Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Then who is the important passenger other than Aegon? It could be Aemon but I don't see why they'd need to mention that in the casting call.

Well I consider Sam and Aemon to be important. Tyrion is as well. Neither journey has started in the show so saying who would be spoilery.

I also think the way it's worded - playing against a main character - really points to JonCon going against Tyrion.

I also think the way it's worded - playing against a main character - really points to JonCon going against Tyrion.

I agree. It also says that 'the captain is carrying an important passenger' implying that the passenger is being looked after by the captain eg. JonCon and Aegon.

Don't get me wrong because I do still believe we will get Aegon. I just strongly doubt we will get the Shy Maid. Playing against could as easily mean Tyrion against the slaver who captures him after the shipwreck.

Well, I do think that even if we get the Griffins, they'll travel by road to save budget. Whereas Sam's journey will definitly be by boat, so I'm holding up hopes it's for him !

WHERE ARE MY GRIFFINS?????!!!!!

It looks like they're here, JonCon's Red Beard!

Don't get me wrong because I do still believe we will get Aegon. I just strongly doubt we will get the Shy Maid. Playing against could as easily mean Tyrion against the slaver who captures him after the shipwreck.

It could be I don't think they'd mention it if it were just the slaver. It's all speculation but the description - a captain carrying precious cargo really sounds like Aegon and then going further to say they will be playing against a main character really makes it sounds like that captain is an important character in their own right which makes me think JonCon. I've been saying all along, Aegon comes with a posse and already we've got hints of two characters on a boat with an existing main character. That just sounds like the Shy Maid.

I think it has to be Aegon without a doubt. I actually see sam & gilly taking a boat, but having no scenes on it.

But he breaks his vows on that boat! We have to get a scene. It won't work for him to break his vows on land because he won't have an excuse.

Well, I do think that even if we get the Griffins, they'll travel by road to save budget. Whereas Sam's journey will definitly be by boat, so I'm holding up hopes it's for him !

I think filming on the set of a boat isn't too costly. And yes, we'll have Sam's journey since he has to get to Oldtown but that story doesn't feature a captain going against him. Just fat pink masts and stuff. :eek:

True, it could be but who's the important passenger?

I have to say, I'm not at all invested in the Griffins but now that it looks like they're in, I'm excited to see them.

Well, Sam found the loophole in the vows so he doesnt need an excuse for breaking his vows in the show, since he wouldnt break them in his mind.

I suppose he could break them in Braavos. That's not really Westeros so he might feel absolved there.

Gotta say I was looking forward to Summer Islander costumes.

Sue just said that the implication in the source's info is that the "important passenger" is the main cast member, though it's not spelled out.

So, it's probably not Aegon.

hmmmm. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm sure more news will trickle out.

Yeah, I mean they may start with indoor scenes, but it doesn't bode well. Hopefully someone will spot a Bolton scene being shot soon so we'll know for sure who's involved.

Kit's indoor scenes would be with Stephen, Carice, John, Peter Vaughn, Ciaran Hinds and Kristofer Hivju, not with any new characters. The Wall is also the one place where they really don't need major new castings (I don't see the reason for Val to be there based on ADWD, unless her role is significantly expanded in TWOW). They already have Thorne, Dolorous Edd, Olly and some minor NW members like Othel Yarwyck (who could play Bowen Marsh's role unless there is Marsh, too) and if they cast Bowen Marsh, that would also be a minor role that wouldn't be announced at the comic con.

They need important new cast members in the North (at the very least, Manderly or some other Northern lords, fake Arya), but not at the Wall.

Thanks for catching and sharing this. I have only recently become aware of watchers on the wall and most certainly do not regularly check it.

Very exciting news. I am particularly pleased about what looks like Darkstar being cast. One of the more intriguing characters in the books, in my opinion.

Funny how no one cares (me the first tbh). I understand her purpose to Tyrion's psyche but damn, her character and Brienne's journeys in Feast were the only two things in Asoiaf that bored me to tears so I'm glad the show does away with her.

Val... now that's another matter !

:drool:

:wub:

:leaving:

Actually, I will be deeply disappointed if Penny is indeed not cast. Having another little person character besides Tyrion would be great - one that hasn't grown up as a member of a rich and powerful family. I really liked her character and her role in Tyrion's development. It's important for him to meet another dwarf, to see what it's like to live a life as a non-privileged dwarf in that world, and of course, she is what makes him stop his dark self-pitying spiral and start caring about someone. I'm very afraid that they're going to skip all that and just make Tyrion have some funny dynamic with Jorah and then get him to Meereen ASAP, continuing to portray Tyrion as a funny cool hero character rather than a complex, morally ambiguous men with many deep-rooted issues.

The reason I'm not ranting about it is because it's still not certain it's cut - they don't announce all new roles in casting videos, and as someone pointed out when the casting calls were revealed, they would be probably casting her through an agency that specifically has little people and extremely tall people in the acting world as clients (they posted the link to the agency's website). So I'm not going to rant until I'm sure.

As for Arianne, however, that ship sailed when the casting video with every other Dornish character was announced, and Trystane was described by HBO as Doran's heir.

Thanks for catching and sharing this. I have only recently become aware of watchers on the wall and most certainly do not regularly check it.

Very exciting news. I am particularly pleased about what looks like Darkstar being cast. One of the more intriguing characters in the books, in my opinion.

Watchers on the Wall is brand new and from the looks of things, they'll be the ones with news first.

Watchers on the Wall is brand new and from the looks of things, they'll be the ones with news first.

Because it's Fury that has the most inside contacts and she's at WotW. In any case, I'm happy they have their new brand website !

And it seems Darkstar will stay in the books according to her !

Archived