GOODKIND VIII: It's Not Terrorism If We Do It!

Werthead

whelp;

KAH, a couple of things:

- trying to cause Armageddon should not be attempted at home

If I was home I would not have tried it, of course. Seeing as I was at work, Armageddon seemed all the more appealing.

- if you attempt using the mantra above, you need to say it backwards (well-known occult principle, as all TRES-members know)

Is that backwards letter-wise or word-wise?

You know, the idea of Queen Richard reminded me suddenly on Life of Brian - who knows, maybe Richard has the right to be a queen, and his being a man is just a minor setback (a queen that is not a queen-kind of thing).

I need to learn how to use my paintshop program. I was trying unsuccessfully to stick TG's (BBNC) head on queen Victoria's body, but it just wasn't working out. I'm no good at those artsy programs. If somebody can do it and give us a good idea of what queen Richard would look like, that would really be appreciated.

Damn you people, damn you to Hades. I actually caught myself googling the Yearded Almighty's sacred name this morning – having read all new posts for today. Thank gods these are vacation times, so it’s pretty quiet here at the office.

Anyway, I found an interview from 1995 – as far as I could tell (using the Search function) this has not been posted before. I’ve quoted some of the highlights:

http://www.sff.net/people/Lynn.Flewelling/Goodkind.html

A small sign taped to author Terry Goodkind's computer declares, "Be Relentless". Another one nearby warns "Expect No Mercy." Whether the latter is a message to himself or others is unclear; it's probably both.

Our interview began with a guided tour of their spacious, superinsulated home which Goodkind, an artist, former cabinet maker, and experienced craftsman, designed and built. Custom features include a handsome oak-paneled library, a coffin-shaped door with inset lighting ("I got tired of making rectangular doors"), and what is probably the world's only all-Corian kitchen.

He attributes the success of his work in part to the fact that he writes from a strong moral center and a sense of outrage against modern injustice.

Goodkind is currently visualizing himself as the number one fantasy author in America. Given his history to date, it doesn't seem such a far-fetched goal.

If I was home I would not have tried it, of course. Seeing as I was at work, Armageddon seemed all the more appealing.

Ok, fair enough.

Btw, check Good Omens, I think I misquoted it :(

Is that backwards letter-wise or word-wise?

To be sure, letter-wise :D

I was trying unsuccessfully to stick TG's (BBNC) head on queen Victoria's body, but it just wasn't working out.

MM, I will send you my therapist's bills. That's an image I did not want to see :sick:

I need to learn how to use my paintshop program. I was trying unsuccessfully to stick TG's (BBNC) head on queen Victoria's body, but it just wasn't working out. I'm no good at those artsy programs. If somebody can do it and give us a good idea of what queen Richard would look like, that would really be appreciated.

Moose, Moose...

Careful what you wish, you may regret it, careful what you wish, you just might get it!

Oh, those were the days my friends. It was 1995, Lynn Flewelling was learning her trade as a novelist, Terry Goodkind wrote Fantasy and he wanted to be the number one fantasy writer in America, something that Flewelling considered possible.

Then, in 1996, an obscure writer called George R.R. Martin published A Game of Thrones.

I understand that after that Terry Goodkind, hopes dashed by cruel fate, would abandon the genre and never write fantasy again.

In one thing Terry Goodkind surpasses George R.R. Martin by far. Goodkind would have never needed to pay workers to refit his house, he would have build in with his own hands. In Terry Goodkind the old spirit of the pioneers that made America still lives (sharing the room with the old spirit of Ayn Rand and certain other old spirits that maybe he shouldn't have stirred).

Yeah, but think how much later ADwD would be if GRRM was busy rebuilding his house instead of writing it! Doesn't bear thinking about. Hurrah for collectivism and getting other people to help you with stuff!

But ADWD would have already been published if George R.R. Martin wrote like Terry Goodkind. Then he could devote his own efforts to build his own house and he even would have had time to finish a statue or two and start a revolution.

Just imagine the parties in las Vegas.

Been trying to get my head round the Ayn Rand quote. I can kind of see where she's coming from - growing up means learning how to compromise and get along with other people, and sometimes you won't be able to get your own way... most of us see this as maturity, but Ayn sees it as a betrayal of her soul... is anyone else getting a picture of Objectivists all going "I want it! Now! Me me me! You're not the boss of me! I won't tidy my bedroom! If I give up my seat to that old lady I'm betraying my soul! MY toys! Gimme!"?

Basic biological fact - humans are a social species. Nobody brought down a mammoth/built Rome/invented the internet by being an individualist. Objectivists need to grow the fuck up.

is anyone else getting a picture of Objectivists all going "I want it! Now! Me me me! You're not the boss of me! I won't tidy my bedroom! If I give up my seat to that old lady I'm betraying my soul! MY toys! Gimme!"?

Why does this remind me of Cersei Lannister? It sounds a lot like her.

And hey, we're nearing the 400th mark.

Hmmm...what, we lasted about two or three days?

GK IX: Hide your Children

GK IX: Think of the Children

GK IX:Still hacking and slashing, but wearing a dress!

Instant Moral Celery?

I like this: GK IX: Making sure you get your daily dose of Moral Celery

Goodkind IX: Be relentless and expect no mercy

(Reap the crops of Moral Celery)

From the interview I posted earlier:

A small sign taped to author Terry Goodkind's computer declares, "Be Relentless". Another one nearby warns "Expect No Mercy." Whether the latter is a message to himself or others is unclear; it's probably both..

Archived