The Game of Thrones Episode Elimination Game.

Frey Pies

Same thing with me and Blackwater...scenes I just couldn't stomach ruin everything. That's why I hate that episode with Pod in the brothel...so pointless, so pointless. I don't even remember the episode name for that one.

:commie: The Watchers on the Wall

:cheers: for Watchers. The episode you are looking for is Walk of Punishment (I didn't mind that scene though).

The best scenes in Fire and Blood are Dany's and Sansa's; and Cat and Robb dealing with their grief (season 1 was the only time show did Robb's character well). The hatching of the dragons was a perfectly executed scene and a really powerful end to the season, which they haven't matched since.

What's so great about Watchers? It may be a good battle episode with some moving scenes (particularly Jon and Ygritte), but it feels unfinished and without resolution, and 90% of it is action, action, action. If the Wall scenes from The Children (which were the best part of the finale) were included in it, it would have been an amazing episode, the best if the season and one of the best in the show... but they were not.

It's inferior to Blackwater - which integrated the battle with real character development for everyone, focused on the non-fighters as well (the women in the Keep, Cersei and Sansa) and had a strong ending - in every aspect other than budget and the scale of action it allows. Someone called Watchers "Blackwater's louder, rowdier and dumber brother. "

I like Blackwater quite a bit actually- it's probably my 6th favourite. It's just that some of the ones I like worse (Baelor, F&B) have too many votes for my downvotes to have any effect until the 25 vote cap. The only big nitpick I had with Blackwater was the scene between The Hound and Bronn- that interaction felt a little awkward and unnecessary to me.

I disagree that it's better than Watchers though, especially in terms of character development. Sam was probably developed more in that one episode than he has over all 4 seasons. Mopey Sam gave way to strong, courageous, risk-taking Sam who tried to help in whatever ways that he could. Sir Allister also received some pretty great character development, and I actually ended up going from hating him to rooting for him within the first 20 minutes of the episodes! I feel that Watchers did more with way less in this aspect.

Watchers also had a real emotional impact on me that was missing during Blackwater. Since I'd read the books, I knew that there was no danger for anyone during the battle, so nothing on the screen affected me too much, except for Tyrion's awesome speech. In Watchers, there were some quite emotional moments, like Ygritte's and Pyp's death, and especially the stand-off between Grenn and co. and the giant (one of my favourite scenes overall).

Now I know that Watchers is mainly remembered for its action scenes, but I felt the quieter ones were of a very high quality here too. Maester Aemon's monologue was pitch-perfect, in my opinion. Thorne and Jon's conversation, Thorne's speech, Pyp's worry- all of it was very well done.

Finally (sorry for going on for too long here), I felt that the ending was perfect for the episode. Having it end with the Stannis stuff would have made the episode almost identical to Blackwater, while also taking the focus away from the Night's Watch and giving it all to Stannis. I loved the fade-to-white ending :)

Heal Blackwater

Hurt The Mountain and the Viper

Hurt BW

Heal Watchers

9. Baelor 36

10. Fire and Blood 47

19. Blackwater 21

24. And Now His Watch Is Ended 31

29. The Rains of Castamere 23+

38. The Mountain and the Viper 12 -

39. The Watchers on the Wall 30

Reek's vote included here.

:cheers: for Watchers. The episode you are looking for is Walk of Punishment (I didn't mind that scene though).

I like Blackwater quite a bit actually- it's probably my 6th favourite. It's just that some of the ones I like worse (Baelor, F& B) have too many votes for my downvotes to have any effect until the 25 vote cap. The only big nitpick I had with Blackwater was the scene between The Hound and Bronn- that interaction felt a little awkward and unnecessary to me.

I disagree that it's better than Watchers though, especially in terms of character development. Sam was probably developed more in that one episode than he has over all 4 seasons. Mopey Sam gave way to strong, courageous, risk-taking Sam who tried to help in whatever ways that he could. Sir Allister also received some pretty great character development, and I actually ended up going from hating him to rooting for him within the first 20 minutes of the episodes! I feel that Watchers did more with way less in this aspect.

Watchers also had a real emotional impact on me that was missing during Blackwater. Since I'd read the books, I knew that there was no danger for anyone during the battle, so nothing on the screen affected me too much, except for Tyrion's awesome speech. In Watchers, there were some quite emotional moments, like Ygritte's and Pyp's death, and especially the stand-off between Grenn and co. and the giant (one of my favourite scenes overall).

Now I know that Watchers is mainly remembered for its action scenes, but I felt the quieter ones were of a very high quality here too. Maester Aemon's monologue was pitch-perfect, in my opinion. Thorne and Jon's conversation, Thorne's speech, Pyp's worry- all of it was very well done.

Finally (sorry for going on for too long here), I felt that the ending was perfect for the episode. Having it end with the Stannis stuff would have made the episode almost identical to Blackwater, while also taking the focus away from the Night's Watch and giving it all to Stannis. I loved the fade-to-white ending :)

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Gosh I hated that bolded scene. in a random brothel. with random naked people...just saying

Hurt the Mountain and the Viper

Heal Baelor

Heal Blackwater

Hurt The Mountain

Heal The Mountain and the Viper

Hurt Blackwater

Heal Blackwater

Heal Baelor

9. Baelor 37 +

10. Fire and Blood 47

19. Blackwater 22 +

29. The Rains of Castamere 22

38. The Mountain and the Viper 10 -

For myself, my 4 favorites are Baelor, Blackwater, Watch, and Rains. I'd be fine with any of them winning. After that, I like Watchers, Mountain, Laws, F&B, and Kissed right under those top 4, so I don't mind any from that group advancing. It looks like F&B will move on, which is fine, I've been "hurting" it because it's got such a lead I can hit it without real repercussion.

Heal Blackwater

Hurt F&B

9. Baelor 37
10. Fire and Blood 46 -

19. Blackwater 23 +

29. The Rains of Castamere 22

38. The Mountain and the Viper 10

I'm going to have to give up on my beloved The Mountain and the Viper.:( :(

Heal Blackwater

Mmh. It had some decent scenes but also some.terrible ones. I enjoyed the Anya Waynwood casting though. But we also got Orson Lannister....

Mmh. It had some decent scenes but also some.terrible ones. I enjoyed the Anya Waynwood casting though. But we also got Orson Lannister....

Oh gods, that scene just went on and on and on. They could have just stopped it after the first minute or so.

I'm going to have to give up on my beloved The Mountain and the Viper. :( :(

Heal Blackwater

I understand giving up, but why are you actively hurting it?

Heal Rains

Hurt Blackwater

Hurt Blackwater

Heal The Watchers on the Wall

Hurt Blackwater, heal And Now His Watch Is Ended

9. Baelor 37

10. Fire and Blood 46

19. Blackwater 21 +---

24. And Now His Watch Is Ended 32 +

29. The Rains of Castamere 23 +

38. The Mountain and the Viper 9 -

39. The Watchers on the Wall 31 +

Watchers was the most fun I've ever had watching Game of Thrones. It was excitement from nearly start to finish. It was like I was watching a movie. I can't say the same for any other episode, and it's probably all due to the format. So that's why it is my favorite.

Heal The Watchers on the Wall

Archived