Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

MisterOJ

While I agree that this game needs more cards pronto, what does netdecking mean?

Currently grinding for my next batch of arena gold and my quests require wins with warrior/rogue. These are my worst decks by far, just can't find a good way to play them.

While I agree that this game needs more cards pronto, what does netdecking mean?

Currently grinding for my next batch of arena gold and my quests require wins with warrior/rogue. These are my worst decks by far, just can't find a good way to play them.

Netdecking is just using a deck built by someone else that is already known to work well rather than coming up with your own deck.

The lack of card variety in HS at the moment means there aren't that many truly viable decks though, at least not at the highest level of play, so I think netdecking complaints at the moment are a little silly.

Congratulations! Getting that first 12-win run is a great milestone. It took me around 400 arena wins before I achieved my first 12-win. In the 500 wins since, I've gotten 7 more. Arena definitely has a large experience component.

What a coincidence! I was at ~410 wins before I got it.

The lack of card variety in HS at the moment means there aren't that many truly viable decks though, at least not at the highest level of play, so I think netdecking complaints at the moment are a little silly.

Sort of - I know only a few deck types are viable, but the speed at which a specific deck goes from zero to sixty is annoying.

I am getting better at arena, but right now I am trying to save gold for the expansion and I am not good enough at arena yet to come out ahead consistently. Sometimes trying to get enough wins for even those stupid dailies is frustrating. I'm not a great player, but I'm not horrible either. I have started a Euro and Asian account that I only use for arena, so hopefully I will eventually get good enough to make arena profitable - but right now, it's not happening.

I suck at arena. But I am on my best run yet with it, 6 wins one loss before quitting tonight (previously got to five once with a mage built off antigrav's list). How the hell I have done it I do not know, I thought I got a pretty bad run of neutrals and I am way more top heavy than I usually run with. But now I am almost afraid to click the play button, hate to lose this run against a mage with some AoE, which would absolutely kill this deck.

The best tip I have found to improve at arena is to watch arena runs by professional streamers. The best one is Trump, who has tons of arena runs on YouTube. He goes through the entire draft and every game and explains all his reasoning. Simply pause the video when he is about to make a pick during the draft, or a play during a game, think about what you would pick or do, then compare it to what Trump ends up picking or doing. You'll learn a lot doing this.

I have to say, I think the Warrior sucks. Was using it to try and get a quest done and was losing about 2 out of 3 with it, and usually badly. Just seems to be no real get out of jail cards with it.

I have to say, I think the Warrior sucks. Was using it to try and get a quest done and was losing about 2 out of 3 with it, and usually badly. Just seems to be no real get out of jail cards with it.

Disagree. Warrior is my favorite class personally. I used an enrage aggro deck to grind up to rank 12 from 25 and hardly lost any games with it. Control warrior still does really well at 10 up to legend also as far as I'm aware. I haven't been keeping up with Hearthstone meta the last month or so, got burnt out on it. Brawl can be a get out of jail card but it's random. That card that give you 5 armor and a card draw (name escapes me at the moment) and Shield Bash is damn good for big removal. Yeah it's not like Mage where you have two free board clears in the deck so you have to plan better and not let yourself get in a position where you need them.

As for rogues, miracle rogue is amazingly annoying to play against, it's just so hard to pull off properly. But when they do pull it off against me it makes me want to flip my desk over.

God damn Shield Bash. I make it a priority to get a warrior's armor down so they don't get a free hit with it.

Warrior and Rogue were my least favorite classes at first - just didn't get 'em. Then I discovered spell power worked really well with rogue and looked up a few things to get a decent warrior synergy going. I really like them both now. Shaman is still my go-to, but I kind of like seeing warrior/rogue in my dailies. Oooooh and the weapons :) HULK SMASH!

What feels even better is top-decking an ooze when your opponent pulls that out.

Actually, I don't mind spending health when smashing face with a weapon, but somehow I am more leary with a warlock. I still spend it like mad, but I don't feel as good about it for some reason.

What feels even better is top-decking an ooze when your opponent pulls that out.

This makes Garrosh cry.

Still 7 mana for 7 damage though, could be worse. Unless you don't use it on the turn you play it. Now that stings.

Why would you not use the weapon on the turn you play it? That's just silly.

(yes, I can see mana reasons - play one thing now, another next turn - but to me one of the main benefits of a weapon is SURPRISE! I'm all about changing the math)

Why would you not use the weapon on the turn you play it? That's just silly.

(yes, I can see mana reasons - play one thing now, another next turn - but to me one of the main benefits of a weapon is SURPRISE! I'm all about changing the math)

You might be in a situation where you have 7 mana and nothing else in your hand worth playing (or nothing in your hand at all) and your enemy has nothing on the board. You want to play the gorehowl now so you can play whatever you draw next turn (or maybe you have a strong 8 drop in your hand) but you don't want to waste it just swinging at the face. If you think it's unlikely that your opponent has an ooze or a Harrison Jones based on the type of deck they're running (the latter being far less likely, as far as I know no one runs him really) it can be worth it.

If the risk pays off it's great for mana efficiency, if it doesn't you cry yourself to sleep. Same reason you might play a Fiery War Axe turn 2 when your opponent has an empty board. Almost guaranteed clear for whatever he plays, so he might not want to play anything at all.

Damn I hate bad luck and bad decisions. Have to rant.

Was down to 10 vs. Paladin, I've got 5 on the board after clearing off his guys (2 with remaining moves) and he's got one 1 strength knight, 26 health, no cards (I had 5, mostly spells) and one secret. Instead of killing his last guy with my Stormwind Champion I use a 2 strength Yeti and hit his hero with the Stormwind Champion. His secret triggers, and I'm hit for the same damage, 6. Ok, that sucks but he needs to get the right card to do me 4.

He gets a Hammer of Wrath, does 3 damage. Ok, I survived, what are the odds he got another card from it that will hit me? Of course he gets a Fiery war axe, and I'm dead. And I could have wiped all 20 of his remaining health in one turn. That HURT. Ok, I stuffed up since the weaker character should have triggered the secret, but to then get those two cards in a row? Bloody hell.

How did a paladin draw a Fiery War Axe? O.o

Hmm, good point. I only saw it for a moment since I was busy cursing as soon as I saw him equip a weapon with the card he got from the Hammer of Wrath he just drew. Knew what was about to happen.

Checked, think it was Light's Justice. Which actually sucks worse since if I'd had just one more health I would have survived. :(

I think in the current meta the pre-eminent warrior deck is the control warrior which requires a lot of Legendaries. Kind of sucks but oh well.

Currently having quite a bit of fun running a Druid token/FoN/Savage Roar deck in constructed. Mainly used to only play arena as I favored it for the skill required to both pick and play a deck. Not going to lie though, getting off crazy constructed combos is always incredibly fun :-)

Sadly tho the reason I turned to constructed is that I am getting incredibly bored, and constructed will wear out even sooner for me as the repetitiveness is rampant. This game is in dire need of fresh material, and imo the 30 or so cards they are planning to release won't really do it. Never been into Magic but I have a friend who's been filling me in. Is it true that they add about 150-200 new cards every 3 months? I ask because that sounds outrageous but then again I don't know too much about magic.

Archived