the opposite sex (or the same sex if that would have been what he fancied).

Sadist yes. Homosexual no. Future pedophile, based on his horrid upbringing and lack of moral structure and behavior we've seen, likely. Wife beater at the very least.

Joffrey's the kind of guy who would order a whore to let a horse fuck her so he could watch...but it's a power thing, not sexual.

I always read it as Joffrey being heterosexual with a strong similarity to Aerys II. As a sadist, Joffrey would be sexually aroused by inflicting pain/harm to someone, while Aerys was only able to get in the mood after he had someone burned.

Since he never made it to the bedding part of his own wedding, though, we'll never find out. However, I don't think he was smart enough to carry on a mirage of being gay, so when he makes remarks to Sansa about how he'll still visit her bed or "show Tyrion how it's done" I imagined those to be pompous, yet legitimate, threats.

Well, the wanting Sansa naked and beaten is probably more about humiliating and hurting her than a reflection of Joffrey's sexuality.

He was certainly a sadist, and I'm not sure his sexuality is relevant.

I always read it as Joffrey being heterosexual with a strong similarity to Aerys II. As a sadist, Joffrey would be sexually aroused by inflicting pain/harm to someone, while Aerys was only able to get in the mood after he had someone burned.

Since he never made it to the bedding part of his own wedding, though, we'll never find out. However, I don't think he was smart enough to carry on a mirage of being gay, so when he makes remarks to Sansa about how he'll still visit her bed or "show Tyrion how it's done" I imagined those to be pompous, yet legitimate, threats.

That sums up my views about Joffrey. Like the Mad King, inflicting pain/being a sadist made him aroused; I really wouldn't be surprised that if he survived longer, that he would only go to Margaery after torturing someone (like Aerys raping Rhaella everytime he burned someone). Thankfully Joff didn't live to experience his own bedding; and it's definitely odd that at his age and his social ranking that he never visited whores; Robert was bedding women before the Rebellion, Harrold Hardyng has 2 bastards already, Brandon Stark was known for bedding lots of ladies (including highborn), Tyrion had lots of whores, and so on. Some ASOIAF fans think he was impotent, which could be very likely since he was born of incest/had bad genes.

Well, the wanting Sansa naked and beaten is probably more about humiliating and hurting her than a reflection of Joffrey's sexuality.

He was certainly a sadist, and I'm not sure his sexuality is relevant.

Oh, and this too. I don't think his overall sexuality was relevant either since Joffrey was an evil, sadistic mad man. Kind of like how Ramsay and the Mountain's sexualities aren't relevant either since they're the embodiment of evil.

That sums up my views about Joffrey. Like the Mad King, inflicting pain/being a sadist made him aroused; I really wouldn't be surprised that if he survived longer, that he would only go to Margaery after torturing someone (like Aerys raping Rhaella everytime he burned someone). Thankfully Joff didn't live to experience his own bedding; and it's definitely odd that at his age and his social ranking that he never visited whores; Robert was bedding women before the Rebellion, Harrold Hardyng has 2 bastards already, Brandon Stark was known for bedding lots of ladies (including highborn), Tyrion had lots of whores, and so on. Some ASOIAF fans think he was impotent, which could be very likely since he was born of incest/had bad genes.

Oh, and this too. I don't think his overall sexuality was relevant either since Joffrey was an evil, sadistic mad man. Kind of like how Ramsay and the Mountain's sexualities aren't relevant either since they're the embodiment of evil.

One reason for Joffrey's lack of bastards could also be his mother's influence as he's more close with her than his father and that he's seen how Robert sired bastard after bastard during his marriage.

One reason for Joffrey's lack of bastards could also be his mother's influence as he's more close with her than his father and that he's seen how Robert sired bastard after bastard during his marriage.

Joff idolised Robert though. Robert was god in Joffery's eyes

ETA: his lack of bastards would be due to age no?

Archived