Dothraki: The most Villainous Culture?

Mal Malenkirk

The average essosi is a cartoon, so not much to go on there.

Cleon is a perfect example that the slaves are just as bad as the slavers.

The slave people are the most villainous because they aren't good at anything. Dothraki are at least good at horse riding and horse archery. The idea that most of the slave people are good is mythical. Such a character doesn't exist in the books. The slave people are all uniformly evil.

Wait, are you saying actual slaves are bad? Really?

They forge, make wine and have a proper social structure. The same can be said far more true about dothraki, their culture unlike Ghiscari, push them to be a ass to everyone because of a weird anyone without a horse is less then them racist belief.

I'm not trying to defend the dothraki... That's laughable. The Dothraki are a fictional group (who in my opinion, albeit an unliked one...are very cool.) Since you mentioned it...I don't recall one act of rape towards a Dothraki woman. Some cultures aren't as uptight about sex as yours must be.

You can't judge another culture through the lens of what you think is acceptable culturally...and that's exactly what you're doing.

Fighting over the right to "fuck" a woman is bad but giving your 15 year old to some old man she doesn't know to marry for political reasons and be a brood-mare for is o.k. Gotcha! How romantic.

I'm not trying to change your mind, this is the internet. I know it's not possible.

When people start making comparisons to the Dothraki and real historical Tribes/Nomads and talking as if they have one iota of a clue as to understanding a culture they are far too WHITEBREAD to understand. It's bigoted, ignorant and I will defend those cultures with my last breath.

You wanna talk about genocide? About forcing a culture to assimilate to what you deem "civilized" ??? We did that in America. Shame on you and anyone else who cannot or will not acknowledge that historical FACT. America did that... Sending Tribal children to white schools and changing their names and cutting their hair off and treating them no less than chattel.

This is why there are millions of American Indian people who must accept this and must swallow the fact that they have no name no culture no history because some smarmy uptight pilgrim thought it better for them. It wasn't.

For someone to call the Sioux "savages" harkens back to Jim Crow and it just amazes me that in this day and age people are still that ignorant.

Educate yourself on Indian removals, Jim Crow laws, The Guion-miller rolls ( a super special ploy the government used to try and roust out any Indians who may have stayed in the Appalachians)

Do you ever hear ANYONE but someone descended from Native Americans speak of their own Blood percentage?????

Would you ever ask an African American what percent African they are? No, you wouldn't.

A Cherokee must prove "blood percentage" for somthing they have known all their lives. ( I.e. Half, quarter, one-sixteenth ) In my mothers day it was still just halfbreed....

Ignorance is no accuse for blatant bigotry.

I actually don't offend easily but this topic offends me absolutely. Half the folks on these boards sound like they need a I.V. drip....STAT. Hot is the blood that runs in my veins. Thank you kindly.

I don't know what the genocide of the native Americans has to do with the evilness of the Dothraki. It's like saying that Sauron isn't that bad because Hitler did worse stuff...

The Dothraki prey on one another. We have read how they attack other kalashars, exterminate the men as sell the women and children as sex slaves. They probably rape their Dothraki captives too (they are going to sell them as sex slaves to be raped by other men, anyway...).

And about people being too "whitebread" and "uptight about sex" because they reject rape and sex-motivated murder...well, I guess there are cultures that consider those perfectly acceptable, but my own culture says that those are bad things, and I think people who do that are bad. Sorry about that.

And about people being too "whitebread" and "uptight about sex" because they reject rape and sex-motivated murder...well, I guess there are cultures that consider those perfectly acceptable, but my own culture says that those are bad things, and I think people who do that are bad. Sorry about that.

You're another one of those liberal bigots trying to destroy traditional marriage. For thousands of years people have been getting married the way their God instructed, and now the politically correct are trying to stop us from capturing wives from the neighboring tribes. What's next, I suppose we're going to be told that killing subhumans is murder instead of God's justice.

Archived