New Trailer This Sunday

Westeros

The Drunkard, thank you. Given what you said I think I've figured out the context. We know he meets with the Iron Bank officials from the two glimpses of him and Davos sitting with them in the On the Set and the Production Design features. So Davos will be suggesting that he let the Iron Bank pay for his campaign if he honours the crown's debts. Stannis will respond that he won't be the puppet to the bank or be a page in their history books. Maybe Davos will respond that, no, the IB will be a page in his history books.

Heh, I like the deceptive editing with regards to Jon's lines, which are most likely about Mormont, but edited to look like they're about Robb (likewise, Tyrion's rejoinder).

Sigh, Sansa confiding in Tyrion about her feelings. Not even the Red Wedding can change that, it seems.

I think, especially with what Sophie said about Sansa in season 4 (starting to manipulate the people who had done her harm), that she is only in "confiding" mood with Tyrion because she is going to use her sorrow as an excuse to leave, and meet Dontos. I think it's followed by the scene in the Foreshadowing where she's running to meet someone in secret. She wears the same hair and clothes.

It's basically the show's version of "Sansa has become very pious and is always going to the weirwood to pray".

Also ... who is unveiling the hood at 0:31?

I have half a mind to say it's Lady Stoneheart, but it's too blurry and dark to tell!

... could also be Lysa Arryn ...

... or someone else entirely!

And that's Sansa escaping King's Landing - edited in the trailer to follow the scene with Tyrion.

It's awesome that they are using Cities in Dust, even if it's a cover. They are really choosing great songs for the trailers.

He serves no importance to the plot, unlike Gregor or Tommen. Great character, yes, but there doesn't need to be a recasting for a minor character.

But it's these characters which contribute to these big events having much more of an impact, such as in ASOS and the RW when as readers we were much more familiar with Smalljon Umber and Dacey Mormont, who died horrific deaths, or having the Greatjon and Marq Piper taken prisoner. Whereas in the HBO RW, it's just a bunch of nobodies who die in the murkiness along with Robb, Talysa and Catelyn.

None of those things were treated as even slightly ambiguous by the show. They were all triumphant moments.

I don't get this. So, the show has to include characters explaining to the audience: "I don't know how I feel about this! This is bad... or is it?" "I don't know if I like her or not" etc. in order for a character to be flawed and morally ambiguous? Or maybe they should use on-screen text popping up, as in Youtube videos?

But it's these characters which contribute to these big events having much more of an impact, such as in ASOS and the RW when as readers we were much more familiar with Smalljon Umber and Dacey Mormont, who died horrific deaths, or having the Greatjon and Marq Piper taken prisoner. Whereas in the HBO RW, it's just a bunch of nobodies who die in the murkiness along with Robb, Talysa and Catelyn.

I agree regarding the books. Detail is everything, and George can afford to build up those characters. I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked to have seen Smalljon flip a table or Dacey smash someone in the head, but ultimately the showrunners are on a budget and time restraints, so it's not a necessity. The RW in the show lost none of its impact due to the absence of minor characters.

Fixed. She was one of the nobodies.

Have to disagree. I know it's cool to hate on show changes/additions, but I liked her, and most Unsullied seemed to like her too. That nude scene was a little lame (should have been the introduction of Robb's will) but other than that I didn't have a problem with Talisa's character.

Have to disagree. I know it's cool to hate on show changes/additions, but I liked her, and most Unsullied seemed to like her too. That nude scene was a little lame (should have been the introduction of Robb's will) but other than that I didn't have a problem with Talisa's character.

Yea, we're gonna have to agree to disagree. I generally don't have a problem with adaptations on the show, but I thought Talisa was boring, and didn't care for her acting either. I liked Richard Madden as Robb Stark, but I found nearly all of their exchanges cringeworthy.

Yea, we're gonna have to agree to disagree. I generally don't have a problem with adaptations on the show, but I thought Talisa was boring, and didn't care for her acting either. I liked Richard Madden as Robb Stark, but I found nearly all of their exchanges cringeworthy.

I agree she was just Meh at best.

That trailer was awesome, seeing (presumably) Coldhands, Arya and the Hound riding, and the shots of Red Viper vs Mountain still get me! I made a breakdown of the trailer here if you guys would like to check it out and tell me what ya think of it!

00:16 is widely hypothesized to be Theon at Moat Cailin. Note the white peace banner.

Just thought you should know since you've done multiple analysis videos and haven't considered this theory.

01:36 is Styr I believe.

A few things...

Kevan can't be replaced by Pycelle, maybe the death scene (it would be a stretch), but no, don't do it D&D. Its ridiculous to even consider this.

Adding Mel to Arya's list...not sure where this is going, wonder if they're playing to something that will happen in the later books. I thought the Mel/B w/o B scene was awkward at first, but I did enjoy Mel's interactions with Thoros/Beric. Gendry is meh.

I hope they include Coldhands this season. If it turns out to be him at the end of this last trailer, I guess D&D are not including how he tries to cover his appearance.

I'm so bored with Dany, *YAWN*

Littlefinger is still my favorite Westerosi Pimp.

I really hope when season 5 rolls along they reduce Dany's and Sansa's screen time....BORRRRINNNNGGG....and give it to Asha, Stannis, Rammers and Roose, Aeron, Doran and the sexxxxxxxxaaayyyyy Sand Snakes. If they cut back on all those stupid Dany "I will take back what is mine" scenes, her lame nude scenes, and all of Sansa's boohooooing / not understanding how 'sex works' scenes....we'd be in business!

Archived