GOT Mafia 107: Return of the Faceless Man: It is Day 5

Donald Trump

2) I no longer have doubts on Molla,

Has no doubts on BB, but is swayed on Day 3 to vote him over Masonity.Would normally be a bit of a risky move if partnered with Masonity, but as it is nearing endgame, it become more of a calculated risk.

Going back to Malcolm, actually I can see Malcolm evil too. I remembered him more fondly when I was following the game, but there isn't anything of substance in his posts... also I don't see the turning point when Malcolm changed his read on my previous slot from "Most suspicious post of the game yet" + "worth noting" to "I mostly liked Emmit".

Interesting comment I want to mark for later.

See, this is the kind of thing that's keeps pinging my radar w/r/t Piper. He's saying he still suspects Masonity but then again is not really exploring the idea or following through with it, just keeps bringing it up and pushing it for later.

Possibly distancing in a round-about way.

I get the vibe this is a constructed read. The explanation on the Emmit read is kind of funky. I mean I appreciate the town read and stuff but it doesn't ring sincere. Gertrude, any thoughts on this?

This is in reference to Malc changing his mind on Emmit. It seems like it's not really an interaction partners would have? I think it's the appeal to an outside source that is giving me this feeling. It's a very weak feeling, but I'm not finding much solid ground to stand on with this re-read.

Um, ok, let's try it. brAnthel.

I am extremely sleepy and probably will leave in about 30 minutes, pussibly without further warning.

Malc follows Petyr on the vote. I think Malc gets a little flack for it as brAnthel wasn't really a strong suspect for him. Makes Malc/brAnthel less likely I think. Specifically since he could easily have left his vote on Molla. Malc tends to be stubborn in his voting, almost as much as he tends to be practical in securing a lynch - any lynch. Either would have been in character for him. As I read I will pay attention to how much time is left in the day and if he has a chance to come back before deadline.

Uh I really don't like this post. ISO on brant when I get home I think. The last sentence is the killer for me. It seems stilted and fake but an attempt at claiming "stop bullying me" which I've stated before i hate. It's so insincere

Waiting on that list too brant. Or even tiers to be honest. Something that tells us what you think about the majority of the playing board.

Masonity jumps on brAnthel after several other do.

Also an I the only one struggling to keep brant and brydon separate in my head? One f you has to start being memorable.

Marking this because I am not sure what to make of it. I never had problems separating the two.

Note Piper's signature? Clearly a finger from beyond the grave! We have to lynch Piper or we'll be eaten by a ghost lion.

Just kidding. unvote while I re-read and decide which B is scum.

Bryden and Bran are hard to separate.

<snip>

Of the two I'm leaning Bryden but could easily be swayed into a Bran lynch.

So he considers it and then pushes for blackfish over brAnthel. Very possible distancing. He can't dismiss brAnthel entirely since there are several people looking at him critically just now.

4 votes for Piper of Chaos (brAnthelAstgreenseer, Gertrude, SnowStorm, BBMolla)

3 votes for bryden blackfish tully (Masonity, Piper of Chaos, Zar Lannister)

2 votes for brAnthelAstgreenseer (Petyr Baelish the Second, TheMalcolm)

1 vote for Gertrude (bryden blackfish tully)

1 vote for TheMalcolm (Stanis Eats No Peaches)

I don't think we can rely on the order in which people vote here because Mosonity was the last vote recorded and it's showing him as the first voter for blackfish.

Notice that the vote would have been tied before Masonity's vote between brAnthel and blackfish and Masonity put brAnthel in the lead. Petyr and I believe myself were preferring brAnthel over the fish and you see Masonity doing a few soft pushes for blackfish while also saying, hey, I'm cool with brAnthel too.

The Masonity/brAnthel pairing looks more likely.

So the sequence of events that led to the Day 2 lynch was a clusterfuck.

We look to be voting off Blackfish, then he bats his eyes at us and we all collectively lose our shit and coo over him like a baby.

