GOODKIND V

Werthead

They're called "Libraries"... :P

what the fuck is "libraries"? it sounds like some breed of dog, or a venereal disease, or something.

"I'm sorry Richard, when your whore of a wife slept with Drefan, it looks like she inadvertently contracted libraries, then passed it on to you."

Richard's crotch was burning, but it was not burning as hot as the heat of his hatred. His hatred burned hottest of all.

"I'm sorry Richard, when your whore of a wife slept with Drefan, it looks like she inadvertently contracted libraries, then passed it on to you."

Richard's crotch was burning, but it was not burning as hot as the heat of his hatred. His hatred burned hottest of all.

... Kahlan laughed, Drefan laughed, they all laughed. Then they ate chicken Mcnuggets which wasn't chicken Mcnuggets.

Early on Goodkind stated in an interview that he used his experiences and even uses a couple of specific Nuns as the basis for these characters. But then we could also say Jordan (I'll forgo the genuflection here if you please), stole his Assedi....( I've never read much of the WOT series, my mind isn't geared for reading mindless, go nowhere plot less crap) from Herbert and his Bene Gesserit sisterhood, as well/ or from the same place Goodkind did.....Catholic

Jordan has done lot's of research about different cultures etc. Ofcourse there are some similarities with the Benegessit. It could be he has read it, he probably read it, but the are only a few similarities. Those are expected if you both have reserached about for example nuns. Biut between Goodkind and Jordan there are many more similarities. Not that that always says a lot, but still. There are so many. Not only about the sisters of the light and dark (cough Aes sedai) , but also the a'dam. And many more.

And talking about Goodkind. He says he doesn't read fantasy, but he has given some quotes to other fantasy authors. Example : on the green rider, by Kirsten Britain. So how can I see that?

That suggests he has read fantasy.

So, ...he...what, had a female brain implanted into his skull, which would explain a great deal!,.....had a sex-change operation, which also explains more than I care to think about,...spoke to a few females and so...thinks he has figured out the female mind... pUhlease! Sorry Mr. Rigney you are obviously as in the dark as you are incapable of portraying a rational and even normal female

It's also called Humor. His statement can be seen as a humerous comment. I do agree that RJ sometimes has his own views of the relationship between man and woman and I don't always agree with him. But his females are rational and normal. I think they are very realistic. And many more people think that. My Nynaeve fanclub has 170 members.

I can understand if people don't like the characters and i can agree that RJ mostly only portraits strong women.

As a female i think he portraits realistic female characters. And I have heard more people say it, some women even thought a female wrote the books. Conclusion for me: there are people who feel the characters are realistic and normal, so they must be that. Only not all people have the same experience or feel different. Or Jordan failed in convincing them. Well, no problem, but don't say he is incapable of portraying a rational or normal female. Make it than : For me the female characters didn't work.

what the fuck is "libraries"? it sounds like some breed of dog, or a venereal disease, or something.

:lmao:

oh gods, Stranger, you win at life.

For some strange reason, I was reading all of that and the following thought popped into my head:

The Power of the Yeard compels you! The Power of the Yeard compels you!

I feel sick :sick:

( I've never read much of the WOT series, my mind isn't geared for reading mindless, go nowhere plot less crap)

In that instant, Fanatic-Templar completely understood the concept of a Goodkind fan that was not a Goodkind fan. This looked like a Goodkind fan, like most of the Goodkind fans. But this was no Goodkind fan. This was evil manifest.

Jordan has done lot's of research about different cultures etc. Ofcourse there are some similarities with the Benegessit. It could be he has read it, he probably read it, but the are only a few similarities. Those are expected if you both have reserached about for example nuns. Biut between Goodkind and Jordan there are many more similarities. Not that that always says a lot, but still. There are so many. Not only about the sisters of the light and dark (cough Aes sedai) , but also the a'dam. And many more.

As there are in almost any novel out there. Write something...and guess what...its been done. MY point is simply put; it really is pointless to make such accusations. People make them as "self aggrandizing" posturing for the sake of their fellows around them...i.e. they wish to be issue a bold statement to interject their knowledge to their peers as their peers nod sagely in agreement... Again, back to something I eluded to several weeks ago, anyone can make a statement about something as ambiguous as that knowing there is no way for anyone to know the truth of it. ~shrugs~

And talking about Goodkind. He says he doesn't read fantasy, but he has given some quotes to other fantasy authors. Example : on the green rider, by Kirsten Britain. So how can I see that?

That suggests he has read fantasy.

Please note there is no sarcasm in my point here... Goodkind has stated he doesn't red Fantasy as a rule, and he doesn't. He has in some years past read few books form the genera, but nothing in a good number of years. As for Kirsten, well guess what! Terry helped her write her first two books. Like it or not, Kirsten and Terry are friends and have been for a good long time. That being said, Terry, as well as most Authors are hounded by publishers and authors to write a paragraph or two. The publisher sends the new book out and asks the author to please review said book and also please include a blurb. In fact Terry was asked to write a paragraph for R Scott Bakker and Jacqueline Carey to name a few. This is common practice within the industry. I urged Terry to write one for Jacqueline Carey as she is a good personal friend of mine, but he was hunkered down writing and didn't get it in on time. The fact that someone writes a blurb is supposed to mean the read the book but that too is a rarity.

It's also called Humor. His statement can be seen as a humerous comment. I do agree that RJ sometimes has his own views of the relationship between man and woman and I don't always agree with him. But his females are rational and normal. I think they are very realistic. And many more people think that. My Nynaeve fanclub has 170 members.

Ahhh RJ is the only one allowed to have humor then? My post was frock full of it... as is a great many of Goodkind's...

