GOT Mafia 107: Return of the Faceless Man: It is Day 5

Donald Trump

So If there's a player I could be a partner to from the ones here alive is Gertrude (because yes, I would definitely town read a partner all game), however there is no way I would have killed Stannis because he wasn't really very difficult to sway IMO. Also it's counterintuitive and lacks self-preservation.

Can you explain the counterintutive and self -preservation part ?

Then we have this. not sure how to read it because at that point the votes were coming is so fast and changing on a dime that it's hard to tell what could have been happening. It's possibly an insurance vote to give him inno cred if brAnthel flips evil. I dunno.

You left your vote on Masonity yesterday was that insurance vote for when he flips evil ?

@Zar : Why are you giving us your scum games to read ? Like Gert said the person most likely to be framed is her and not you .

That's not entirely true; Masonity is trying to sell Gert+Zar team which I can see him do as FM independently.

It works for him in all scenarios;

- If Gertrude is town getting her lynched wins him the game. If he can't sway me to vote her, he has me as an alternative to be lynched to win.

- If I were the FM with him, proposing me as a lynch would give him cred for endgame if he can't convince people to lynch Gertrude; he just keeps Gertrude alive another day, kills you and an inno!Malc is set on his read oh him. So he would win.

- If she is the partner and gets lynched and flips FM first he can use it to cement this theory. I am pointing out the reasons why I'm not FM to disprove what I'm seeing is his ploy.

Regardless of who the partner is, Gertrude is right, Masonity is a sucker for chaos and drama and this makes perfect sense as the gambit from him.

I'm off to bed. I should be on before deadline, at least briefly, but I can't see that anything is going to convince me that zar-bran, malc-bran or malc-zar are our killer teams. If one of them is then you've already won anyway.

so Gert

I'm 99% sure it's gert and zar, but we can reassess that tomorrow.

Can you explain the counterintutive and self -preservation part ?

Is just that if I were FM, killing Stannis would throw me into a suspect pool among a group of really experienced players, it wouldn't be optimal. Killing Gertrude or Malcolm would have been better for me, since Masonity was a suspect to everyone but Malcolm. Killing Malcolm would've been a lot more profitable for a hypothetical me/Gert team as he was the only player unwilling to vote Masonity and we would only need to convince one of you/Stannis to vote him out today.

Yes i am . Currently losing my sleep to get around this thing .

Yea , i do not believe anybody in endgame . Scum are about to know why they are in big trouble .

Waiting on you to bring the pain to the scum.

You left your vote on Masonity yesterday was that insurance vote for when he flips evil ?

No? I've been pretty clear that Masonity is my first choice for a while now. No one was around much yesterday and I hadn't seen anything that would change my mind. The context in which I said that about Masonity and you trying to use it against me is completely different.

My current town reads are : Gert , BBMolla and Zar .

Gert has asked questions to everybody and has not just relied on reputation to get her reads . She does go after evrybody .

Molla : He is not around much but he is giving his thoughts as he reads the pages whenever he can .

Zar: Although i had suspected this slot ,Zar has come out on day2 and has played in a very towny fashion imo . I liked his answer to my question and can see his reasoning .

People i would like to lynch today :

Petyr : Already talked about him .

Masonity : I thought day1 i had no idea where to place him . As Day2 went ahead he looked more suspicious in making those decisions . Trusting old players easily and wanting new ones out .

He has also tried to misrep me two times about me wanting to start a late day1 wagon .

Bryden : He just looks way too cool right now . The way he was playing the emotional card yesterday was very manipulative . One time he was voted for making a bad post in those moments he quickly learnt he had done something wrong and made a apology post . I feel like he understands the game bit more than he is projecting here .

Malc and SENP i would not mind lynching either one of them too . I find little to no content from either one of them .

Quoting this because it's one of the few comprehensive thoughts we have from him. Not sure at all where he would place a partner. This is the beginning of Day 3.

But bran why didn't you ever post that list of players ordered by suspicion petyr asked for?

This post starts a little back and forth between brAnthel and Masonity. I didn't find the original question from Petyr, but I thought it looked like brAnthel had already answered it (with that post I linked above) Yeah, there is technically a difference between that and a straight up list, but I didn't think it worth picking at. The convo doesn't look unnatural, but I'm not ruling out the possibility it could have been staged. It reflects more poorly on Masonity than brAnthel as it was an easy point to pick at and didn't really do anything productive except showcase the antagonism between the two.

Because he has lost his best buddy and strongest defender, and if evil his likeliest symp. Hell, if he's evil petyr could have considered snow an honorary symp even if he isn't officially one. It would be dumb for him to order that kill unless he has a strong gambit prepared.

If he was under threat it might have been a fair sacrifice. But petyr was falling down people's tiers and looking safe enough anyway.

Now this looks less like partner talk. It's followed up by a post from brAnthel and it does look like they are explaining thoughts to each other rather than creating an issue to interact.

If I re-think the brAnthel-Masonity connection, then I am left with the horrible conclusion that Malc and Zar are the other candidates. Fuck my life.

Neither Zar nor Malc have been in serious danger all game and that doesn't help me evaluate things.

I still have to go over Bran's recent posts. I'll read them from my phone today. I'll also go over Maso ity because I can't shake the feeling I'm being played like a fiddle.

This could be the beginning of distancing by Zar. Given that he derailed the Masonity lynch, I'm not liking it.

So add Malc to the list then. Masonity, Zar, Malcolm. These are my priority lynches for today, based solely on the kill. I will take a look at the lynch mobs in a moment.

These were petyr's suspects middle of Day 3

This post is in reply to Zar's crazy newbie FM team frames Gert theory.

Eh, it conveniently lets him be framed as well. I don't think ti does fit, however, for the simple reason that Zar is assuming a newbie team and then assigning them a somewhat advanced mindset. Not that it's impossible for someone new to the game to think of 'framing', but I don't think it's a natural thought process when thrown into the game.

I had forgotten that it was Zar who came up with the newbie team theory. I was mostly remembering that Masonity ran with it. It's a crap theory btw, and is now proven to be so.

Okay, one thing I'm a little worried about. Does anyone else have trouble reconsiling the N1 and N2 kills? One was as bland and safe and middle of the road as they come, albeit rather naive in that it totally ignored the healer threat. The second seems whatever it was, it was a well thought out, well planned kill.

I think I need to re-reread Zar. His slot is the one factor that changed massively from day 1 to day 2.

And now we have Masonity planting seeds about Zar. I totally dismissed this idea at the time.

And I didn't quote any of the posts, but brAnthel was going through Petyr's posts and explaining why he suspected him. Could be busy work, could also be conviction. I felt good about him doing so at the time.

I have to admit though, if the mob analysis looks bad for zar then on analysis alone I'd be very tempted to vote him, and if it looks bad on me then it'll be very hard to fight as the kill analysis does tend to make the two of us look liklier than average.

Then there's this gem which I hated then, and hate now.

Comparing lynch mobs, we get me and brAnthel on both Petyr and Piper.

On Petyr, off Piper - Masonity, Malc

on Piper, off Petyr - Zar

I'd expect a split, so brAnthel is slowly moving down my tiers.

eta: then again, that was a last minute clusterfuck and ... meh.

Archived