Another Trailer Hits Youtube

Westeros

Everyone is aware that the Arya line in the trailer is spoken by Jaime, not Ramsay right (listen, trailer editing has caught a few here on this already)? I think it's clearly Jaime talking to Brienne in the "Oathkeeper" episode basically telling her that there's not really anything she can do about finding Arya but that she can go after Sansa (which she then answers "I'll find her"). They can't give away the fact that Sansa is missing in the trailer so it's edited to look like Brienne is saying she'll find Arya for Jaime.

Whether FArya ends up being on the show or not, that part of the trailer isn't addressing it.

Ramsay's line in the trailer is about Bran and Rickon since he knows they're still alive.

Of course. I think Farya will be introduced in episode 8 [and then seen again in 10 when they marry, doubt it though] and we might get a side note that a person died in WF hinting at the Abel murders.

Of course. I think Farya will be introduced in episode 8 [and then seen again in 10 when they marry, doubt it though] and we might get a side note that a person died in WF hinting at the Abel murders.

No one new has been cast to be put into that role in S4 and there is absolutely no indication that the Boltons get to Winterfell in S4 either.

No one new has been cast to be put into that role in S4 and there is absolutely no indication that the Boltons get to Winterfell in S4 either.

Well they wouldn't write it on the net, would they ? They can't tell all major storylines and climax moments before the show even comes out. Would be like the makers of Br Ba saying before s4 came out that they had to use head prosthetics for Gustavo.

Geeze, all they have to do is get some poor girl who looks like Arya and sell her as real Arya. Nothing complicated about this.

Yeah, cuz that's all they did in the books. It was a long con perpetrated by the Lannisters back when Ned was first captured. It involves being able to fool everyone in the North that it's a legitimate Stark girl based on her knowledge of Winterfell and her similarity in looks to Arya. There is also her connection to Theon to provide him with an anchor to Winterfell and remind him of his betrayal which plays into his redmeption arc.

The show has done exactly zero to set this up or reference it and we're going to be past the point in S4 when she should been seen by the audience, discussed by multiple characters and the plot set in motion. This is clearly not happening and we've now got people speculating that one of Ramsay's perpetrators is going to slot into the role even though that makes no sense whatsoever.

Jeyne Poole hasn't been cast, no actress has been cast. The characters aren't talking about it. I'm leaning towards them not bothering with it because it isn't necessary. They're going to get everyone to Winterfell under another pretense and the rest of the plot points will be written around.

Also, Yara is going to the Dreadfort on a determined mission to rescue Theon this season. The only character on the show that Theon has ever been set up as caring about is his sister and their relationship has been significantly enhanced on the show going back to S2. Theon needs to rescue a girl from Ramsay and run away from Winterfell into Stannis' army. Yara also needs to be captured by Stannis. I'll let everyone else connect the dots if they want.

Well they wouldn't write it on the net, would they ? They can't tell all major storylines and climax moments before the show even comes out. Would be like the makers of Br Ba saying before s4 came out that they had to use head prosthetics for Gustavo.

They don't hide casting information. We know everyone that is any way significant who has been cast for this season and there is no girl in that mix.

Either they go with Fayra or they don't...making her Jeyne doesn't super matter (Theon just needs to recognize her as not-Ayra), and they could probably move the plot along either way. Hearing about her casting or not probably isn't the best indication.

Either they go with Fayra or they don't...making her Jeyne doesn't super matter (Theon just needs to recognize her as not-Ayra), and they could probably move the plot along either way. Hearing about her casting or not probably isn't the best indication.

At this point, if she appears, it will have to be in S5 which would more or less require them to drop her from a helicopter into Winterfell.

Isn't the whole point of FArya that the Lannisters have been stating publicly all along that they've had her captured in King's Landing (the show even maintains this even though many principal characters are aware that she's not there)? Then she's publicly presented to the Boltons for the marriage.

This isn't going to happen on the show, it's too late. Roose and his army (which Jeyne Poole travels with in the books) will be through Moat Cailin by the end of S4. Tywin will be dead by the end of the season and not there to facilitate the exchange.

Roose has already been "awarded" Winterfell by the Lannisters (revealed in the S3 finale) so some kind of marriage pact to seal the Winterfell ownership for Ramsay is unnecessary.

They've skipped the plot, I think it's pretty obvious by this point.

ramsay needs to marry a girl and pretend that she is arya so that he can claim winterfell. the problem with yara is she is too strong a personality to broken by ramsay. she just dosent seem the type no matter what type of sick things ramsay would do to her.

ramsay needs to marry a girl and pretend that she is arya so that he can claim winterfell. the problem with yara is she is too strong a personality to broken by ramsay. she just dosent seem the type no matter what type of sick things ramsay would do to her.

As I stated, on the show this isn't necessary. Roose has already been awarded Winterfell by the Crown (he and Walder talk about in the S3 finale). Ramsay can be legitimized in other ways beside marriage (Kings are free to legitimize bastards whenever they want, see Stannis and Jon Snow).

And Yara can be tough as she wants, if she's captured, she still needs someone to free her (enter Theon).

As I stated, on the show this isn't necessary. Roose has already been awarded Winterfell by the Crown (he and Walder talk about in the S3 finale). Ramsay can be legitimized in other ways beside marriage (Kings are free to legitimize bastards whenever they want, see Stannis and Jon Snow).

And Yara can be tough as she wants, if she's captured, she still needs someone to free her (enter Theon).

Ramsay's marriage has nothing to do with legitimization but to have the North acceptance because he's marrying a Stark, although the new House in charge is Bolton.

No no no no NO! If they make Yara into Fake Arya, I would be very pissed. As someone pointed out on this site, the significance of Theon saving Jeyne is showing that since Theon was already below human, a broken man, he was not going to let somebody else suffer the same fate (Jeyne). So even if he was deathly afraid of Ramsay punishing him he still pushed through and helped Jeyne escape because he wanted her a better future. That's what the viewers should be getting from that scene once it appears on screen. He really didn't need to save her, but he did. This is the start to his redemption, not some Brother-Sister recognition.

If it was Yara that needed saving, the reaction would not be "Wow, Theon is so selfless" since it is expected of a siblings to help each other but instead "Haha Yara! Who's tougher now? Theon finally proved himself to his sister!"

Ramsay's marriage has nothing to do with legitimization but to have the North acceptance because he's marrying a Stark, although the new House in charge is Bolton.

You can accomplish this through fear and power along with alliance with the Crown. I realize the books said that this was an important element but the show doesn't have to adhere to that. It's completely reasonable that the Boltons could rule the North with the Starks all presumed dead or missing. Who exactly in the North has the ability to challenge the Boltons/Freys and Lannisters?

And this whole reasoning in the books is stupid anyways because it's made pretty clear that the whole thing is a farce and done more for ceremonial purposes than to legitimately fool anyone. I mean half the Northmen came there to cause shit and try and take out the Frey's and Boltons so it's not like they were fooled at all.

Archived