TTTNE #415: The Thread of Scampering

felice

Boy, did I just screw up. I'm back on p.45 working on a recap and I missed the race!

How appropriate that Buck should win. She featured prominently in the recap - but then so did RB and Koba and Lany.

Not sure how to rescue this disaster. Guess I'll post the recap here and in the new thread, both.

Quick and Dirty 24 36 48 Hour Recap

(from top p. 36/ post #701)

the weather around the globe at 1 PM GMT:

Seattle at 4 AM: 3 C, cloudy (what a shock!)

Honolulu at 2 AM: 20 C, showers (I could deal with that)

Christchurch 12:30 AM, Tuesday: 6 C, clear

Dubai 4 PM: 23 C, cloudy

Budapest 2:30 PM: – 3 C, cloudy

Can the Recap be done in half an hour? ((Eta; No. Not by me anyway. I just spent 3hours on it and didn’t finish – missed the race in fact.))

Not via the previous format.

I’m going to try a more subjective route ((total fail)). I’m always afraid I’ll leave someone or something out, but I’m going to let go of that fear and go for the gusto.

What you’re going to get here are the parts that jumped out at me – another of you would see something completely different. Which is how life works.

Onward!

Movie discussion with Zar & JQC: Shame/ 12Years a Slave/ ZD30/ Osage Co./Capt.Phillips.

JQC “sings” a lullaby – v.sweet (#706). L_T sez his mother sang him the German version. Yogi tea? NO! There’s lentil soup in the pot.

Lil O likes Powder Puff Girls this morning. Chai latte.

Zar has started a thread for Woody Allen discussion. Analyzing Woody Allen's Work. Starbuck’s dirty chai. L_T will try.

Wally has to rake the yard. Hopefully to stepdad’s satisfaction. Encouragement fr. Nero , L_T, Bex.

LO Starbucks barista story worth a c & p “And the baristas can't tell you no. Literally. You can ask for some insane stuff and they have to make it. I had customers that would do everything they could to "stump the barista". One guy that was Mr. Grumpy told me he would give me $20 if I didn't screw his order up. I got the $20 and a customer for life. ”

Chai disc between Zar & L_T continues. How to get the same thing in Germany you get in the DR. Odie to enjoy day off – needs tea.

Steve Stark (SS) talks about his postings (military).

LQ multi post (mp) – True Detective; “FUN DAD”; lentil soup; fruit under bed (?); bacon & Powerpuffs.

RB mp – health wishes, & chai!; Wally support; House; liked recap.

Maid: Crown Pooch’s tumor benign – WooHoo (approval of good news from Mark Anthony, HC, Wally, Adara – “Direterrier rocks!”, LQ, KiD, SS, L_T, RB, Koba, Buck, Lany, LO, Bex, Gillio )! Maid relieved of course. Direpooch “made a big fuss about playing in the snow” . . . “but now she's curled up in the couch”. There is some boilerplate on TTTNE for noobs and others. Likes recap. Says friend appreciated spam support.

KiD/LQ/Odie – “cow bacon”. (734 – 735).

Zar as always, the spam historian answers call from me, HC for a noob intro boilerplate. He will ask Angalin to “pin” the boilerplate at forum games. #740 – essential reading for first time spammers from Zar.

JQC feels watched by my recap – I think/hope she’s kidding/teasing?

L_T discusses lentil soup with LQ (yum -love lentil soup!).

MP back from “unexpected” trip to Ukraine. (So that’s what all the fuss is there. Kidding….). BB gives MP grief (763).

Buck mp: dancing with crumbling rock makeup (sounds impressionistic); LadyP = Pebble (I did not know this); Buck interesting? Discussion goes on. Chat link. #746

DA, KiD: on what she’s going to drink, what he ate. KiD jury duty summons at bad time.

Koba – Dallas Buyers Club – liked; gas crisis/MP; greetings to L_T; likied recap; Woody Allen thread will check out. Wishes everybody sexy dreams.

SS read Zar’s intro material. “Didn’t realize there were so many (rules), but not bad.” Will tell more dragon stories tonight (maybe you ought tell bedtime stories for spammers considering all the “goodnights” that go on around here). L_T welcomes him. MP “brags” to SS about his sniper rifle (:D). Going to chat. Zar – “You've never seen the Race, eh?”

Lany – shooting at mall not far from where she lives. Will be

Will be putting crocheted items for sale soon. Knight’s helms.

