The mystery you want solved the most

The Iron Banker

Azor Ahai/Prince that was promised. I have my own crackpot theory which I am absolutely, 100% convinced about.

Until I am proven wrong. In which case I will retreat under my rock and feast on humble pie.

Do share. I love crackpots. They are the only ones that may be true.

OK. Its convoluted....

First, I think Azor Ahai and the Prince that was promised shares the same origin. They have just come down from different routes.

It relies heavily on R+L=J and ties into the whole 3 heads of the dragon thing.

The radical bit - I don't think its one person, but 3.

1. Dany. She walked out of the fire with the dragons. 1st head of the dragon

2. Jon. R+L = J. I think that Jon is going to be reborn - possibly via Ghost, possibly by Mellisandre sacrificing Shireen, possibly a combination of both. I think crazy Mrs Baratheon will hand over Shireen in the mistaken belief that Stannis is dead, because of Jon's letter. Shireen had greycale - stone? Jon is a Targ - Dragon? Dragon from stone...And remember only death can pay for life...

3. Jaime. This relies on A+J = C + J. Yes, I am a fan! He is off to meet Lady Stoneheart with Brienne. I think there will be a trial by combat, which Brienne knows that she would win, but she sacrifices herself for Jamie, thus remaining true to her vow to LS and her feelings for him. She is his Nissa Nissa. Jamie will then kill LS. Lady Stoneheart - stone? Jamie is a Targ. Dragon from stone?

Also the 3 Targs that are the 3 heads of the dragon.

I will have heaps of custard with my humble pie please!

Crackpot? Crackpot? Have you seen a crackpot? This is a nice theory, although if Brienne dies and doesn't marry Jaime and have obscene number of kids my heart will break, but GRRM is a cruel man indeed.

Crackpot? Crackpot? Have you seen a crackpot? This is a nice theory, although if Brienne dies and doesn't marry Jaime and have obscene number of kids my heart will break, but GRRM is a cruel man indeed.

Thank you!!!

You are right. Both Jaime and Briennes' long term prognosis is not good I fear. Did the original AA live a long and productive life after the first battle?

p.s. as a total aside, love the profile name. Am a total Modesty Blaise fan (books, not the cartoon strip so much!)

Thank you!!!

You are right. Both Jaime and Briennes' long term prognosis is not good I fear. Did the original AA live a long and productive life after the first battle?

p.s. as a total aside, love the profile name. Am a total Modesty Blaise fan (books, not the cartoon strip so much!)

Evidently, so am I. :-)

That reminds me of that character in Lost, can't remember his name (something Spanish) who was still quite big months after the crash. They found a terrible explanation for that later on. Him having found cereals and stuff in a secret stach.

Hugo stayed fat, but I think by the time Sam "gets moving" he starts slimming down

1. What's the real connection between the Starks, the Wall, the Watch, the Others and the Boltons?

2. Did Rhaegar change his mind about who would be the PTWP before he died?

3. What happened at Hardhome, and did it have anything to do with Valyria and/or the Doom?

4. Why did the Valyrians really choose not to invade Westeros? And why did Aegon choose to invade when he did?

5. What do the Azor Ahai myth, the Last Hero myth and the PTWP myth have in common, if anything?

6. How did Bloodraven get from the Wall to the tree?

7. What is it about Harrenhal? Is there some reason why it features so prominently?

8. What made Brandon Snow think he could kill dragons with weirwood arrows?

Off the top of my head. Leaving out open questions that aren't actually open.

Why the F is magic creeping back into the world? The dragons, the white walkers, the Red Priest/Priestess powers, Warg powers awakening in the Starks, Beric Dondarrion's extra lives, Children of the Forest... is all of this somehow tied to the reappearance of the white walkers? Can you not have magic without wintery, soulless murderers on the loose?

The mystery of the pink letter.

Where did Brynden Tully escape to?

Where is Howland Reed and why didn't he come to Winterfell?

Most of all, Where the hell is Ben Stark?

Archived