Game: Guess Tyrion's Line [Book Spoilers]

Bridgeburners

LOL, no it wasn't, Tysha was a part of the equation, but Tywin sentencing Tyrion to death was enough. Even if Jaime hadn't said anything about Tysha in the books, Tyrion would have killed Tywin if he got the chance. The endless humiliation, the cruelties, the betrayals, Tywin was a goner the minute Jaime opened Tyrion's cell.

Agreed. Strange that so many don't get this.

So I have a interesting recent development/update. A couple of my unsullied friends are asking about tyrions first wife, they don't recall the name but it's interesting that they at least remembered. They could've really included the tysha storyline.

Tyrion's motivation for killing his father was compromised badly. He killed him because he sentenced him to death? He sentenced himself to death when he chose trial by combat rather than take his fathers offer. Sure, he has a lifetime worth of grudge against Tywin, but he's missing the catalyst to kill him.

One might say, "Seeing Shae in the bed was what pushed him over the edge!"

My response would be, "Then why the hell did Tyrion go to his fathers bedroom anyway? To let him know he was escaping, and bid him a tearful goodbye?"

My response would be, "Then why the hell did Tyrion go to his fathers bedroom anyway? To let him know he was escaping, and bid him a tearful goodbye?"

It was sort of insane for Tyrion to go up there unarmed. He's impulsive and a little self destructive.

There was absolutely NO reason for the brothers to fight each other and not get seperated in good terms.

What would be better maybe, is if somehow Jaime told him and Tyrion forgave him, or even thanked him for now knowing for sure that his love wasn't a lie.

I like these changes very much.

Me too. They kept catching themselves having loving thoughts about each other. Jaime was conflicted about Tywin and Tyrion' best friend is Jaime who did act understandably.

Tyrion's motivation for killing his father was compromised badly. He killed him because he sentenced him to death? He sentenced himself to death when he chose trial by combat rather than take his fathers offer. Sure, he has a lifetime worth of grudge against Tywin, but he's missing the catalyst to kill him.

One might say, "Seeing Shae in the bed was what pushed him over the edge!"

I agree. He was more 'hurt' by Shae's 'betrayal'. A woman he loved, than by the sentence of a father that had always hated him. A death sentence was nothing out of the blue from his father lol. The same father that put in the van of his army in the Riverlands to DIE!!

Eliminating Tysha did remove/whitewash the anger Tyrion felt and the motivation for his actions. As you say, he did not go to his father's bedroom to have a chat with Tywin. Only there did he see Shay. Poor writing, but that is the difference between great writing GRRM and poor writing D&D.

Archived