Space Bandito a little down. Reading scifi classics – Left Hand of Darkness. Scratched cat buddy, Sandor. Bex, Lany & Gillio send hugs. Support from L_T and HC.

RB mp – does a flower wear makeup?; Woody Allen – only liked Vicky C.B.; awesome dad; “I’m cute” (HC & Gillio both astonished she didn’t already know this J ; MP says she’s beyond cute. Buck: “And of course you are cute! I fear for my "Princess of All Things Cute and Adorable" since you are here!’) – “We met this group of people at the pub, they were really funny and random”; no snow; bed time tea.

HC to Zar re boiler plate; SS on telling made up bedtime stories versus reading; wealth of good kids books out there.; to SB – have you seen Hunger Games?; American hustle disc. Admits having folders full of Westeros stuff.

Zar – “*whispers in honeyed chicken's ear*: you are not alone (with the Westeros Files, that is)”; Black Swan? (haven’t but should I suppose).

#768 – priceless stuff from the Mountain Goat’s diary about the history of spam. Creative explanation of why there are so many rules for the spam.

Rhaegar I Targaryen checks in but runs off without saying anything. L_T welcomes him (or her) anyway.

LO mp – more on coffee & tea (“Why does everything yummy have to be so bad?*le sigh*”); friends are at Aviano, discusses having military husband and branches of military. Wishes hubby were in AF.

Gillio mp – sends Royal Pooch a kiss;got summons for jury duty after first son was excused for 16 years – got next summons on son’s 16th birthday!

L_T rpg day (enjoy! – or hope you enjoyed it since that was yesterday. I’m still jealous!); will take dice Odie sent him. Odie happy; vanilla tea. L_T to use Lannister colored dice and Lannister hoodie.

MP mp (been waiting for a chance to do that) – can’t discuss Ukraine trip w/ BB – “family business”; “Moon of my life” stuff; Buck interesting? – she can never be convinced ; VCB too sleazy – “like whole movie about LF” ; dreamed about RB.

RB – knew she was cute, but had to be reminded (must feel nice too, I would think); MP ninja’s RB, Juan Antonio not as big an ass as LF.

SS sore from P180X (you may need to explain what that is. I certainly don’t know); what story would you like to hear – the dragon or the moth?; had to leave firearms in texas, but made himself a bow – it has a name; ponders what a race is like (coming soon to the TTTNE network!); discusses reading vs. original stories (I’d throw in the good dog for you, but that story is 15 years in the past. But if I ever retell it I will try to remember to put in a “good” dog as well. Trash Dog isn’t really bad, per se. There are no “bad” dogs imo, just bad owners); “The magic was in his eyes, for sure. That's my favorite part, when I know I did a good job.” (very neat!!).

Buck mp – not a Woody Allen fan – too weird; grandparents visit (how’d it go??); Flower is indeed not a make wearer –“ I was raised in the spirit of "only shallow, silly girls wear make-up"” “I think they have a running make-up thread in GenChat, in which I feel like they are speaking an unknown language that I do not understand a word of.” (ftr – Mrs.Chicken does not wear it. It’s been years - I think the last time was function in Washington DC we got invited to and her sisters were there as well. It was weird to see all of them all dolled up.); has folders as well on pictionary & handwriting games (that make sense – I have that sort of thing for the elimination games.).

FomN checks in briefly.

Bex - Targ brew or Sam Adams? Crazy work week. Props to SS for his awesome dadding.

RB mp – explains spam race to SS; thinks SS’ kids will look back on a legendary childhood; asks SS about his dogs – what breed; to Buck on makeup and being the “silly” girl who wears it. (Interesting. Your gran wears it, your mother no, you yes. This feeds into something I saw in Mad magazine, of all places, years ago about certain stylistic traits skipping a generation. It’s a mini obsession of mine).

Buck - "I am not pretty anyway, so what is the point of trying to alter that with make-up, because it will make absolutely no difference" (I strongly believe it’s not how you look but who you are. The first thing I noticed about Mrs. Chicken was her personality – she has iron discipline. THEN I noticed her eyes, skin, curves . . .and no make up).

SS – about his 3 dogs, plus one he’s dog sitting for a deployed friend, and about getting them into Germany - expensive and time consuming & lots of paperwork; kids have it good and it’s a loving chaotic house.

RB – makeup & self esteem.

