Similarities b/n Jon and other Targaryen princes........

Suzanna Stormborn

Good lord :lol:

They both have non-Targaryen mothers.

Then it shouldn't be only Aegon but also Jaehaerys, Alysanne, Rhaena, Rhaenyra, Daeron I, Rhaena, Elaena, Baelor I, Daena, Aegon IV, Naerys, Aemon the Dragonknight, Baelor Breakspear, Aerys I, Aelinor, Rhaegel, Maekar I and possibly Valarr, Matarys, Rhaegel's twins, Daeron, Aerion, Maester Aemon, Aegon V , Rhae, Daella, Daeron's daughter, Aerion's son, Duncan the Small, Jaehaerys II Egg's third son, Rhaelle, Aerys II and Rhaella.

So it isn't their mothers.

Yesterday I would had overeacted but now I fond it funny. "Come on boy lets go for a walk! Come on" this

Haha, great image :) . PS - sorry if I caused any offence, I only meant to share a laugh :)

Also, I agree with Apple Martini's post, particularly what she said about how Jon view/might view the Daerons in regards to maturing

The main similarity between Jon and his Targaryen biological father is summarized in the following passage:

He pulled Longclaw over a shoulder. "Aren't you afraid?"

"Last night I was," she admitted. "But now the sun's up." She pushed her hair aside to bare her neck, and knelt before him. "Strike hard true, crow, or I'll come back and haunt you."

Longclaw was not so long or heavy a sword as his father's Ice, but it was Valyrian steel all the same. He touched the edge of the blade to mark where the blow must fall, and Ygritte shivered. "That's cold," she said. "Go on, be quick about it."

He raised Longclaw over his head, both hands tight around the grip. One cut, with all my weight behind it. He could give her a quick clean death, at least. He was his father's son. Wasn't he? Wasn't he?

"Do it," she urged him after a moment. "Bastard. Do it. I can't stay brave forever." When the blow did not fall she turned her head to look at him.

Jon lowered his sword. "Go," he muttered.

Ygritte stared.

"Now," he said, "before my wits return. Go."

She went.

It turned out he wasn't his 'father' son and yet he definitely was. The blow did not fall, nor - I strongly suspect - did it fall at the ToH, with the KotLT escaping Rhaegar's hunting party. Literary irony at its best.

Well, Jon's first chapter shows him idolizing Daeren Daeron Targaryen for his conquest of Dorne. The Young Dragon was one of his heroes. I'd say Jon plays out a bit of his brashness, his overreach, when he lets the Free Folk through the Wall and plans his march on Winterfell. His moment of glory, getting the Wall back into fighting shape and planning to root out a direct threat to the Watch ends in his death, though he didn't cause 40,000 needless deaths in the process.

Is not like most targaryens he was raised to he was a bastard of the north not a prince of a long lost superior race, the targaryens of old showed mostly superiority the few that didn't were humbled by life. From this I see him as Maekar a who was humbled by his birth rank and by became a king out of necessity.

Archived