Game: Guess Tyrion's Line [Book Spoilers]

Bridgeburners

What's with all the previous mentions about Jaime giving Varys gold? Did he do that? I only seem to remember that Jaime waited in Varys chamber for him and put a knife to his throat and Varys, of course, makes jokes about being pricked, haha, and abhorring the sight of his own blood. Did Jaime give him gold, too, I could see that, and if such a thing happened, I'm surprised I'm not remembering it, LOL

Myself, I think the only chance for a line about Tywin not shitting gold, this season, will be as an aside to Varys. If not, I'm sure it'll turn up next season, well, almost sure. I find it interesting that it seems as if GRRM is the only one who has written such dialogue into the show so far.

On the show, Jaime is pretty much done with Cersei at this point anyways. Does he really need any kind of "sleeping around" accusation from Tyrion seeing as that's been heavily implied in the Jaime/Cersei interactions so far?

Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the whole thing.

As of now he is. Whatever Tyrion does say to Jaime I have a feeling it will conflict heavily with the fact that their father is also dead and Jaime and Cercei may need to comfort each other.

What's with all the previous mentions about Jaime giving Varys gold? Did he do that? I only seem to remember that Jaime waited in Varys chamber for him and put a knife to his throat and Varys, of course, makes jokes about being pricked, haha, and abhorring the sight of his own blood. Did Jaime give him gold, too, I could see that, and if such a thing happened, I'm surprised I'm not remembering it, LOL

Myself, I think the only chance for a line about Tywin not shitting gold, this season, will be as an aside to Varys. If not, I'm sure it'll turn up next season, well, almost sure. I find it interesting that it seems as if GRRM is the only one who has written such dialogue into the show so far.

I also don't remember that. Jaime put a knife to Varys throat and said him that if Tyrion dies he dies to. This is from the first Jaime chapter in book 4. It would be cool to see the scene in episode 10 but I doubt there is enough time to show it.

I also don't remember that. Jaime put a knife to Varys throat and said him that if Tyrion dies he dies to. This is from the first Jaime chapter in book 4. It would be cool to see the scene in episode 10 but I doubt there is enough time to show it.

Right, I started leafing through my ASOS and then realized, no, Jaime is remembering in AFFC how everything with Varys went down. I think I'd remember Jaime tossing Varys gold........after the pricking, LOL Still, I'm going to check that out eventually.

I hope they don't show it because it telegraphs Jaime saving Tyrion. There should be some suspense in Tyrions fate.

"She's been fucking Lancel and Meryn Trant* and probably the rest of the kingsguard for all I know!"

*everyone who watches the show know who Meryn Trant is! (thanks to the Hound)

rereading Tyrion meeting Tywin, I can hear Peter Dinklage speaking "you have always been quick to grasp a situation, my lord. That must be why you are the King's Hand"

Yes I can see Tyrion's line about being quick to grasp the situation and being the Hand sticking. Maybe even Tywin saying that Tyrion is not his son, but I don't know if Tyrion saying that he is Tywin 'writ small' will be comprehensible to most unsullied on TV.

I'm sure this has been brought up but is there a more perfect day (in the dark sense) for this episode to air than Father's Day? And I say this as a father of a 3-year-old who will be spending time with him and my own father that day.

Wait... If the trailer shows Jamie sneaking Tyrion out, then what are they going to do with Varys? He's supposed to completely disappear after this episode in order to have his famous come back and allowing Qyburn's entrance AND for worsening Cersei's paranoia of being betrayed by everyone she knows. Seriously, I really don't see how they can pull off this episode, and I have a strong feeling I'm not gonna like it because it contains way too many important game changing events that they have to pull off perfectly...

Well, since she's only had sex with Lancel as far as we know, it could be "She's been fucking Lancel, Kevan's son, and yeah that cousin of ours for all I know"

More seriously, the show has toned down Cersei's sexuality a lot, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd decided to drop it (almost) entirely.

You know what, you're right. I hadn't thought about this before, but now it's bothering me. They really have, and I don't like it.

Let's face it, most of the great lines in the books haven't made it to the show. No only cat, no I dreamed of you, no I only rescue maidens, no reek it rhymes with...

They missed a huge opportunity with this is the season 3 finale. When Ramsay announced "Your name is Reek", they should have had him sneer and finish off with "It rhymes with weak."

Wait... If the trailer shows Jamie sneaking Tyrion out, then what are they going to do with Varys? He's supposed to completely disappear after this episode in order to have his famous come back and allowing Qyburn's entrance AND for worsening Cersei's paranoia of being betrayed by everyone she knows. Seriously, I really don't see how they can pull off this episode, and I have a strong feeling I'm not gonna like it because it contains way too many important game changing events that they have to pull off perfectly...

Jamie gets him out of the cell. Varys takes him to the boat. They're working together.

Archived