Jon Snow vs Loras Tyrell

AdmiraloftheDothrakiSea

It's just speculation, I have no proof. Give me the guy that's been battling wildlings in freezing conditions for years over the guy who's been prancing around King's Landing. I do think in a tourney, 1v1, Loras would win handily. However, in the field of battle with other conditions playing a part - Jon would find a way to win, just me. 

Loras has fought on Dragonstone and in the vanguard at the Blackwater and killed Robar Royce and Emmon Cuy. We know he's an accomplished tournament knight and almost won a melee at Bitterbridge, so he probably spends his time smashing the shit out of other skilled knights in the melee quite often, which isn't as vanilla an affair as people seem to think, it's good battle practice. 

He doesn't prance he struts.

And as far as Jon battling Wildings he kills one he sneaks up on, shoots arrows at the rest and chops some when a direwolf is tearing them apart. It doesn't even touch on Loras' experience. 

I don't think 1 Northman = 10 Southerners but i would say mentally they would be tougher.

Ser Loras is a deadly knight but he is best with a Lance from horse back, in a straight up sword fight he would beat Jon but i don't think it would be a whitewash. Unfortunately i think Loras would win.

Loras would not beat The Mountain though. The only reason he was brought down so easily against Oberyn was because of the poison...instead of prancing round screaming he should have just ended it.

Sandor is very strong not as strong as his brother but still amazingly strong even Jaime thinks he is fast i don't think Loras could ever beat the Hound unless it was a joust.

1. Napoleon and Hitler were both fighting on several fronts against several opponents at once, and were outnumbered by the Russians.

2. Attrition had more of a role to play in either of their downfalls than "Northern toughness"

Please don't mention those two in the same sentence.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't  Sir Barristan say something along the lines of when it all comes down to it any mad can beat anyone it all depends  on  luck a and whoever   the gods favor

Chance always plays a role, but if chance were the only factor, why does Barry spend time training his squires, or training/practicing himself? Why does he wear armor? :)

... and who is the better commander is completely irrelevant to who would win in a sword fight.

Good luck getting that across. I said Ned Stark wasn't very good at the "Game of Thrones" and spent several posts trying to explain why that didn't make him a bad person.

Why are people saying Loras was unblooded. By the time Jon did any killing, hadn't Loras slain two of the Rainbow guard? I would say the fight could turn in Jons favor, as it did against Iron Emmet, or Sandor against Lord Beric, But if there was money (mine that is) riding on the fight I'd bet on Loras.

This is a silly thread and a silly comparison, Jon's role in ASOIAF isn't that of a fighter, no more than Ned's was. Its irrelevant whether he is a better or a worse swordsman than someone like Loras Tyrell who only exists in the serious for his skills with the blade.

This is a silly thread and a silly comparison, Jon's role in ASOIAF isn't that of a fighter, no more than Ned's was. Its irrelevant whether he is a better or a worse swordsman than someone like Loras Tyrell who only exists in the serious for his skills with the blade.

:agree:

Archived