New Trailer This Sunday

Westeros

I agree regarding the books. Detail is everything, and George can afford to build up those characters. I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked to have seen Smalljon flip a table or Dacey smash someone in the head, but ultimately the showrunners are on a budget and time restraints, so it's not a necessity. The RW in the show lost none of its impact due to the absence of minor characters.

Actually it lost quite a bit of its impact. The dining hall at the Twins was rammed, hot and sweaty. There was an growing feeling of dread slowly but surely building, which Catelyn easily picked up on. Then it was much more horrific than what transpired in the show, as Frey and Bolton men-at-arms and in full armour stormed the rammed dining hall and proceeded to hack, decapitate and butcher everyone in there. In the show, it was dark and murky and you couldn't make out much besides from Robb and Talysa's deaths. It was just a few fleeting dark and murky shots of arms and hands going up in the air holding daggers, and dudes yelling. HBO did get the aftermath pretty much correct, although we didn't see Cat being dumped into the river and the mocking of the House Tully traditions.

I really hope when season 5 rolls along they reduce Dany's and Sansa's screen time....BORRRRINNNNGGG....and give it to Asha, Stannis, Rammers and Roose, Aeron, Doran and the sexxxxxxxxaaayyyyy Sand Snakes. If they cut back on all those stupid Dany "I will take back what is mine" scenes, her lame nude scenes, and all of Sansa's boohooooing / not understanding how 'sex works' scenes....we'd be in business!

Agreed. And less Tyrells as well.

Honestly the lady getting burned looks and sounds a lot like Brienne. Which leads me to two conclusion:

1) She's getting burned by LS & BwB instead of hanged (also that her plot is being moved forward quite considerably)

2) My mind is playing tricks and she is actually a no name extra getting burned by Mel

Seriously I can't understand how anyone could come up with such ridiculous conclusions. No offence, but that women at pyre is NOT Brienne, just freeze-frame it and you'll see she has long hair, this is someone random Mel burned to ensure safe journey north.

I know D&D have made some serious changes but there is no reason they would burn Brienne? She still has a large part to play I believe.

Also I can't see any crossbow above the bed in that shot with Shae as someone mentioned...that is just ornament on the bed.

Hope there will be more Mance as well, although that would probably mean Tormund and Ygritte returning north of the Wall and then come back south.....hmm.... who else would be Mance interacting with? Styr?

I would bet my life that is not Brienne, there is absolutely no feasible reason why 1) they would spoil that in the trailer and 2) why Stannis would burn her.

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/10/dramatic-set-photos-from-ballintoy-harbour/

From the set photos, you can tell that this is the woman tied to the pyre to the right. Also, it looks as if her hair might be merely pulled back, not Brienne short. You can also tell that Stannis and Mel are on the set for that series of photos, so it's not LS and the BwB. 101% not Brienne.

Crushed. Debunked. :owned:

Seriously I can't understand how anyone could come up with such ridiculous conclusions. No offence, but that women at pyre is NOT Brienne, just freeze-frame it and you'll see she has long hair, this is someone random Mel burned to ensure safe journey north.

I know D&D have made some serious changes but there is no reason they would burn Brienne? She still has a large part to play I believe.

Also I can't see any crossbow above the bed in that shot with Shae as someone mentioned...that is just ornament on the bed.

Hope there will be more Mance as well, although that would probably mean Tormund and Ygritte returning north of the Wall and then come back south.....hmm.... who else would be Mance interacting with? Styr?

Yep. I'm all for speculating who obscured or unknown characters are in the trailers. But we can actually see this woman's face. It's not Brienne. Not in the way that that the WW at the end is probably not Coldhands, or the guy on the horse with the white flag might not be Theon. It is just not Brienne. Not even a little bit. Stop. Please.

As for Mance, I'm starting to doubt he'll be involved very much if at all this season. He's far too big an actor to leave out of any and all promo material thus far. Especially when every other character of note has appeared at least once. The only ones that haven't are the others that might be taking a knee this season anyway. (Blackfish and Edmure, Gendry, Lancel and Kevan etc) And you're right. I can't see who he would interact with other than Jon during the parlay, but that's one scene.

I would bet my life that is not Brienne, there is absolutely no feasible reason why 1) they would spoil that in the trailer and 2) why Stannis would burn her.

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/10/dramatic-set-photos-from-ballintoy-harbour/

From the set photos, you can tell that this is the woman tied to the pyre to the right. Also, it looks as if her hair might be merely pulled back, not Brienne short. You can also tell that Stannis and Mel are on the set for that series of photos, so it's not LS and the BwB. 101% not Brienne.

Crushed. Debunked. :owned:

Alas, you are forgetting the most important point. It kind of looks like Brienne. Checkmate, sir. Gin, Yatzi. Good day. Can't wait to see Brienne get burned.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, I know, but it's getting insane.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, I know, but it's getting insane.

:cheers: Nah, some people are too uptight about it, and we all know only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Well placed sarcasm can have me rofl pretty good. I post quite a bit of it (maybe too much), but it's all in good fun. As long as you can also contribute :thumbsup:

Well excuse me for stating my observation. The degree of certainty you are posing is incredulous. You did nothing more than provide your POV with circumstantial evidence, just like I (and several others did). Get that stick out of your ass and stop being an ahole.

:cheers: Nah, some people are too uptight about it, and we all know only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Well placed sarcasm can have me rofl pretty good. I post quite a bit of it (maybe too much), but it's all in good fun. As long as you can also contribute :thumbsup:

Fully agreed!

But yes, despite the unpredictability of book to show changes, I'm fairly certain that Brienne won't end up getting burned alive. Mainly based on the fact we can clearly see it's not actually Brienne :)

Well excuse me for stating my observation. The degree of certainty you are posing is incredulous. You did nothing more than provide your POV with circumstantial evidence, just like I (and several others did). Get that stick out of your ass and stop being an ahole.

Okay, I was stating my opinion just as you were stating yours. If you think that my using of word 'ridiculous' makes me an a..hole, than it's your problem.

I say that it's not Brienne, you say it might be her. Both of us have an opinion and we just have to agree to disagree.

Honestly the lady getting burned looks and sounds a lot like Brienne. Which leads me to two conclusion:

1) She's getting burned by LS & BwB instead of hanged (also that her plot is being moved forward quite considerably)

2) My mind is playing tricks and she is actually a no name extra getting burned by Mel

Thank you! BUT let's all together hope that it is not Brienne.

Furthermore, only another THOUGHT (!!) what are they gonna do with Tormund ?? ya know in the books he is kinda .. on the other side. How do they make him not die in the battle and spirit him away so he can come later with the wildlings ??

Please don't hate me :)

Thank you! BUT let's all together hope that it is not Brienne.

Furthermore, only another THOUGHT (!!) what are they gonna do with Tormund ?? ya know in the books he is kinda .. on the other side. How do they make him not die in the battle and spirit him away so he can come later with the wildlings ??

Please don't hate me :)

Keep him captive? Have him escape to the other side of the Wall through the gates? Plenty of opportunities.

Tormund was one of my favorite characters to read about in ADWD, and I love the look of show Tormund. I hope they do his character justice.

Also, if it weren't for Tormund, we wouldn't have the awesome "Put Tormund's member into important quotes" thread. Whewwwww doggie does that thread get me :lol:

Archived