The Wrong Targ Queen

We have no way of knowing how Dany would have turned out in a scenario where her father isn´t a madman, she´s raised as a princess and married to some noble lord. She is the result of an abusive brother, a marriage to a warlord, assassination attempts etc.

Don´t think she´d be good queen Alysanne. She´d be forgettable queen/princess Daenerys. Would she sympathize with the smallfolk if she hadn´t known war at first hand but been sheltered in a castle? Would she understand begging, starving, and other hardships?

But she isn´t that kind of a woman now. Who knows, maybe Alysanne would have excelled at conquering. We know she was capable of riding a dragon, forcing the north to give up lord´s first night and probably changed the Night´s watch as well.

And if your aunt had a dick he'd be your uncle. But Alysanne was Alysanne, and Dany is Dany, and Dany would be an awful queen. I'm sorry that Alysanne had resources that Dany didn't, but ... tough shit?

She'd be your uncle, it's she'd be your uncle. Don't waste jokes, you don't have many and the ones you got you really can't afford to misfire on. Hey at least you attempted humor, that's sort of good. Just try not to smile to quickly I wouldn't want to sprain something.

Dany's trying to be Rhaenys or Visenya to re-conquer Westeros, but she doesn't fit the role. She doesn't really like all that military stuff. She's much better suited to being Good Queen Alysanne, working for the overall good of the Realm in a peacetime situation. Her timing is crappy.

The reverse, really. She's not actually a warrior (unlike those two), but she does have some flair for command.

How is abolishing 1st night, and aiding the Night's Watch not helping the realm?

When she and her husband chose Baelon over Rhaenys they created a mess that resulted in the death of thousands of people. NW was there thousands years before the Targs and they had managed to take care of themselves. The only good think she did was the First Night typically,since no matter what the law would say the Lords could still practised it an no on would know it.

SSM

GOOD QUEEN ALYSANNE

Alysanne was the queen, consort, and sister of King Jaehaerys I, the Old King, and like him she lived a long life. Since you pictured him as an old man at the end of his reign, I figure it would be most appropriate to do her the same way, rather than as the young woman she was when Jaehaerys first ascended the Iron Throne.

You might consider Alysanne as the Eleanor of Aquitaine of Westeros, and model her on Katherine Hepburn's portrayal of Eleanor in the film THE LION IS WINTER. Tall and straight, unbowed by time, she had high cheekbones, clear blue eyes. Age left crow's feet around her eyes and laugh lines about her mouth, but her face never lost its strength. She was a fine archer and hunter in her youth, and loved to fly atop her dragon to all the distant parts of the realm. Alysanne was slim of waist and small of breast, with a long neck, a fair complexion, a high forehead. In old age her hair turned white as snow. She wore it in a bun, pulled back and pinned behind her hear.

Her relationship with King Jaehaerys was always very close. She was his most trusted counselor and his right hand, and often wore a slimmer, more feminine version of his crown at court. Beloved by the common people of Westeros, she loved them in return, and was renowned for her charities.

Since the reign of the Old King was a success, Good Queen Alysane had a large part in this result as his right hand and most trusted counselor.

The only good think she did was the First Night typically,since no matter what the law would say the Lords could still practised it an no on would know it.

And that would fall on the Starks to uphold the laws, they were the wardens of the north. Anyway, give credit were credit is due. No Stark abolished 1st night in the 8000 years they were kings of the winter,

And that would fall on the Starks to uphold the laws, they were the wardens of the north. Anyway, give credit were credit is due. No Stark abolished 1st night in the 8000 years they were kings of the winter,

And? Did I ever mentioned the Starks? No. So what is your point of metioned them? To provoke an argument?

When she and her husband chose Baelon over Rhaenys they created a mess that resulted in the death of thousands of people.

How do you attribute Dance of Dragons to this choice? I think Viserys I and the Greens are guilty of the bloodshed.

How do you attribute Dance of Dragons to this choice? I think Viserys I and the Greens are guilty of the bloodshed.

If Rhaenys had been crowned the Queen then there wouldn't be a war. If the Counsil had given Rhaenys the crown then the Westerosi history of Targaryen succession wouldn't had a man a brother over a daughter, then not only the Dance but many other wars would had been averted.

And? Did I ever mentioned the Starks? No. So what is your point of metioned them? To provoke an argument?

Not trying to argue, just discuss. I brought up the Starks because it's a valid point that a Targaryen accomplished something that no Stark ever did in thousands of years. It proves that all the Starks weren't super honorable sweethearts like many claim, and that not all Targaryens were evil madmen like Aerys II. Things are not that black and white.

Not trying to argue, just discuss. I brought up the Starks because it's a valid point that a Targaryen accomplished something that no Stark ever did in thousands of years. It proves that all the Starks weren't super honorable sweethearts like many claim, and that not all Targaryens were evil madmen like Aerys II. Things are not that black and white.

I do not think that the Starks were all honorable or sugar and spice and everything nice, they were cold, hard men but they must have done something correct in order their dynasty to be alive 8000 years history. However I don't see what it has to do with Alysanne? Because of the First night? Something which Alysanne made illegal but she had no way of making sure that anyone would not continue practising it.

I do not think that the Starks were all honorable or sugar and spice and everything nice, they were cold, hard men but they must have done something correct in order their dynasty to be alive 8000 years history. However I don't see what it has to do with Alysanne? Because of the First night? Something which Alysanne made illegal but she had no way of making sure that anyone would not continue practising it.

I don't understand your point in bold? She outlawed the practice, what more could she have done? How are any laws enforced? You make something illegal, and punish those who don't obey.

I don't understand your point in bold? She outlawed the practice, what more could she have done? How are any laws enforced? You make something illegal, and punish those who don't obey.

She outlawed it typically and that was all. We know nothing more. Does this mean that she actually changed anything? No.She gets way to much love for doing almost nothing since only the Paramounts could actually do something about it, the same moment she and her husband have created destruction and thousands of death.

She outlawed it typically and that was all. We know nothing more. Does this mean that she actually changed anything? No.She gets way to much love for doing almost nothing since only the Paramounts could actually do something about it, the same moment she and her husband have created destruction and thousands of death.

I give up. You are blinded by your Targaryen hatred. Paper Waver provided an SSM from the author himself speaking of her greatness. I don't know what else you need?.

I give up. You are blinded by your Targaryen hatred. Paper Waver provided an SSM from the author himself speaking of her greatness. I don't know what else you need?.

Yes he said that Jaehaerys' reign was a successful one, no one denies that. But what he did cause chaos after his death. I don't know how I could be more clear. Now if you don't want to see their mistakes and close your eyes and ears to the consequences of their actions that is not my problem or my mistake.

Archived