Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

To save on costs in casting new characters all future events will be communicated via small council meetings.

Ha ha - this is where fan speculation often leads, but is in fact never true.

We are getting some sort of IB storyline. It will certainly center around Yara and Theon, but I expect there will be at least one uncle.

Recast. "Casted" is not a word.

I think 'recasted' is an indication of a worrying trend especially in America. It seems that they often struggle with less commonly used irregular past participles, hence you get dreamed rather than dreamt. Give it another 10 years and we'll hear sended instead of sent.

I wouldnt be surprised if the first we see of Yara is around episode 5/6, she runs into Stannis who captures and id her before asking "What are you doing here, dammit ?" and she goes "My father's dead, my uncle Euron has seized his throne." And Stannis : "Euron, the crazy Greyjoy even by your standards ? So crazy that your father even had to bannish him ?"

I hope it wont turn out that way but that could give way to some fun dialogue between Yara and Stannis.

I also noticed something in one of the SDCC interviews (the one with James Hibberd) : Kit Harrington says he's very excited about working with Carice and Stephen. But no words on Liam. Does he implicitly says Davos wont hang out at the Wall very long ? I sure hope so !

I haven't read everything in this thread so it might have been mentioned before but could it be that in Trystane will actually be (F)Aegon?

As in "Varys saved the baby then delivered it to uncle Doran who presented him as his own child" or "Varys presented the Blackfyre baby as Aegon to Doran who presented him as his own child"or something (maybe real Trystane died at birth and they took the opportunity to present FAegon as Trystane).

Varys in the show goes to Pentos. He can send a mercenary army (Golden company or equivalent) to Dorne and the show (F)Aegon will be at more or less the same spot as in the books. Arianne is cut because her purpose in the books (as far as we can tell from what we know) is to solidify an alliance between (F)Aegon and Dorne, something unnecessary in the above scenario. Quentyn doesn't serve any major plot-changing purpose anyway, aside perhaps from turning Dany and Dorne against each other but that would still be the case if Trystane is (F)Aegon since Doran will support the adopted son (and nephew) he raised.

Given that Arianne seems to be out this actually does make some sense. Definitely an option.

Given that Arianne seems to be out this actually does make some sense. Definitely an option.

An option IF Dorne actually sides with Aegon in the books. This is not guaranteed at all however. People take this as a foregone conclusion of Arianne's trip to meet Aegon but it is not.

An option IF Dorne actually sides with Aegon in the books. This is not guaranteed at all however. People take this as a foregone conclusion of Arianne's trip to meet Aegon but it is not.

You are absolutely right. It's just that I had a look at pictures of Toby Sebastian (http://www.kinopoisk.ru/picture/1876111/) and compared them to pictures of Emilia (http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/erika-wesley/images/36946771/title/emilia-clarke-photo) and the two look (imo) as though the could indeed be related. It's those bushy eyebrows, but who knows.

It all seems to just streamline everything for Daenerys to get her dragon and then she will put a fleet out of her ass (possibly the Golden Company) so that the showrunners can keep loving their khaleesi.

In the show she already has a fleet the size of the Ironborn's, taken from Meereen.

The show is seeking an actor to play a thirtysomething Dornish man described as confident, fierce and charismatic and most notably, skilled with riding horses. They’ll have fight scenes that take place entirely on horseback. The character interacts with the main cast in an important sequence, and is considered someone you wouldn’t want to tangle with.

The show is casting for a young man to play a captured vigilante, referred to as a “Son.”

We’ll also be seeing a young Unsullied fighter who likes to spend time at Meereenese brothels, enjoying the affections of the women in his own way. The character is unnamed, but from the description is a clear equivalent to the character of Stalwart Shield, from A Dance with Dragons. Along with the Unsullied man, the show is searching for a woman to play the part of the brothel worker comforting him.

We’ll be seeing a ship’s captain in two episodes next season, playing against a main cast member. The role is quite small but the captain is carrying an important passenger.

Intriguingly, WatchersOnTheWall sources also tell us that Brienne will encounter an elderly serving woman who becomes her ally in dangerous territory. The character will appear in a few episodes, though the role is small.

The last role our sources came across was particularly interesting in how specific it was, and yet still unnamed. Game of Thrones is searching for a man in his fifties, required to be thin and having a long, thin face, to play a character with financial cunning and steeliness. The character has several scenes over two episodes.

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-casting-darkstar-equivalent/

hmmmmmm.

We’ll be seeing a ship’s captain in two episodes next season, playing against a main cast member. The role is quite small but the captain is carrying an important passenger.

This sounds like it might be the Griffs!!!! Also, interesting info for Brienne. It doesn't necessary preclude LS but it is looking less likely as we learn more.

Then who is the important passenger other than Aegon? It could be Aemon but I don't see why they'd need to mention that in the casting call.

Well I consider Sam and Aemon to be important. Tyrion is as well. Neither journey has started in the show so saying who would be spoilery.

Archived