Lets crank up the exitement, compare Drogo vs Robert as men

Lord Damian

I do not give the Dothraki a "pass" on their culture as "they do not know any better so we should not judge them too harshly". Believe it or not, it is amazing how many people feel that way in reading the books and the same in our modern word we live in. Crazy, huh? To some yes, others, it is "not their fault". Drogo was everything a Khal should be, a great killer, undoubtably he raped many many women and girls in his life and burned many huts and villages to the ground, captured slaves and stole treasures. We could also say, we cannot blame him for it as he was born into that culture and never knew much different. If we or Robert had been born into the Dothraki, would we turn out any different?

We should answer this question probably as this, Who would you rather see approaching you if you are a peasant farmer anywhere in Westeros or Essos. Robert with 20-30 bodyguards or Drogo with 20-30 bloodriders? Ask the same question if you are married and have a couple of kids or more and atleast one of them is a daughter 12 years or older? I says Robert anyday.

Well, if you put it like this... But that kind of ruin all the fun. You know comparing their lover skills and stuff like that...

We should answer this question probably as this, Who would you rather see approaching you if you are a peasant farmer anywhere in Westeros or Essos. Robert with 20-30 bodyguards or Drogo with 20-30 bloodriders? Ask the same question if you are married and have a couple of kids or more and atleast one of them is a daughter 12 years or older? I says Robert anyday.

If you're going to compare them like this I'm going to assume this is wartime for Robert too. Are you asking who I would rather be raided and killed by? Their aim is pretty much the same now and I don't see one as better than the other.

What particular nuances did Drogo exhibit? To put it frankly, there's not nearly as much for Robert to learn as Drogo. How do you prevent infighting? Kick the shit out of the people infighting. Robert is clearly a proficient warrior. I doubt he's going to have much problem or issue with cracking skulls and telling people what to do.

Him not being a great rider is an actual valid point, but he's clearly a competent rider. He can joust and fight on horseback. He doesn't give a shit about tournament jousting and loves the melee, but we know that you start on horseback in melees. The odds of him being rejected because of his riding skill are basically nil.

Competent isn't enough. The Dothraki would expect their leader to be top tier. But more importantly when someone goes to challenge him he'd either try to put on armor and be extremely shamed by the Dothraki or he'd try to fight without armor at which point he'd most likely lose to most the top tier Dothraki warriors..

Before Dany appears on Drogo's horizon?

Robert - Bugger this.

Drogo - It is known.

Robert - Where's the nearest pub?

Drogo - It is known.

Robert - Oi! Kingslayer! Tell the f***ing Dothraki, Tywin's paying the first round.

At the pub, they'd arm-wrestle, ending in stalemate. They just get blotto and fall about laughing.

Vyseriousness would fall for Jaime. Jaime would fall about laughing, because Cersei's walking up behind Vyseriousmess.... (she's just read The Scottish Play, btw.)

Where's Dany? Trying to run away from Tyrion, who's captivated by her short height and likeness to Cersei with silver hair.

In this alternative reality, Theon and Ramsay have a double act. Knife-throwing. Along comes Arya, and throws a double. She'd still be badass, with Needle as well. Valar Mogwai? Valar....Morocco? Valar Morghulis!

Afterwards, in a reveal.... Arya takes off her face. Sansa claps her hands.

The Kindly Man takes off his face. Jeyne claps her hands.

Meanwhile, back at the pub..... Robert's trading jokes with Drogo, still drinking each other under the table. Someone suggests they settle whatever dispute they had with a one-man-band contest. As neither can play a sodding note....Nobody wins, apart from the bar tender, who's called Littlefinger. It's from how he measures the drinks he serves. The more you drink, the shorter his finger gets, the more you drink as a result.

Competent isn't enough. The Dothraki would expect their leader to be top tier. But more importantly when someone goes to challenge him he'd either try to put on armor and be extremely shamed by the Dothraki or he'd try to fight without armor at which point he'd most likely lose to most the top tier Dothraki warriors..

If you're going to right more fan fiction, let GRRM know

I am not saying wartime, let us suggest that the respected monarchs are out on a ride with their "buddies".

Another question to ask would be this, What if Robert had wed a "Dany" or another girl who was "faithful" to him and submissive, the way Dany always was for Drogo? Would Robert have turned out different? What if Drogo married a Cersie or another woman like her? Her throat probably would have been slit real fast or throne into the camp for the Blood riders to have their fun with her.

Yeah that's a complete botch on my part, though it is somewhat hilarious that you had to edit your own post. I will leave mine intact, mostly because I'm too lazy to care.

Glad we agree on the fan fiction though.

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sizzle. You need some ice for that burn?

might as well get the last comment in then. :P

Robert is fake. Completely fake.

Drogo is what he is, and knows it.

in a general sense, they're both complete shit. no need to argue which one smells less

I'd love to hear a bit of expansion on why Robert is fake. I think I can see where you are going, but I'd like to see it fleshed out.

I actually admire a lot about Robert Baratheon. Drogo on the other hand, I find it hard to see what someone would admire in this character. He's powerful, but just as human as anyone else.

Robert on the other hand was capable of some pretty insane heroics. It's like someone who is good on paper (Drogo), vs someone who is good in the ring (Robert)

You could say Drogo never lost a battle, and Robert lost battles for 18 years, but I think that shows Robert had character more than anything.

I actually admire a lot about Robert Baratheon. Drogo on the other hand, I find it hard to see what someone would admire in this character. He's powerful, but just as human as anyone else.

Robert on the other hand was capable of some pretty insane heroics. It's like someone who is good on paper (Drogo), vs someone who is good in the ring (Robert)

You could say Drogo never lost a battle, and Robert lost battles for 18 years, but I think that shows Robert had character more than anything.

I think that's a bit harsh. Drogo was more than just good on paper. You don't get the largest Khalasar without cracking a few skulls.

Archived