ASOIAF Guessing Game XI - Favorite Historical Character - FINAL ROUND

Arya kiddin'

I am worried. Truly.

However unless anyone lives in [insert AK's hometown here] and can go check on him, then we are at a standstill.

I say we start the next game in a new thread and just keep an eye out for the end of this one.

AK COME BACK!

p.s. if something ever happens to me, I'll have my daughter log in and tell y'all.

I am worried. Truly.

However unless anyone lives in [insert AK's hometown here]

that would be New Delhi, India. He's had internet problems before at home, but he usually checks in from work, so this is more than a little concerning.

AK...come back to me! I bought us a love machine!

edith: I tried to PM him, but his mailbox is full.

Please be OK and busy with work or some :love: interest!

I am worried. Truly.

However unless anyone lives in [insert AK's hometown here] and can go check on him, then we are at a standstill.

I say we start the next game in a new thread and just keep an eye out for the end of this one.

AK COME BACK!

p.s. if something ever happens to me, I'll have my daughter log in and tell y'all.

Oh, the immediate excitement every time I see somebody posted something on this thread...

But I also think we may start the next game (if we can agree what will it be).

I like couples, but I have an idea for a later game, which is People most likely to sit the Iron Throne in the remaining books. Except I think I'd expand it to include the consorts of Kings and Queens, like Margaery. I realise it would be hard to come up with 20, but there are degrees of unlikelihood.

Hi everyone. I'm very sorry for the delay. I won;t bore you guys with what happened, only that I was physically (literally) unable to come here. (Ok, I was in the hospital, rant starts, I'll bore you after all). This has been a terrible terrible year from the start. I never used to fall ill, and since the year has started I've fallen sick more number of times than the last five years combined. :( I was rushed to the hospital last friday. And after the discharge my parents have been taking care of me.

I have been terrible at hosting this game, and you all have endured me being late so many times that apologizing again seems flat. But apologies again. I'm back in the forum games and glad to be here again. Many thanks for waiting this long. :)

:grouphug:

Results on the way

Votes are being frozen

Can the character already have been among the other 24 named characters?

if not then Dreamsongs #1 has to have been: Domeric Bolton! :commie:

same guess for #1: Dunk

Dreamsong's #1: I don't know...i think Kungsmurfen knwos her better, so Domeric :P

My #1: Dunk, still...

YAY, bonus round! :commie:

OK, for the first place: Dunk the Tall

For Dreamsongs' first: I will gamble on Ser Criston Cole, the Kingmaker.

Let's hope TC will gamble on somebody else, so I can have some very-very tiny chance to overtook her :rolleyes:

I don't know what is wrong with you people. Lyanna is number one.

*sigh*

1. Dunk

Editing in the bonus guess of DreamySong's

And since the amount of clue I have about this is none, I am going to go with...

Azor Ahai Probably mentioned in the first book.

Domeric is a tool*.

Shiera Seastar

Lyanna needs to be someone else's first besides mine and Evermind's.

*Actually Domeric isn't a tool. Roose is a tool for not murdering Ramsay in his sleep for killing Domeric.

Dunk the Lunk

I agree, I had her at #1 in the list I've sent, but in order to get more points I had to guess her as #2.

My list stays unchanged (which means if I'm right, I should get 9 points for this one)

1. Dunk

For the extra guess: Dunk

1. Dunk the Lunk!

1.Dunk

Dreamsongs: Changing to Dunk

1. Dunk

Dreamsong's .. 1. Criston Cole :dunno:

1. dunk

ds; dunk

Staying with this line-up.

And my pick for Bex's #1 is also Dunk the Lunk. (is that an acceptable choice?)

Dunk for both guesses

TBD

I'm really stumped on the bonus question, and I feel like I know Bex fairly well. I'm going to have to echo K.Gendry

#1 Dunk

bonus: Dunk

Dunk on both.

I don't think it's really been discussed yet. Any suggestions?

Final Results

#1 Favorite Historical Character:

Lord Commander Ser Duncan the Tall

Ser Duncan was a knight who rose to fame in the Ashford tourney during the reign of King Daeron II Targaryen, when he challenged a Prince abusing a puppeteer girl and was made to appear for a trial of the seven for his offenses. He proved his virtue by winning the trial, as the Hand of the King, Prince Baelor fought on his side judging him innocent. After that he took Prince Aegon as squire, who became King Aegon V in time and raised him to Lord Commander of Kingsguard. He lost his life with the King in the Summerhall tragedy.

#1 Dramsong's favorite

Lord Commander Ser Criston Cole, the Kingmaker

Ser Criston Cole was Lord Commander of Kingsguard during the reign of King Viserys. He conspired with the Hightowers to rob the Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen of the Iron Thone, what incited the Dance of The Dragons. He was raised to be the Hand of the King during war itself, but died in the Riverlands when his army was ambushed by the River lords and the Northmen supporting Princess Rhaenyra.

Thus the list stands completed, Ser Duncan the Tall is the most loved historic character in the game (and no surorises there honestly). You can hardly read the DnE novellas and not totally like him and his 'clout in the ear' :lol: Bex's favorite is Ser Criston Cole, that sweet lady has eccentric tastes but I'm not complaining. :lol:

Winner -------************--------********** drum roll ...................

Bori Wins!!

Congratulations :cheers:

Turinqui Calima had been on top since first round, and Bori had gained momentum throughout the game. Only in the last round (and thanks to the bonus round) did Bori manage to win. *throws confetti around*

Congratulations to Turinqui for her constantly good performance and our first runner up. Kungsmurfen and Evermind tied for the second runner up. :cheers:

Special mentions: Honeyed Chicken gets Brandon stark loyalty award for this game, for sticking to that one guess for so long. :D

1. Bori - 73

2. Turinqui Calima - 70

3. Evermind - 62

3. Kungsmurfen - 62

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. LadyQ - 60

6. The Wolf Lord's Daughter - 57

7. Castellan - 56

8. DarkGeomancer - 47

8. lil' ghost - 47

10. King Gendry - 46

11. Jon's Queen Consort - 45

12. Ramsay Blow - 43

13. Dreamsongs - 38

14. Emmit - 35

15. Honeyed Chicken - 26

16. therealbando - 15

17. Adara - 10

18. BaleTheGuard - 7

Special mentions: Honeyed Chicken gets Brandon stark loyalty award for this game, for sticking to that one guess for so long. :D

Pity Brandon's dead. :lol:

I'm fine with the third place. Thanks for hosting and get well!

So glad you are OK, AK.

Others have already said it, but you are more important than the game.

Congrats Bori on the win. And it looks like I came in last of all the people who stuck with the game all the way through. Therefore I get a special prize. The Can't Guess Worth a Damn prize.

Archived