Is Blackfish (Brynden Tully) a homosexual?

Zephyr Winters

The backstory whatever-they're-called from the show has Sandor saying that when servants started disappearing around the keep as Gregor got older there was "Even a sister I don't remember" Some believe Arya and Sansa remind him subconsciously of these two, could be true, could not be.

Although I have the feeling this response pretty clearly indicates a joke went over my head. It happens, I missed a snide jab at that stupid god damn Dreadfort scene from season 4 just yesterday.

Got it, I'll have to do a re-read it seems.

There was. Supposedly murdered by Gregor.

However, I like the crackpot idea that Pretty Meris is her. It makes little sense, but I like it.

Oh wow thats a good call.

Meris was from Westeros after all.

(Jeeze, did no ONE tell Rhaegar about what a psycho family the Cleganes were, especially Gregor)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It gets so old of Ppl making up stories about characters being gay especially when there is zero proof. The man didn't want to be a pawn for his brother so he said Fuck that noise and left to do what he was made for and that's being a soldier not some lord who sits on his ass all day. Ppl bring up that he doesn't go to brothels so he has to be gay. Since when is paying for sex show if a man is gay or not, would it make him Straight if he were rapping women... no it would make him a scumbag. I saw one thread where ppl said Jon was gay because he called satin good looking dispite him loving a women. I mean enough is enough not everyone is gay. Another thing what's with the Harry Potter references how old are you guys it's just sad. In the end who cares what his sexualty is hes awesome but please stop trying to make everyone gay.

The only possible theory for Blackfish's gay orientantion is refusing to marry, yet the book makes it pretty clear he didn't want to spend the rest of his life with a greedy Redwyne just so Hoster can get rich.

He's a warrior, what does the part about being around other warriors prove? He seems like a serious yet caring guy who wants whats best for the future generations of his family, not in a jealous way like Jon Connington. And he's not a pervert, unlike every other gay character.

How are JC and Renly perverts?Please compare them to straight people like Tywin, Cersei, Robert and Tyrion.

Main point is : he's stubborn.

There's no element to say why he didn't wanted to marry at all.

He may well have decided for chastity after losing a loved one, or just because he's such a contrarian.

Or he may have had hundred of affairs with women, men, real fishes or whatever, for all we know, just being discrete enough so people don't gossip about them.

Who is to say Barristan isn't homosexual himself? Two old, celibate men who have never taken an interest in girls? The chances of both being asexual and/or no-women-all-duty men are very low. I hadn't thought about Barristan but he does fit into the same category as Blackfish. We already saw that GRRM made Loras be one of the best knights while also being a homosexual, and he is known to be a feminist. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Dumbledore on us with either of those two old men.

Ashara Dayne?

Archived