Game: Guess Tyrion's Line [Book Spoilers]

Bridgeburners

They could replace Osmund with Meryn and Moon Boy with Pycelle. "She's been fucking Lancel Lannister, Meryn Trant, and even Pycelle for all I know"

As for the dialogue in the privy, it should be completely faithful to the books, or else I won't like it. I'm not a purist either, there's no way you can make that exchange better than how it already is.

They could replace Osmund with Meryn and Moon Boy with Pycelle. "She's been fucking Lancel Lannister, Meryn Trant, and even Pycelle for all I know"

As for the dialogue in the privy, it should be completely faithful to the books, or else I won't like it. I'm not a purist either, there's no way you can make that exchange better than how it already is.

^ :agree: that's what I'd like to see and happen.

How about creating dialogue for He did not, in the end, shit gold.

Should this be done? Does the show warrant such a line, as in, has any emphasis been put on Lord Tywin shitting gold? What do you guys think? Knowing it's likely not the last scene....

Pretty sure in season 1 when Robb captures the spy he lets him go with a message to Tywin that 20k north men are coming to find out if he really does shit gold.

Again, Jaime and Tyrion can have the conversation in the cell or the tunnels this episode which enrages Tyrion even further. Then he goes and kills him. They've mentioned it enough on the show, you don't need to bash everyone over the head with it.

Not to mention that the show has already given Tyrion enough reasons to want to kill Tywin already. And plus there's that whole sudden revelation that he's hypocritically banging Shae which is sort of a big deal for Tyrion.

I am not sure Jamie is going to spring Tyrion. I think it will be Varys on his own initiative 'I forget nothing'.

Jamie has already tried to save Tyrion once at great cost to himself and Tyrion threw it away. I think that was instead of telling Varys to let him escape. GRRM's mechanism was poorly thought out. Much better to have Varys decide to help Tyrion because it is his due as the man who saved the city. It also gives a much cleaner explanation for what is to come.

But to answer the question, Tyrion's line will be the last line of the season and it will be "I said I would kill you if you called her that again".

Oh and BTW, I think we will see further signs that Tyrion considers himself to still be married to Tysha. And Shae's end will have something to do with the promise he made to her that she would have more gold than something or other. I can't find the script but I bet it will mean Tyrion keeps his promise litteraly.

It think it will be in the recap, in order to remind the fans. Tyrion needs this as well to get furious.

Jamie has to tell Tyrion that Tysha wasn't a whore. that will likely happen at the start of the episode. Which is another reason why it makes more sense for Varys to do this on his own rather than being ordered to.

D&D did the same thing with Jon Snow's attempt to assassinate Mance, instead of Jon being ORDERED to go on the suicide mission he chooses to. Much better for Varys to chose to save Tyrion rather than being paid by Jamie. I have no idea why GRRM put that in because it makes no sense. Varys is not going to commit treason for Jamie, he doesn't have that relationship. But they have established a very strong relationship between Varys and Tyrion.

Jamie has to tell Tyrion that Tysha wasn't a whore. that will likely happen at the start of the episode. Which is another reason why it makes more sense for Varys to do this on his own rather than being ordered to.

D&D did the same thing with Jon Snow's attempt to assassinate Mance, instead of Jon being ORDERED to go on the suicide mission he chooses to. Much better for Varys to chose to save Tyrion rather than being paid by Jamie. I have no idea why GRRM put that in because it makes no sense. Varys is not going to commit treason for Jamie, he doesn't have that relationship. But they have established a very strong relationship between Varys and Tyrion.

Do you think Varys only frees Tyrion because Jaime tells him to? Certainly not the impression I got

"Say that word one more time ...

Where did you send her? Where is she?!"

"Wherever whores go"

Boom

"you shot me"

"you always grasp the situation quickly, father. That must be why you are the hand of the king. Be kind now and die quickly. I have a boat to catch. "

"You are no son of mine! "

Quak

Ploooop

Tyrion smiles and speaks out loud.

"Finally you do what i tell you. Oh, it seems that you do not really shit gold. "

Walks away.

You fool! She was fucking Lancel and probably someone else when he was no longer able. It could have been Ser Dontos for all i know.

I thought that Sir Dontos would be a possibility for a mention. he has replaced Moone boy as the lannisters fool in the show. but I think that Pycelle is a better bet, knowing how Tyrion feels about him, and the most likely candidate would be Qyburn. Jaime has already seen them exchanging knowing glances and Cercei said something about Jaime taking too long to come back.

I don't believe that Cercei would, but I can see that Jaime might be able to put 2 & 2 together and make 5 on that one

so my guess would be "You poor fool, she has been fucking Lancel and Qyburn and even Pycelle for all I know"

My question is though...will he strangle her? Ever since season 1, where we first saw that the Hand's chain had become the Hand's pin I wondered how they were going to do that scene. I always found it was fascinating and important that he killed her with the Hand's chain, a symbol of office that had once given him so much power, but which has now spent the last two seasons totally screwing him over. And so I've always thought they'd probably have him stab her with the pin, rather than just have him strangle her with whatever's lying around.

It also seems like a likely alternative seeing the show runners' love of blood and gore :P

anyways...just something I'd wondered about...not really that important, but something I'm excited to see.

I thought that the Pin Of The Hand would be used to stab Shae through the heart like she metaphorically did to Tyrion. Also as a refreshing change they might take the opportunity to show a gratuitous bare breast as the pin goes in. There haven't been many of them this season

I read it as Varys taking the money because he didn't want Jaime to know that he was going to do it anyway, and so that he has something on him. He has always had to spend money to get information as well as selling it, Jaime was happy to pay Varys and give some black mail info. it's win-win for Varys.

Re: Shae's death, if they want to make it more violent Tyrion could just beat her to death with some heavy object (the chain or the the crossbow). I think this could be powerful but there is maybe the problem of it making to much noise.

^I assume he'll just choke her. Or they could bring back Checkhov's Chain from the Bear and the Maiden Fair.

I think she left the room without taking the chain. Maybe it was just a nod to book readers.

Do you think Varys only frees Tyrion because Jaime tells him to? Certainly not the impression I got

Its complicated and unnecessary. And introducing Jamie into it makes him complicit in Tyrion's murder of his father.

Much cleaner if it is all Vary's idea or Varys asks Jamie to help. I thought it a weak point in the book. And having Jamie trying to save Tyrion earlier would make it even weaker unless they make some changes. Having Varys approach Jamie asking if he would still risk his life to save his brother would work better all round.

The way I see it, the series is the Book 2.0, they are making changes but usually for the better. I am not that worried about the loss of coldhands because introducing coldhands and stoneheart in the same season would be a mistake. But I would be very upset if we don't get Stoneheart.

Of course, in the books the introduction of two undead Starks as a result of the Children and R'hllor seems to be intended as something of a clue as to the nature of what is going on.

Archived