Koba mp (#794) – agrees with MP about VCB; starts with RB’s story abut what she was like as a girl re make up and takes the discussion in a quite a different (and Koba-like, if I may say so) direction (:D); choir dilemma (if you have choir experience you want to read Koba’s post and if you have a solution for her? Well, I, unfortunately, do not) (WHAT!!! Don’t bury the lead, girl! You have a chance to sing at a Rolling Stones concert?!! Good god that’s great! And what a great chance to make connections potentially to better singing opportunities for you!! NOW you really have to see 20 Feet From Stardom – several Stones backup singers are featured there.). Buck sends support, later on she recommends a break – you’ll see how much you miss it and enjoy it more when you go back. Wally advises quitting over half heartedness. Odie sez stop. RB recommends a month break, but don’t give up the passion. BB – speak to choirmaster about forming a splinter, elite group for competition? LO – lots of sympathy; skype choir? Bex – make things happen – make your own choir! Eyron I also asks if you’ve considered starting your own. Gillio agrees with singing w the Stones – amazing oportunity

GoT quiz (does anyone have the link?): Koba = Drogo & Kobahubbie = Tyrion (match made in ????); Odie = Tyrion;

MP mp#2 – to SS “god damn it why do you have to be tailored for me to like ” (??); to RB & Buck – “girls , you're beautiful and i can't understand this lack of self esteem , you're strong ,lovely and some of the best company i ever had the pleasure of having “ (well said!!).

RB mp: dog talk with SS about dog air travel (not good) and breeds and such; loves Koba’s “worst girl” story; to Buck “You have just the right amount of cuteness, that's what makes you you and you must believe and understand how awesome you are just the way you are. “.

Odie: “Have you seen the guys in the top left corner around 1:00? ” (??)

Buck; to Koba re singing break and what she lerned from her (injury caused) dancing break; “thank you tater”; to RB – “And I know I have just about the right amount of cuteness, I am not trying nor wishing to be "cuter" than I am. ”

BB mp: had insomnia too, but now is groggy from nap; to Koba re choir dilemma.

Lany on Etsy store. Names? “1) A Knight's Yarn ((obviously I like puns --- colloquially a yarn is a tall tale) 2) Lany's Crafty Corner (rather general, but leaves room for just about anything)”. LO likes both names. BB likes Knight’s Yarn. Bex too. Eyron I as well. L_T likes Lany's Crafty Corner. Zar as well but also HC suggestions. LQ – ditto Zar.

Eyron I: likes SS’ stories; Buck is awesome; everyone here is awesome, really (ditto); choir problem.

HC with some suggestions for Lany that won’t work . . .But Lany loves the alliteration (thx!)

DV, Wally & MA exchange greetings. DV lost a heel. What was she wearing at the time: black & red or green?

LQ “I was spontaneous yesterday and went to the Portland Wizard World Comicon that is going on here this weekend. I thought it was going to be a low budget version of Comicon, I'm not sure what I was expecting - but it wasn't NORMAN REEDUS!!!!!” ; got hoodie signed; screening for Pompeii starring Kit Harrington. Today (yesterday) is her Boardiversary. Tackle hugs Eyron who was feeling invisible (not anymore I’m thinking). Good wishes from LO, Lany, Bex, HC, Gillio. MA says v.cool to Con visit.

Lany mp: many short responses mostly reflects on various name suggestions and approvals for Etsy crochet store.

BB: “Ok guys: someone name the first three film characters that come to mind. GO!” (drawing a complete blank); writing and want some character inspiration to build off. Adara suggests Lizzy Bennett, Darth Vader and McLeod. Zar: Marion Post, Amelie Poulain and Lars Lindstrom. L_T: Travis Bickle, Doc Brown, Georgina Spica. RB: Marla Singer, Nikolai Luzhin, Daniel Ocean. Buck: Darth Vader, R2D2, Leia (yes she’s finished SW). BB – went with Adara’s suggestions (you can go to 854 for specifics).

Buck, Felice, BB discuss SW and changes George Lucas made to the DVDs. RB weighs in on SW dilemmas – characters who are ghosts after death vs those who are not. Gillio too loves R2D2.

MP wants pancakes. Kungsmurfen too. RB offers huge plate of pancakes. Km accepts!

DV has written half a book and showed it to no one. BB is embarrassed reading his back. Km writes short stories but does not show them.

Zar: did LO or DV have Grammy parties? LO – doesn’t follow them.

Lany & Wally re full week of school presumably after holiday and snow/cold days?

Gillio mp: to Koba “2. You may never grow up, I havent!! ” (join the club!); likes MPs post to Buck & RB; thinks RB talented writer (agreed); to Lany “I like a knights tale, or maybe a warrior's tale to include the vikings. Hubby says make some marvin the martian green ones”.

