Better Queen Margaery or Daenery's?

Fireandblood94

Margaery: Smart, cunning and loved by common folk and nobles alike.

Daenerys: Idiot, but HAZ DRAGONZ! (maybe in GRRM world she would be actually better queen, because it seems she is the only person who can get away with really bad decision)

How can we claim Shireen would or wouldnt be a better Queen than both when we have seen her do pretty much nothing related to politics or ruling? :dunno: It seems like baseless speculation to me

Margaery takes the crown IMO. It seems like she had a good education in regards to ruling unlike Dany who had Viserys. And look how great that turned out. Given time Dany might become better through experience, but given time and opportunity so would Margaery

Yup, Shireen will beat them all... to the grave. ;)

(funny :devil:)

So sad, but true...

-Margaery clearly makes a pretty little queen consort, and is able to manipulate her 8 year old husband, but Dany was also able occasionally affect the decisions of her adult savage warrior husband.

-Margaery's PR campaign has been succesful and the smallfolk like her, but we don't know how big part she plays in designing her PR, and how much is decided by Olenna or other Tyrells. Dany is popular too, after she flies away on a dragon 'her children' are still convinced that 'their mother' is going to come back to them and her dothraki rides out to look for her. That's some loyalty. I say they are equal in this.

-Dany has proved herself a good inspiring leader and has done succesful conquests. We don't know if Margaery posseses these skills.

-Dany has struggled as a ruler, but we don't know would Margaery have any skills in ruling either.

Overall I'd say Dany. We really know next to nothing of Margaery's skills beyond that she can be charming when needed. We know Dany can assume the position of a leader and be inspiring. If Dany wants to be a queen regnant she should realize she needs help with the ruling though, and should get herself a competent small council instead of doing everything alone.

:agree:

Margaery is a Queen Consort. Mace is Protector of the Realm, as were Kevan and Tywin before him, meaning he holds authority. Margaery's job is basically to do what she's been doing, be the king's wife and be a smiling face that makes the king look good.

Daenerys is a Queen Regnant, meaning she is a ruler in her own right. She has to rule over all her lands and keep everything in order. Plus she's an aspiring conqueror. Her job is to wield authority where as Margaery's job in government is basically PR,

So it's really hard to have a basis of comparison for the two.

This! Dany is a boss don't need no man

I'd say Margaery, because she's lived in Westeros all her life, is well-loved, and seems to understand politics. I think she'd listen to counsel, but she also seems quite subtle and smart in her own way.

Daenerys seems a little too headstrong and impatient, and I would never peg someone who hasn't set foot in a country as the ideal ruler of said country. However, the main reason why I don't think Daenerys should be queen of Westeros is because she seems to have simply 'taken over' from her brother in her desire to become queen, and feels like it's something she should do. I see her as queen of Slaver's Bay; she has a real purpose, she's beginning to understand the way it works, and she conquered the place because of her own personal beliefs, not some inherited obligation.

Archived