My one year on the Board.

King of Winters

Thanks for reminding me, my forum anniversary is coming up as well; Mar. 28.

DAMN, I'd have to post a couple of hundred times a day to equal your count. Way to go!

But then, I have other things that I do - like re-reading the books.

Sometimes just one or two lines of text written by GRRM means more to me than a thousand forum posts.

But don't get me wrong, I DO love the fact that there are people here who see things that I would have missed.

To be honest, I don't think I would have stumbled across R+L=J on my own.

But then again, to be honest I'm not nearly as sure as others are that it's true. :p

I got a mention? YES! :commie: I can die happy now.

Kidding of course, I still need to go skydiving before I can do that. :P

In all seriousness, thanks for your contributions, King of the Starks. Your posts are always worth reading.

Be happy to push you out of a plane, will you be requiring a chute? You know how momma birds push the babies out of the nest, even birds don't want to jump the first time. None of that tandem crap either, you go solo or your don't go.

Wow I can't believe I have been here longer than you. You made 70 friends? Ha I got that beat, I got a good 200 people who hate me here.

So after a year what would be things you notice? The repetition stood out to me, lets talk about the same exact thing again. Some people would write good new theories and nobody would post on them cause a hate thread popped up that had just been done the week before and it required 600 replies and 20,000 views.

Congratulations on... I am torn between making it a year, surviving a year, and enjoying your first year. Think all three probably apply.

Be happy to push you out of a plane, will you be requiring a chute? You know how momma birds push the babies out of the nest, even birds don't want to jump the first time. None of that tandem crap either, you go solo or your don't go.

Great thanks. Do you have a camera I can borrow? ;)

Great thanks. Do you have a camera I can borrow? ;)

First time jumpers don't get to use camera's usually they are to busy holding onto the ripcord for dear life. Other people take the pic's, don't get killed on your first jump, a lot other people can take the pic's "wait, wait, wait, damn thing isn't focusing." No selfies god damn it, they tend to go like this, damn that one was blurry, shit out of focus again, come on I need a good pick to tweet, "First jump #awesome, #crazy, took me three tries to take the pic, oh crap the #planet.

Wow I can't believe I have been here longer than you. You made 70 friends? Ha I got that beat, I got a good 200 people who hate me here.

So after a year what would be things you notice? The repetition stood out to me, lets talk about the same exact thing again. Some people would write good new theories and nobody would post on them cause a hate thread popped up that had just been done the week before and it required 600 replies and 20,000 views.

Congratulations on... I am torn between making it a year, surviving a year, and enjoying your first year. Think all three probably apply.

The one thing that annoys me is the religion threads about there being one true god/religion. For now there hasn't been any but there'll come a time when they return.

First time jumpers don't get to use camera's usually they are to busy holding onto the ripcord for dear life. Other people take the pic's, don't get killed on your first jump, a lot other people can take the pic's "wait, wait, wait, damn thing isn't focusing." No selfies god damn it, they tend to go like this, damn that one was blurry, shit out of focus again, come on I need a good pick to tweet, "First jump #awesome, #crazy, took me three tries to take the pic, oh crap the #planet.

Well from your previous post I inferred that a parachute was an optional extra for wimps. I'd want to get the full experience so I'd probably go without, allowing me to take pictures without faffing about with the cord.

So after a year what would be things you notice?

butterbumps! and I asked ourselves the very same thing the other day as we realized we were approaching a significant milestone in our lives - two years on this glorious, one-of-a-kind, life-changing forum. Above all, we learned that the forum is a bastion of enlightenment. Allow me to present an excerpt of what we felt were the greatest hits. These are must reads, to be enjoyed especially on anniversaries.

1. Martin is a secret slave enthusiast.

2. John Deere was inspiration for the Baratheon sigil.

3. A conclusive ending to the lizard lion controversy.

4. Comprehensive data analysis on Cersei's abortions.

Well from your previous post I inferred that a parachute was an optional extra for wimps. I'd want to get the full experience so I'd probably go without, allowing me to take pictures without faffing about with the cord.

Ok well when you hit the ground tuck and role, you should be totally fine

The one thing that annoys me is the religion threads about there being one true god/religion. For now there hasn't been any but there'll come a time when they return.

Shhhhhhhhh, don't jinx it. If you don't talk about it it's not really there.

butterbumps! and I asked ourselves the very same thing the other day as we realized we were approaching a significant milestone in our lives - two years on this glorious, one-of-a-kind, life-changing forum. Above all, we learned that the forum is a bastion of enlightenment. Allow me to present an excerpt of what we felt were the greatest hits. These are must reads, to be enjoyed especially on anniversaries.

1. Martin is a secret slave enthusiast.

2. John Deere was inspiration for the Baratheon sigil.

3. A conclusive ending to the lion lizard controversy.

4. Comprehensive data analysis on Cersei's abortions.

1. Was my first WTF moment on the board.

2. I will read anything Blackhawk writes, seriously I get butterflies when he posts a thread. It's not that I like an easy target, it's that I love an easy target. I would feel bad about it, but I don't.

3. Is an all time great thread.

4. I missed that one, oh no.

You know the thing is I am such a snarky smart ass most of the time that when I read threads like that, at first I assume it's a joke. Then I think god I wish I had thought of that, well numbers 2 and 3 anyway, the other two are just... I don't know. But 2 and 3 that's comedy gold, then I find out they are serious and it gets even better, well for me anyway. The fact that three even thought there was a controversy. I mean that's like, like the first time you ever tasted ice cream.

Archived