LO: saw baby whale while out with Lil O and hubby flying kites by the Pacific! Needs dinner suggestions for the week. Koba loves whale siting – wants to see one someday.

AK; quick “Hi!”

Bex – long work week; posting to spam from work. L_T – “Hi sis!” coffee & late breakfast.

Koba – trip to aquarium fun but exhausting.

Buck mp: “I also have a new crackpot theory: Jaime Lannister is secretly either Ani or Luke Skywalker.” (#880 if you want to agree or rebut); support for Wally going back to school; procrastinating; whales amazing.

I’m going to stop here and pick up tonight or tomorrow with the new thread because I missed the race while I was plodding along here.

Spampital Ward:

Adara – “Stupid cold. Hubby getting me chicken soup from a Chinese restaurant, it's almost like medicine.”

Odie – can’t sleep. Wally sends her hot chocolate.

LQ – sore back.

Missing Spammers:

Atropis has not been on the board since Jan.5th. I’m assuming she’s busy/bored with us/moved on. If anybody has contact with her – just say we’re thinking of her (it meant a lot to me that Gillio & Adara contacted me when I was briefly away from the spam).

Lily ValleyI have not seen her in a while, but her semester probably just started and I think she added a duty to her job. Also I know Bex and LQ are close to her so if they aren’t worried, I won’t be.

Anybody else we haven’t seen in a while. Sordelor?

.Ohhhh,Norman Reedus is soooooo dreamy :drool: you lucky lucky lucky Qat. Was Pompei good. Kit shirtless is good obviously but movie all together,what was it like?

HAPPY BOARDYVERSARY CAT !!!!!!!

Thanks Koba-love!!! They only showed us about 5 minutes of Pompei. It looks good, and yes - a shirtless Kit is definitely a plus. :drool:

OMFG!!!!!!!

He's smaller in person, right? I was surprised he was average height, but never average looking :D I didn't get to meet him, I was too shy but he seemed very nice to his fans. Soooooo happy but envious you got to meet him up close you lucky lady you!!! Plus, comic cons are awesome and I'm glad to hear Portland is still rockin em.

It's the name change. LadyQ is where it's at

And happy Boardiversary!!

Please post pics of hoody :D

Thanks LadyO! :D

Yes, he did seem a bit smaller in person, but still super nice. Here's a link to the pics I took: http://imgur.com/a/neXaB

*hugs*

Happy Board Anniversary

Sounds like a fun convention. Sorry about the sore back, but a professional massage sounds lovely

Thanks Lany! The massage yesterday helped immensely.

Happy Boardiversary!

Thanks hc, and keep up the impressive post digests please. I love reading those.

I :wub: R2D2. He is the smartest of them all. And who would think they can show so much feelings from a faceless robot who only lights up and peeps around?

I also like those beary-like creatures, apaprently those are what gets called ewoks? They look so cuddly and sweet. (Yes I know they are not.) Leia should totally adopt that one that she met first.

I saw some cute R2D2 robots at the Comic Con, that were totally realistic looking. The robots actually moved and made R2D2 noises, too. I took photos, but should have got some video for you.

Also, there was a baby who could barely walk, but was dressed up like an ewok - SO CUTE!

HAPPY BOARDIVERSARY LADYQ!!!!!!!

Bex: I love you! :love:

We had an amazing day today! We bought a Despicable Me Minion kite and took it up to the place that I linked a picture of. It was a beautiful, almost hazy day, sorta overcast, but not quite. Slight sprinkles. We flew our kite and then hubby noticed that he thought he saw something in the ocean...

It was a baby whale!!!! I've never seen one so close to the shore, but I think we usually have the gray whale migration around this time. We decided to drive further down toward the ocean for a better look, and although we didn't see anymore of the whale, we saw a bunch of dolphins that were (I think) feeding!! Very cool stuff to see. I love nature, and seeing animals in their natural habitat, so it was a very great experience for me

Now I'm just trying to figure out what to fix this week for dinner :idea: any suggestions??

And I'm still Squeeeeeeeeeing that Qat got to meet Reedus

That sounds like an amazing day, one for good memories for sure!

.R2D2 is one of the essential building blocks of Star Wars. :agree: Star Wars wouldn't be Star Wars without R2D2 and Darth Vader.

.Cat, happy boardniversary!

Thanks Rhaenys. See my link above for R2D2 pictures.

Archived