Divergent - biggest disappointment since Daario.

LadyoftheNorth72

Allegiant just might be the worst book I've ever read, starting from page one. But I got through it, because what the hell, I already read the previous books, wasting time on another 300 pages wouldn't kill me.

+1

After I read the first book, I thought it was ok so I recommended it to a friend. When I finished Allegiant, I apologized and convinced her to just read the wiki rather than waste time on that mess.

I've not read any of the books of the Divergent universe, nor Hunger Games, definitely not the Twilight ones.

So just going on the movies, I was slightly more entertained with Divergent than I was with The Hunger Games which bored me to tears, and I refuse to watch any of the Twilight movies. Still I'd rank Divergent as pretty mediocre and forgettable.

I'm one of those people who've read all these books. I'd rank The Hunger Games trilogy much higher than Twilight and the Divergent series. This is how I would do it:

Hunger Games

Divergent series

Any tabloid

Twilight saga

the novelised Iron Man

Atleast with the Hunger Games, each of the books built upon each other.

While I felt Insurgent continued Divergent's story. Allegiant took pretty much just hit the self-destruct button with it. There was no plot throughout the entire book and the characters just jumped from one thing to another without rhyme or reason. How they are going to do that book into two movies, I don't know. It might be better to just disregard the novel and create something

Atleast with the Hunger Games, each of the books built upon each other.

While I felt Insurgent continued Divergent's story. Allegiant took pretty much just hit the self-destruct button with it. There was no plot throughout the entire book and the characters just jumped from one thing to another without rhyme or reason. How they are going to do that book into two movies, I don't know. It might be better to just disregard the novel and create something

Allegiant is weird. IMO it wasn't that it jumped from topic to topic, it was more like Roth kept stalling, adding in anything to keep from getting into the end. I think that she knew where she wanted to end it, so she changed how she was writing and then seemed to get lost in it. Along the way, she changed the setting, the characters, and left giant holes in the story. I think Roth knew Tris and Chicago very well, but had trouble w/ Four, and couldn't make her mind about many of the other characters or what was outside of Chicago.

Archived