Arya and Nyeria

adiman83

Arya and Nymeria (the direwolf, not the queen) never really got a chance to properly bond like Bran and Jon did with their direwolves.

But, do you think the direwolf is still aware of Arya? I mean' do you think she still remembers her?

We know for a fact that Arya wargs into her almost every night when she sleeps. I always wondered if the direwolf was aware of this connection as well.

In the prologue of DWD Varamyr makes it clear that most of his animals are aware and very angry about his intrusions.

Hodor seems to notice Bran.

Maybe dream-warging is different... but I still think Nymeria and the other wolves do know what's going on, they just don't seem to mind.

They share a very strong connection through dreams. Arya is a very powerful warg, her power transcending physical distance of the order of seas and continents. In Riverlands she felt how Nymeria had dragged Catelyn out of the river after red wedding. She had her wolf dreams in Braavos also. :ninja:

Although I do think that Dream-warging is a bit different. The principle is the same, but it lacks the element of control. Arya sees and feels through Nymeria, but she doesn't act through her, at least not usually, in the way Varamyr or Bran do. The fact that Nymeria's wolfpack seems to target those responsible for Catelyn's death suggest that this connection also influences her, though.

I believe that Nymeria is aware of Arya. I think that bond was already in place shortly after each one of the Starks received their DireWolves.

Remember, when Arya was practicing sword fighting with Mycah(The Butcher's Boy), Nymeria jumped in and was attacking Joffrey when he tried to attack Arya.

At that point, The bond between Arya and Nymeria was clear. When Joffrey was cutting Mycah's face, Nymeria did not attack Joffrey.

Nymeria only attacked when he was attacking Arya.

I agree that the bond is strong with all of the Stark children and Jon and their Direwolves because they bonded when the puppies were newborn. Varamyr's animals were angry about his intrusions because he forced himself upon them. The fact that Arya dream-wargs with Nymeria suggests that their bond still exists and the fact that it happens across the Narrow Sea suggests that the bond is strong.

The fact that Nymeria's wolfpack seems to target those responsible for Catelyn's death suggest that this connection also influences her, though.

I think Nymeria doesn't give a damn for that corpse she pulled out of the Trident. The target are those responsible for the death of her brother Grey Wind.

Edited for spelling.

Archived