So let me try this one ...

brAnthel

Bran is the obvious choice if the whole doe eyed thing has won you all over.

But I still prefer Bryden. Not risking a last second thing though.

I will vote for bran if the majority wants me to

Bryden

So there is a possible shift in momentum to brAnthel and Masonity is still pushing the blackfish lynch and finds a reason to come back at him. Not entirely sure what that reason is, but it looks like he doesn't like Blackfish's self-preservation and giving up his vote. Don't exactly know why as it's pretty much what we are all saying - we need to secure a lynch. (eta: meh, I'm a hypocrite as Piper doing that same thing pings for me)

Okay, so all that Stannis's admission really shows is that his partner wasn't around at the time he made his claim.

Fuck.

I've given him a pass all day.

And then Masonity finds a reason to put Stannis back in the lynch pool.

I could go Stanins, that feels better than the B/B

I don't want to lynch brAnthel or Brynden.

Yet still voting Petyr. Yeah I could get behind a Stannis lynch too.

This looks very much as if he is protecting a partner who can't protect himself.

I know I've been leaning Masonity for a while now, but this really does look suspicious. My re-read so far has done nothing to shift my inno read of Malc.

Masonity

brAnthel

Zar

Malc

If it has to be between brAn and brynden and Stannis I prefer brAn right now. I could get in board with Malcolm

Zar goes for brAnthel. It's possible it's a calculated risk, but it seems unnecessary.

Bran

No-one else fancy bran or stannis? I'm game for either

Then we have this. not sure how to read it because at that point the votes were coming is so fast and changing on a dime that it's hard to tell what could have been happening. It's possibly an insurance vote to give him inno cred if brAnthel flips evil. I dunno.

Where did Masonity go?

sorry dozed off at desk. 5am-midnight is far too long to be awake.

no cf fucking sucks. stannis also sucks. going to bed.

Right after the vote there are a lot of comments on what the CF means and do we even have one, etc. Masonity ducks out for all of this and Zar calls him on it. I think that makes Zar/Masonity a little less likely. It felt weird that Masonity was not a part of the immediate after-party. I know he comes back with an excuse, but it didn't feel right at the time. He also didn't scold us for voting Piper, which I get that any lynch is better than none, but he fought so hard for Piper earlier to just not even comment on it felt off to me.

Total speculation - but it feel like Masonity might have been attending to private business at this point - posting thoughts to the FM board or sending the mod his 'holy shit' thoughts. I know, wild speculation but I'm still putting it out there.

You might have been better off building your masonity and malcolm case and trying to convince bran instead. Hopefully this chain of posts will show bran that you are full of crap. I'm fairly sure malcolm won't be swayed with your claim that me and bran decided to let you, my biggest critic, live killed the other newbie, exposing bran.

You've shown that it's maybe possible if you squint that we're partners. You haven't shown how it'd make any sense at all.

You've played a great game, but you fucked up by not keeping petyr around. That's when you lost this game.

It's somewhat interesting that both you and Zar still try to work in terms of persons not pairings.

For the record, Malcolm, pairings are a bit of a two edged sword because if you're working on a wrong assumption then you may clear the FM team. (In fact, that's how Baseline cleared me and shos as a team in Open 456). This also happened to Will in Rolling R'hllor, he cleared off Piper based on his belligerently hard defense against you or Molla (I can't remember which) getting lynched in Day Four or Five.

I'll be in a computer in about 4~5 hours from now.

...And what I hate is brAn sitting chewing his popcorn and deciding the lynch.

BrAn, you were said you play more actively in endgame: prove it and participate.

Otherwise I'll have no reason not to lynch you early in any next game.

Yes i am . Currently losing my sleep to get around this thing .

Malcolm/Gertrude with a Stannis kill just seems plain weird. It would've been easier for them to

kill someone more vocal and frame a town!Masonity from the remaining group of players? I don't think brAn would have hesitated voting Stannis or Stannis brAn.

Yea , i do not believe anybody in endgame . Scum are about to know why they are in big trouble .

Archived