Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

And Brian Fortune back as well !

Glad to see a confirmation that the Northern arc will be shot in autumn. Gives hopes back for new characters there not being definitly cast as of yet.

Yay for more Walda! I'm also looking forward to more of the Braavosi captain, who now has a name, as I really liked him in that one scene in 4x10.

Brian Fortune (Othell Yarwyck) tweeted on July 13th that after 10 days, he'd be "back on the Wall and Castle Black," which aligns neatly with Kit saying at SDCC that he would be starting filming on Monday.

This lends support to the theory that Othell Yarwyck would be taking the place of Bowen Marsh in the show.

I don't see why?

Othell was pretty much the same character in the books and show. He goes along with what Marsh says and does and grumbles at the wildlings going through but is not the main conspirator.

I don't see why?

Othell was pretty much the same character in the books and show. He goes along with what Marsh says and does and grumbles at the wildlings going through but is not the main conspirator.

Because there is no sign of Bowen Marsh being on the show.

He could become so in the show in the absence of Marsh.

I'm really not comfortable with the idea that Thorne is gonna be the one.

It can't be Thorne, because it would be too predictable and it would look like it's all because of his personal dislike of Jon.

The more I read, the more I realize that we are going to be seriously spoiled where Brienne is concerned, unless Martin miraculously finishes writing The Winds of Winter in the next three months.

My guess is that the show version of Brienne is heading where she was going to be heading after bringing Jaime to Catelyn in the books, only way ahead of schedule. So take your pick: (1) the Twins; (2) the Vale; or (3) Casterly Rock.

The more I read, the more I realize that we are going to be seriously spoiled where Brienne is concerned, unless Martin miraculously finishes writing The Winds of Winter in the next three months.

My guess is that the show version of Brienne is heading where she was going to be heading after bringing Jaime to Catelyn in the books, only way ahead of schedule. So take your pick: (1) the Twins; (2) the Vale; or (3) Casterly Rock.

The show may not include the LS showdown but it is feasible that they show TWoW material and book readers assume its D&D fiction. Welcome to the unknown territory.

Since we know the captain that embarked Arya is returning, I'd like to see him more than just in the first episode and would love if he ends up being the one to carry Sam and Gilly from Braavos to Oldtown.

And I think it's probable. Apparently he even got a name now (Ternesio Terys) so maybe that points out to him getting a bigger role.

Edit : Oh, I just read it's his actual name in the books (didnt remember that), so maybe I was reading too much into this.

I think she still has Riverlands story left. First episode she will be chasing Arya, who left from Saltpans. We even saw them shoveling salt at the docks. Why do that if they aren't going to include the massacre at Saltpans in season 5?

So I think at the very least we will have an episode with her discovering the massacre and thinking Arya is dead. Then she will resume trying to find Sansa, which will take her past hanging Freys maybe, and otherwise people talking about the BWB and angry with the Freys. I am sure she will still end up with the BWB, they just might not have LS as their leader. Brienne's next moves will be with the BWB.

It can't be Thorne, because it would be too predictable and it would look like it's all because of his personal dislike of Jon.

Indeed... still I fear they have him do it due to the lack of other recognizable face at the Wall.

Hoping Yarwick's role gets extended and he's the one to do it...

Actually, I'm wondering if Brian Fortune is, in the end Yarwick (he was Marsh in season one) because they needed to get lines out of the First Builder or because they wanted to keep their opportunities open to an eventual Bowen Marsh casting.

The show may not include the LS showdown but it is feasible that they show TWoW material and book readers assume its D&D fiction. Welcome to the unknown territory.

Obviously that will be the automatic defensive mechanism of many book readers. Anytime events occur on screen that do not track with published material, there will be immediate proclamations that it is simply filler.

This process has already begun in one variant as I see many posters now passionately insisting, as if trying to convince themselves, that the show has now diverged so much from the books that it could not possibly spoil unpublished material. There is even some posters now hoping that the show actually comes up with a different ending, despite the overwhelming evidence against such an idea.

In any case, I think it quite easy to distinguish between filler and unpublished material. The former never has any consequences; events happen and nothing really changes (i.e., Jon at Craster's keep, Asha at the Dreadfort, etc.). It really is as simple as that.

I won't keep my hopes high

I won't keep my hopes high...

But I hope that ship is related to the Griffins. Please, please, please... in name of the old gods and the new ones. =(

Archived