I can understand if people don't like the characters and i can agree that RJ mostly only portraits strong women.

As a female i think he portraits realistic female characters. And I have heard more people say it, some women even thought a female wrote the books. Conclusion for me: there are people who feel the characters are realistic and normal, so they must be that. Only not all people have the same experience or feel different. Or Jordan failed in convincing them. Well, no problem, but don't say he is incapable of portraying a rational or normal female. Make it than : For me the female characters didn't work.

I didn’t say Jordan was/is incapable of portraying good or even great female characters. I simply was poking fun at the obvious humor Jordan placed within his blog. I mean…honestly! Who could EVER truly figure out the chaos that is the female! I thought his lil blurb there was great and being a man, totally understood what he was saying…(it’s a guy thing, and for that matter no thing alive would fail to rise to the true strength of the female character)

But in all honesty,

Same holds true for Goodkind. I've had the good fortune to attend a great many book signings and several of his speaking engagements. Being one of the two people who are considered the only source of Internet connection for Goodkind, and his Webmaster at .net, I have received hundreds upon hundreds of letters from females praising Goodkind for the realistic character in the women he writes. The strength of his female characters offer up courage and gives a great many of his readers that extra bit of boost to make a positive change and to be more of who they desire to be. Goodkind has been noted (be many critics) for the strong female characterizations of his female characters.

In that instant, Fanatic-Templar completely understood the concept of a Goodkind fan that was not a Goodkind fan. This looked like a Goodkind fan, like most of the Goodkind fans. But this was no Goodkind fan. This was evil manifest.

Indeed!

Translation: I can't actually say Goodkind copied me for legal reasons. ;)

Translation, that's "your" assumption and yours "alone". It has no basis, it has no merit, and it is simply speculation on your part. I've had a few conversations with Tom Doherty on this very subject. I can assure you Jordan was not implying that. It has nothing to do with legal anything. Surly if you've read Jordan long enough, if he meant to say that he would have. Please leave your assumptions out of matters. They are not fact.

I just love your use of the word "robust" in this instance. I wish I could find the transcript of this conversation. I'm sure it was very entertaining.

I think that Jordan's response to the question about similarities between his and TG's work is well described by the word "acerbic", perhaps?

and lets also face it...when has Jordan not been pretty much acerbic on any issue answering questions....:P

Why can't we? We're doing it right now. You would be right if we wanted a reaction from Terry Goodkind. But we don't.

Well, then you do not understand the term "taking the Mickey out of....

It is really pointless making such an attempt when the party whose ego you are trying to deflate, isn't even aware you are making the attempt...:P Simply doesn't work... But knock yourself out!

Oh, Mystar thanks for insulting all Catholics, shows your real colors

Alas...poor Watcher,, you really need to learn to read and stop the week attempts at injecting something or some meaning that just isn't there..

I insulted no Catholics, Catholicism or any religion for that matter.....nor would I. Now if you seem to take umbrage at the fact that some Nuns are less than true to their calling and are on....say.. "another" track having "another" agenda" sorry bub, I didn't say that. Though there are and have been for countless ages verifiable facts of just that very thing. I simply pointed out that Goodkind used some Nuns as the basis of some characterizations of the Sistwerps of the dark.

Though...really... you do need to simmer, and stop making things up that simply are not there. Did you also see monsters under your bed or in your closet? :rolleyes:

Probably a good thing for Scott that Goodkind passed on writing the blurb. Between the awful leering face in a circle and castles cover and a Goodkind rec I doubt I ever would've picked up the book.

As for the rest, I think the thread is kind of getting off track with the Jordan speculation. There is no dearth of 100% true material, with sources to back it up to have a go at Goodkind with. No real need to venture into speculations about who or what he might've lifted.

He also has to be standing up, or he couldn't reach any lethal part of Richard. He could hack off an ankle, I suppose, but to cause any damage that would incite such fear in Kahlan, he has to be standing. How the fuck does he do that with no nervous connection to his legs?

Translation, that's "your" assumption and yours "alone". It has no basis, it has no merit, and it is simply speculation on your part.

Baseless speculation! Stop biegn a sorel soer! :P

Mystar, while you can complain that there are similarites in all works, Goodkind echoes Jordan to a simply uncanny degree in many places.

And who in their right mind would ask Goodkind to write a blurb for BAKKER?

He also has to be standing up, or he couldn't reach any lethal part of Richard. He could hack off an ankle, I suppose, but to cause any damage that would incite such fear in Kahlan, he has to be standing. How the fuck does he do that with no nervous connection to his legs?

Richard was lying on the ground next to him at that point. I have no idea why; Mad Moose skipped that part.

Sooner or later an enemy will come, as they always do, and they will be ruthless. They will hold a blade to our throats. They will pillage and murder and rape us because we have failed to value the hard won gift of freedom and to honor our responsibility to preserve the flame of its true meaning.

So what are we going to do? Rape and Pillage them first before they get to us? Slaughter peace protestors (they're Communists!)? Kick naughty little girls in the face?

how exactly would a man get off a sword swipe with half his spine missing?

You're not even supposed to be alive without your spine, I think. You can't stand, and you can't move. Not only don't you have a backbone, the connection to the part of your brain and your nerves received massive damage, as your spinal nerve (which is in the spine), which I think relays most motor 'commands' to the brain, has been ripped off.

And if I were Jordan and someone asked me that again, I would have kicked him/her in the face. :P

After Richard and Kahlan talk for a while as well. Thats some massive internal bleeding too. This also assumes that Richard could actually puncture the entire abdomen with his hand and rip it out, which is also clearly impossible.

Archived