GOODKIND V

Werthead

:sick: :sick: :sick: (it's not That horrific.... compared with other TGQOTDs)

“I knew it,†he breathed. “I knew it. I knew you would finally give in to your filthy perversion.â€

Is TG being Ironic? is this proof that his are books are really works of ironic humour???

“I knew it,†he breathed. “I knew it. I knew you would finally give in to your filthy perversion.â€

This should be on the inside cover of all TG's books, as a special message from the author.

This should be on the inside cover of all TG's books, as a special message from the author.

That would be Rahl'ly awesome.

“Just like your mother.†He froze at her words. “I need you like your whore of a mother needed your father.†<That line always works on me>

His expression darkened. Like a provoked bull, he turned toward her, his piercing eyes riveted on her. “What do you mean?â€

“You know exactly what I mean. I need to be taken, like your father took your mother. I want you to take me like that. Only you can satisfy me. Do it. Do it now. Please.â€

I don't know whether to give this :sick: 's or :o 's

If I'm reading this correctly, Kahlan is trying to turn him on by reminding him of how his father used to rape his "whore of a mother"?

If I'm reading this correctly, Kahlan is trying to turn him on by reminding him of how his father used to rape his "whore of a mother"?

Works for me!!

Yeah, that's my impression as well. But seriously, what guy wouldn't get turned on by that?

Anyway, one thing that's been bothering me and which I must have missed somewhere is the reference to the "X laughed. Y laughed. Everyone laughed." quote. Is that really somewhere in one of the books?

Yeah, that's my impression as well. But seriously, what guy wouldn't get turned on by that?

Anyway, one thing that's been bothering me and which I must have missed somewhere is the reference to the "X laughed. Y laughed. Everyone laughed." quote. Is that really somewhere in one of the books?

Its a real quote, from Naked Empire. It was the quote of the day a while ago, I'll see if I can find the link.

sadly yes - it was featured in a QOTD a few weeks ago...

whoops, beaten to it.

Wow. Thank you. That is truly a stunning bit of prose.

Moose, how can you stand typing up these quotes of the day? I'm really impressed at your mental and emotional resilience and fortitude. You say drinking is involved? May I ask what your drink of choice is? I almost feel like the boarders should try to buy you a bottle of something as a way of thanking you for your self-sacrificing exploits.

And you're actually reading his latest book? I don't think I can muster up the courage to read any of his books, to be honest... It just seems too painful.

The secret is Irish whiskey. Lots of it. Actually, most of the time, I'm completely sober when I dig this stuff up. It's not too tough typing it out, cuz I don't need to read for content and I type pretty fast. Its finding the passage, which requires actually reading the crap, and then editing it, which requires reading it again, which can be difficult. Usually I just find Terry hilarious, so its not really punishment.

ETA: Oh yes, I have to read Phantom, partly because I hate to stop reading a series, even this one.

<then Richard shows up and kills Drefan by driving his hand right through Drefan’s stomach and yanking out his spinal chord. Seriously.>

No you’re not, you can’t be. Really. You can’t be serious about this. This soars SOT past the realm of cartoonist.

Of course Kahlan couldn’t just throw the spicy powder in his face to begin with. Or maybe hit him with a heavy blunt object.

Makes me wonder if Richard also has a “grim Rahl glare†and if it is anything like his “lookâ€

ETA: Oh yes, I have to read Phantom, partly because I hate to stop reading a series, even this one.

I used to fee the same way...I made it through Faith of the Fallen and Pillar of Creation sits on my shelf, but I...just...couldn't...do...it...any...more... :P

No you’re not, you can’t be. Really. You can’t be serious about this. This soars SOT past the realm of cartoonist.

Of course Kahlan couldn’t just throw the spicy powder in his face to begin with. Or maybe hit him with a heavy blunt object.

Makes me wonder if Richard also has a “grim Rahl glare†and if it is anything like his “lookâ€

I'm completely serious. Though it doesn't actually kill him. Drefan manages to get back on his feet (with a huge hole in his stomache and a torn out spinal chord) for one more attack before the "Slyph" does him in.

What the??? I go away for a week, and we're already at the next installment, at post 258???

Moose, you're a mental masochist. Or you like reading S&M. Either way, you get :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

“Yes. You’re right. You’re always right, Drefan. You’re smarter than me. You were right all along. I can’t fool you any longer. Give me what I want. Give me what I need. Please, Drefan, I’m begging you. I need you.â€

[...]

Richard shows up and kills Drefan by driving his hand right through Drefan’s stomach and yanking out his spinal chord. Seriously.

I can't give this a :sick: rating. We need two rating systems. This QotD is a :lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol: out of 5.

Look at that dialogue! OMG!! That is SO bad!! And punching through the stomach and yanking out the spine? What is this guy, Duke Nukem???

You forget, he is the Seeker, and the seeker is his own weapon. He is able to rip right through anything with his bare hands, as long as he has plenty of hate in his heart.

Sorta like a Dark Jedi, anger, fear, hatred power him up to be able to destroy everything in his path.

Archived