Nitpick With Impunity: Goat Edition

That works for Stannis but not the other way around. If Stannis wins, OK, he will pay off his own loan plus everything that Robert, Joffrey, and Tommen incurred. If the Lannisters win though, are they going to want to payoff the loans that Stannis incurred trying to overthrow them? That seems like it would an unreasonable request even from the Iron Bank.

Are you referring to the books or the show? If you're talking about the books, they approached Stannis because he was the only king willing to pay and who was still in the game. If you're talking about the show we basically agree since it doesn't make any sense either way.

The letter from Ramsay that he sent to Balon Greyjoy was burnt by Balon in the fire of his hall after he read it.. yet Yara was reading from it here?

Sure, she had copies made by Sir Speedy, whose fax she used ( the weirnet was down & she was away from the Castle) to let her crew know to get the friggin ships ready to teleport to rescue Theon

Sir Speedys sigil is 4 bars over @

Btw. @Sour Robin. Your recap of the last episode was great. Did you do one for this show

Oh, to keep on topic, I find it disturbing that Ramsay has a female playmate on the show. In the books, he did not seem capable of this kind of relationship

This felt like the first time Dany hasn't been whitewashed. Her naive black and white viewpoint of justice was seriously flawed and she was called on it. My thought is this is just going to continue and get piled on her, and thats why Drogon killing a child (if he even did it, which is up in the air) will happen and take her down further.

Dreadfort scene is my only nitpick and maybe not for the reasons other have. I am fine if they wanted to change Yara's storyline. Have her captured early, or have a small adventure with Theon before losing him, or whatever. THIS makes no sense though if all this getting her to the north was for her to give up this quickly and go back to Pyke. THAT is pointless in my mind. Rather have the Moot without her then for her to go back and just be "back on track"

Varys is probably presenting Dany as a serious threat to the council in order to gauge the new council (first meeting of Tommen's reign!) and the new council members. Tywin, Cersei, and Pycelle are known quantities to him at this point, of course, but he really owes it to himself to get a read on what Oberyn and Mace are going to be like as council members as soon as possible.

Now he knows. Oberyn knows his shit when it comes to Essos (but he's possibly Targ-sympathetic, which is rather new for Varys when it comes to other council members). And Mace is just gonna get the coffee for whoever else is actually in charge :) so he's on Varys' "keeper" list of schmucks who'll keep this nation nice and soft and ripe for invasion.

Yeah. Varys is sort of wondering if Oberyn's got his hand in the Targ cookie jar. Varys is weighing Oberyn and how useful he could be for the upcoming invasion tactic. I dont think at this point, Varys has any idea that Oberyn would wind up squished like a fruit. So hes wondering how to use that to his advantage but also letting Oberyn know that theres shit flying elsewhere. I liked the discussion between the two. Sets up for Aegon, and kinda makes viewers hope that these two conspire together and stuff. Varys is probably thinking of using Aegon as a key to securing Oberyn's loyalty to that cause. "Your sister's son did not die..."

What Is Burnt May Never Fry, But Rises Again Cooler and With Less Ash.

lel!

Yeah, the more Salla, the better to be honest.

Also its Cersei being stupid. Tywin takes note of it but tries to pass it off as not much. (probably to not have the council freak out.) Oberyn's jimmies were rustled by those reports and Varys' findings on Dany's resources.

They should have used "one ship carrying the fookin' legend of Gin Alley" before the BROWN PANTS punchline. That's my Saan nitpick.

The whole Ironborn plot seemed a bit random and pointless in the end. I'm guessing they won't just head back home, although Yara/Asha giving up on Theon so easily after travelling halfway across the continent to save him seemed weird. She knew in advance he'd been tortured. Did she expect him to be the same arrogant boy he'd been before or something?

Btw. @Sour Robin. Your recap of the last episode was great. Did you do one for this show

Oh, to keep on topic, I find it disturbing that Ramsay has a female playmate on the show. In the books, he did not seem capable of this kind of relationship

Yes but I usually do them right after the HBO broadcast of the episode, which means I'm posting in that thread at the same time that EVERYONE ELSE is posting their initial reactions in that thread, so it quickly gets buried ten pages back as the thread balloons from 14 pages to 20. You can always click on my name and Search Users Posts to browse my content. It's fine, I like having my fragile ego massaged :)

As for Ramsay's playmate... first, minor nitpick: I don't like her being named Myranda because that most likely means Myranda Royce Will Not Exist In The Show. And I like her.

second: you don't really think Ramsay's capable of this sort of relationship for long, do you? Remember how the other Dreadette ended up. Ramsay is A Big Kid, throwing away his old toys when he gets a new toy, like Sweetrobin only a whole fuck of a lot worse because, well, duh. There will be a love triangle again, and Myranda will be the old toy that time, and the odd one out when jealousy rears its ugly head again.

And Ramsay has totally done this several times before and poor Myranda thinks she's special when she's really just the latest in line. "If they'll cheat WITH you, they'll cheat ON you too" as the old saying goes.

Poor Myranda. :( Her time as Queen Dreadette is going to come to a close. Ill be sad. Im really warming up to her.

Yeah but he may have to stick with her because how often do you find a sadistic psycho chick? Oh nevermind.

Harumph. <.<

well there are alot of people who believe that actually Myrannda was killed by ramsay last night, but it was cut from the epiosde. It would explain the blood on his chest when he enters the kennels, plus in the very first trailer myrannda slaps ramsay yet we did not see that last night so some of the scene was cut. Plus it doesnt feel out of charcter, because myrannda is also pychotic and enjoys sadism. she is not the normal girI so I could see him keeping around a girl that shares his sadist mindset. Ramsay gravitates to those that enjoy the things he does. ie being a pycho and a sadist.

well there are alot of people who believe that actually Myrannda was killed by ramsay last night, but it was cut from the epiosde. It would explain the blood on his chest when he enters the kennels, plus in the very first trailer myrannda slaps ramsay yet we did not see that last night so some of the scene was cut. Plus it doesnt feel out of charcter, because myrannda is also pychotic and enjoys sadism. she is not the normal girI so I could see him keeping around a girl that shares his sadist mindset. Ramsay gravitates to those that enjoy the things he does. ie being a pycho and a sadist.

I assumed that blood was from guys he mangled before getting to Asha. /shrug

we know that there was more to the ramsay and myrannda sex scene sense in the first trailer we see her slap him, and we did not see that last night, only time will tell on if she was killed but that was cut. Intersting last nights epsiode clocked in at 49 minutes, two short of what it was supose to be 51 minutes. some are speculating that they cut out myranda being killed due to the sept controversy.

we know that there was more to the ramsay and myrannda sex scene sense in the first trailer we see her slap him, and we did not see that last night, only time will tell on if she was killed but that was cut. Intersting last nights epsiode clocked in at 49 minutes, two short of what it was supose to be 51 minutes. some are speculating that they cut out myranda being killed due to the sept controversy.

^its likely. If Myranda wound up murdered, they could just have her not appear anymore and result in a quiet What Happened To The Mouse situation.

Archived