Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

^^ I was fairly certain they were going to end episode 8 with the Trial by Combat, but maybe they'll end it with the wildlings recuperating after their business in Moles Town before setting their eyes on the Wall. I'd prefer they end after the Trial though, with a close up of Tyrion's 'I am so totally screwed' face when Oberyn bites the dust :crying: RIP Oberyn

^I'm sure episode eight will end with the trial by combat. It will be packed with important shit though and action. I think we'll see the Hound wounded and Arya abandoning him there too. But there's no better potential ending than "crunch".

Episode 8 will most likely include: reek at moat cailin jorahs banishment Briennes confrontation with Rorge and bitter wildling burning of molestown arya leaving the hound to die and the duel between the mountain and the viper. should be a great episode.

Eight, nine and ten are going to take names. I'm looking forward to them and dreading them simultaneously. It's not just the conflict between wanting to see the episodes and not wanting the season to be over, its the wanting to live vicariously through the Unsullied versus having to see characters you love die conflict. An age-old one for this show.

I strongly believe that between episodes 8-9 we will see the resurrection of Cat/stone heart. and the last episode we see her hanging some Freys.

I think that Tywin needs to go first, to make the point that despite all his plotting she has outlasted him (sort of)

It would help to emphasise his downfall after his plot to kill his son has gone so very wrong as well.

Having said that, he doesn't seem quite so keen on offing Tyrion in the show as he was in the books, so that part could be entirely Cercei led.

The best place for the LS reveal would be the last scene in ep 10, hanging some Freys, with perhaps Tywin and / or Arya nad the Hound hearing some reports of the brotherhood being run by a woman now shortly before Tywin picks Shae up for some jiggy time.

since there is no chain of the hand in the show, I think Shae will get it with that big Brooch pin through the heart.

I think that Tywin needs to go first, to make the point that despite all his plotting she has outlasted him (sort of)

It would help to emphasise his downfall after his plot to kill his son has gone so very wrong as well.

Having said that, he doesn't seem quite so keen on offing Tyrion in the show as he was in the books, so that part could be entirely Cercei led.

The best place for the LS reveal would be the last scene in ep 10, hanging some Freys, with perhaps Tywin and / or Arya nad the Hound hearing some reports of the brotherhood being run by a woman now shortly before Tywin picks Shae up for some jiggy time.

since there is no chain of the hand in the show, I think Shae will get it with that big Brooch pin through the heart.

^There is that golden necklace Tyrion wanted to give her in a previous episode. Maybe she'll wear it after all.

^me too! And I think they will. There can't be a better ending than Oberyn/Tyrion dead-man-walking.

As an aside, I wonder if they'll need to make that explicit somehow in the show. In the books, we got a line like : "why talk to a dead man?" as the KG are leading him to the Black Cells. On tv we obviously don't have internal monologue....do you think it'll be clear enough that Tyrion is (gonna) die, as is? Or will Cersei get in a snarky line?

Hopefully Unsullied think his will be the big death of ep. 9! :rofl:

Maybe in ep. 9, Gilly escapes from Moles Town, and is the one to forewarn the NW that the Wildlings are attacking from the south? That'd be a cool cold open, though it'll never happen :(

I am so anxious about the last three episodes of this season- I hope they are able to pull off all the big scenes, especially the Mountain vs the Viper (which might be hard to show in as epic a way on screen)

Although, seeing D&D's track record and the fact that Alex Graves and Neil Marshall are responsible for them, I'm 90% sure they will. I really hope that the pacing of Episodes 8 & 10 is not too quick though- some people might be overwhelmed by all the crucial scenes, making some of them hold less value than they otherwise would (I hope this doesn't happen).

Maybe in ep. 9, Gilly escapes from Moles Town, and is the one to forewarn the NW that the Wildlings are attacking from the south? That'd be a cool cold open, though it'll never happen :(

Maybe not episode 9, it could be after the attack on episode 8, but she's a wildling, she knows how to survive north of the Wall, if there is one person able to make it to CB frome Mole's Town, even with her son, it'd be Gilly and it wouldnt surprise me if she's the one to warn the Watch.

I really hope that the pacing of Episodes 8 & 10 is not too quick though- some people might be overwhelmed by all the crucial scenes, making some of them hold less value than they otherwise would (I hope this doesn't happen).

Perhaps some viewers will be overwhelmed at the first viewing, but GoT is made to be watch several times and with a lot of attention, so in the end, I wouldnt mind about the overwhelming effect.

Perhaps some viewers will be overwhelmed at the first viewing, but GoT is made to be watch several times and with a lot of attention, so in the end, I wouldnt mind about the overwhelming effect.

Hope so. It is 65 minutes, so I do think that they can fit all the epic events into The Children and still have it feel well paced. After all, Alex Graves did call it the "episode to end all episodes".

Are they going to try and compress feast and dance into one season? I was hoping since they got the two season renewal it would be for those two books. Then 7 for winds and 8 for dream....I guess it all depends if they want it to last 7 instead of 8 seasons. Man the end of this season is going to be amazing

Same. Tywin's death going first would have greater impact and implication of the shows momentum moving forward

^ Agreed. I can see the final twenty or so minutes of the season finale playing out like this:

- Dany chains up her dragons.

- Jaime visits Tyrion in his cell, frees him, and tells him the truth about Tysha.

- Tyrion stops at the Tower of the Hand, murders Shae and Tywin.

- Sansa has her moment reflecting on her family and Winterfell, and Littlefinger kisses her.

- "Only Cat."

- Introduction of Lady Stoneheart.

Whatever they decide to end the season with for Jon, Arya getting on the ship headed towards Braavos, and Bran meeting Bloodraven should all happen earlier in the episode (in addition to anything else that will occur in the finale).

^^ More and more I find myself agreeing that Only Cat will be in 'Mockingbird' and not the finale. I initially wanted it in the finale, but there will already be so many OMG moments that they're gonna have to balance it out. I agree with the rest of your assessment though

^ It's possible, but I don't know... Detailing that Lysa killed Jon Arryn gives that important revelation time to breath, which it wouldn't necessarily have had in the finale, so I can understand moving that bit of information up.

But, in terms of the story line in the Vale, we've still got a few new characters that need to be introduced there. We know that Lady Waynwood has been cast, as well as Lord "Bronze" Yohn Royce, so I'm expecting that episode seven will see those two introduced, and the politics of the Vale will be expounded upon (including some attention paid to Alayne). Sending Lysa on her flight might also happen in Mockingbird, but I still think it's going to happen in the finale.

^^ I'd prefer it happen in the finale just so we can save Sansa some substantial book material for season 5. This is all going so fast, and with the way they crunch down on some story arcs, the Lords of the Vale situation probably won't occupy the whole next season. I see more WoW material spoilers headed our way.

Also, Lysa's crazy self is fun. Though her scenes make me cringe, Dickie is good at Lysa and I enjoy her screen time, wish she would have more scenes

I for one think it obvious that "Mockingbird" Vale's story arc will be dedicated to the introduction of the Lords Declarants of the Vale. It could give two or three great scenes there during the episode, justifying the title.

I feel confident we will have "Only Cat" in the finale.

In regards to episode eight, what storylines do we expect to see in it?

I expect:

Lots of King's Landing

Arya and the Hound (I expect a lot of this in the episode)

Theon and Ramsay (Moat Cailin beginning)

Danaerys

Jon preparations for the epic Episode 9

Archived