Game: Guess Tyrion's Line [Book Spoilers]

Bridgeburners

I wouldn't be surprised if the lines in that video were fake, so as to not give away any important plot details for next season. Jaime needs to go to the Riverlands to save Edmure and Blackfish, if nothing else. They made sure to mention that those two are alive for a reason.

About the moon boy line, I imagine it will just be "she's been fucking anything with a cock while you were gone" or something.

The "did not shit gold line" I could see being in the season 5 premiere, with a drunken Tyrion telling Illyrio his story.

As far as the Riverlands goes, based on the Walder/Roose conversation in S3, it seems like Walder has simply been appointed Lord of Riverrun (kind of like how Roose was apparently awarded Winterfell). They intimate that the Blackfish is simply "escaped" and not back in Riverrun, which basically puts him in the same situation he ends up in the books. There's no mention of Emmon Frey getting Riverrun, only Walder which would indicate he's probably been cut along with Genna Lannister. The Bracken/Blackwood stuff is begging to be cut. This also means that no siege of Riverrun is necessary which would free Jaime up to do something more exciting. They'd have to eventually get him back for his meet up with Brienne but that's definitely doable. I don't really see the issue.

When was the last time Tysha was referenced? How many show watchers even remember the story behind her? They've had the whole season to remind viewers about her but there has been nothing. The only solution is to put it in the re-cap but I don't think they have 5 minutes to spare re-telling that story.

There can also be a conversation between Tyrion and Jaime that occurs in this very episode which repeats the backstory. Then the audience will know. There is no requirement for them to continuously mention something over and over again for 4 seasons in order for it to be relevant. Far better to remind the audience when they need to be reminded.

"Say that word one more time ...

Where did you send her? Where is she?!"

"Wherever whores go"

Boom

"you shot me"

"you always grasp the situation quickly, father. That must be why you are the hand of the king. Be kind now and die quickly. I have a boat to catch. "

"You are no son of mine! "

Quak

Ploooop

Tyrion smiles and speaks out loud.

"Finally you do what i tell you. Oh, it seems that you do not really shit gold. "

Walks away.

You fool! She was fucking Lancel and probably someone else when he was no longer able. It could have been Ser Dontos for all i know.

There can also be a conversation between Tyrion and Jaime that occurs in this very episode which repeats the backstory. Then the audience will know. There is no requirement for them to continuously mention something over and over again for 4 seasons in order for it to be relevant. Far better to remind the audience when they need to be reminded.

It's relevant because it's the whole reason why Tyrion kills Tywin. In the book, the murder was more 'justified' because of how much Tyrion was affected by Tysha over 3 books and how resentful he was of Tywin for the way he dealt with it. In the show, he barely talks about it which makes it insignificant to his character. So when he does kill Tywin over it it's going to look a bit forced considering the audience don't particularly care about Tyrion's first wife because it rarely affects him.

It's relevant because it's the whole reason why Tyrion kills Tywin. In the book, the murder was more 'justified' because of how much Tyrion was affected by Tysha over 3 books and how resentful he was of Tywin for the way he dealt with it. In the show, he barely talks about it which makes it insignificant to his character. So when he does kill Tywin over it it's going to look a bit forced considering the audience don't particularly care about Tyrion's first wife because it rarely affects him.

Again, Jaime and Tyrion can have the conversation in the cell or the tunnels this episode which enrages Tyrion even further. Then he goes and kills him. They've mentioned it enough on the show, you don't need to bash everyone over the head with it.

Not to mention that the show has already given Tyrion enough reasons to want to kill Tywin already. And plus there's that whole sudden revelation that he's hypocritically banging Shae which is sort of a big deal for Tyrion.

Again, Jaime and Tyrion can have the conversation in the cell or the tunnels this episode which enrages Tyrion even further. Then he goes and kills him. They've mentioned it enough on the show, you don't need to bash everyone over the head with it.

Not to mention that the show has already given Tyrion enough reasons to want to kill Tywin already. And plus there's that whole sudden revelation that he's hypocritically banging Shae which is sort of a big deal for Tyrion.

Because the show never does that

I don't think that Jaime and Tyrion will have that discussion in the cell. Wasn't there a moment in the 15 minute preview where Tyrion and Jaime run together in the black cells corridor? If he does tell him, it will be when they meet Varys and have to part ways.

I do think that it will be brought up, though. Tyrion has to kill his father, there is no escaping that, and they're going to give the little man as many motives as possible to commit murder.

My question is though...will he strangle her? Ever since season 1, where we first saw that the Hand's chain had become the Hand's pin I wondered how they were going to do that scene. I always found it was fascinating and important that he killed her with the Hand's chain, a symbol of office that had once given him so much power, but which has now spent the last two seasons totally screwing him over. And so I've always thought they'd probably have him stab her with the pin, rather than just have him strangle her with whatever's lying around.

It also seems like a likely alternative seeing the show runners' love of blood and gore :P

anyways...just something I'd wondered about...not really that important, but something I'm excited to see.

My question is though...will he strangle her? Ever since season 1, where we first saw that the Hand's chain had become the Hand's pin I wondered how they were going to do that scene. I always found it was fascinating and important that he killed her with the Hand's chain, a symbol of office that had once given him so much power, but which has now spent the last two seasons totally screwing him over. And so I've always thought they'd probably have him stab her with the pin, rather than just have him strangle her with whatever's lying around.

It also seems like a likely alternative seeing the show runners' love of blood and gore :P

anyways...just something I'd wondered about...not really that important, but something I'm excited to see.

And yet again, some GoT fans will blame GRRM for something he didn't do. I wonder when some of the fans will realize that D&D are the true "monsters" as they like to call GRRM

And yet again, some GoT fans will blame GRRM for something he didn't do. I wonder when some of the fans will realize that D&D are the true "monsters" as they like to call GRRM

Not sure where there's a lot of distinction between strangling someone to death and stabbing them but whatever you think is more humane I suppose.

Yeah, that's one of the details in the books that GRRM's use of POVs means he doesn't have to explain, but which I have a hard time making much sense of. That Tywin liked hookers makes perfect sense to me, but why he'd decide to make use of his despised son's ex-lover gets into some really weird psychological territory that really seems like it needs more explanation.

or Book Shae being an actual whore , seduced Tywin.

Archived