The Collective DCU TVerse -- Lions, Titans, and Supergirls

Bastard of Boston

And yet has never been mentioned in Arrow/Flash? I think I'd rather they kept it seperate if that's the case.

Well, if they ever decide they do want to link Supergirl with the CW shows, they can always reveal that Supergirl has been ahead of the CW shows up until they decide to bring in Arrow and Flash. Here is the article which contained the auditions, which are no longer available.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=113838

Here is the interview with the CBS exec downplaying the possibility of a crossover and talking about the costume.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113490

I guess they could set it a decade or so after the 'hey day' of Superman, maybe he's left to go on some sort of Returns esque mission to Krypton? It'd explain why Kara never sees her cousin and sole other member of her race (it'd really suck if every now and then she visits but we don't see it, and let's face it we're not gonna see him).

Apparently "lumberjack" ???????? Is going to be supergirl's first villain. Surely they need to give Michael C Hall a call?

There is but one lumberjack,..

Leaping from tree to tree, as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia. The Giant Redwood. The Larch. The Fir! The mighty Scots Pine! The lofty flowering Cherry! The plucky little Apsen! The limping Roo tree of Nigeria. The towering Wattle of Aldershot! The Maidenhead Weeping Water Plant! The naughty Leicestershire Flashing Oak! The flatulent Elm of West Ruislip! The Quercus Maximus Bamber Gascoigni! The Epigillus! The Barter Hughius Greenus!

With my best buddy by my side, we'd sing! Sing! Sing!

Here is the interview with the CBS exec downplaying the possibility of a crossover and talking about the costume.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113490

The beauty of it is now with shows like Good Wife and Madam Secretary, you can have serialized story elements woven into a case of the week. She’s a crime solver, so she’s going to have to solve a crime.

:ack:

Apparently "lumberjack" ???????? Is going to be supergirl's first villain. Surely they need to give Michael C Hall a call?

They called, but he didn't care.

• 4 weeks later...

Big news: CW is working on one spinoff, which will star Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, and Caity Lotz. Really weird lineup, there.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/arrow-flash-spin-off-cw-new-superhero-series-1201382466/

#1 -- Surprised that Ronnie's character is being left off the roster (so far). This is the CW, where pretty 90% of the show is pretty people.

#2 -- I wonder which identity Sara will take on. With Laurel taking over the Canary role, they can either create a new character for Sara, or appropriate another identity from the comics for her.

Andrew Kreisberg has been added as an executive producer of Supergirl. Berlanti was already one. They have a huge stake in this show's connection to the CW shows. If CBS stonewalls them, it won't be due to lack of effort, I imagine.

Some new casting happened.

The only thing working against Supergirl's standing in the CWverse is the idea that Superman is a known commodity. That can be retconned into the CW shows, though, IMO. It'll be messy. But these shows have historically been nothing if not a little messy.

Soooo........that's weird right?

it's comics so there's a multitude of ways she can be in the show.

It sounds a bit like the brave and the bold or a really lame Justice league line-up. Both Atom and Firestorm feel like they are getting backdoor pilots in Arrow and Flash (much like Flash did in Arrow) so I'm not surprised they wanted to do something with them.

The supergirl casting has me utterly convinced that Supergirl will be a stand-in for Superman much like Arrow is a stand-in for batman. So all the superman villains are probably going to show up which is cool.

The supergirl casting has me utterly convinced that Supergirl will be a stand-in for Superman much like Arrow is a stand-in for batman. So all the superman villains are probably going to show up which is cool.

Not completely, as Superman will appear, if not actively, passively. They're casting a body double, and he's referenced in the script. Up to this point, we've been given no indication Batman exists in the Arrowverse.

Supergirl added some alums to the cast. Original Supergirl Helen Slater is set to appear, along with Dean Cain, as unnamed characters. One thing I enjoy about DC's shows is their willingness to repurpose the classic actors. I'm not sure if these recent additions are just one shot appearances or recurring characters.

Not completely, as Superman will appear, if not actively, passively. They're casting a body double, and he's referenced in the script. Up to this point, we've been given no indication Batman exists in the Arrowverse.

Supergirl added some alums to the cast. Original Supergirl Helen Slater is set to appear, along with Dean Cain, as unnamed characters. One thing I enjoy about DC's shows is their willingness to repurpose the classic actors. I'm not sure if these recent additions are just one shot appearances or recurring characters.

That would be like a sillhouette of Batman being in Arrow - it still wouldn't stop Arrow from using all of Batman's villains and allies. I think it'll be exactly the same here unless the villains/allies are constantly going on about how she's not as awesome as Superman which could initially be interesting but would be a very strange choice in the long run. I still have no problem whatsoever with getting an Arrow/Flash style superman show just with Supergirl though.

That would be like a sillhouette of Batman being in Arrow - it still wouldn't stop Arrow from using all of Batman's villains and allies. I think it'll be exactly the same here unless the villains/allies are constantly going on about how she's not as awesome as Superman which could initially be interesting but would be a very strange choice in the long run. I still have no problem whatsoever with getting an Arrow/Flash style superman show just with Supergirl though.

I think Supergirl has always been, by definition, a secondary Superman, anyway -- she's the younger version. Her origin is so closely tied to him, so it isn't as big a stretch that she'd be dealing with all of his rogues. I'm not a huge Supergirl buff...does she even have her own rogues?

It'll be cool if Dean Cain and Helen Slater are her adoptive parents on the show. I love that stuff. I just don't want the generic Smallville costume they gave her. On the issue of that, they should give Laura Vandervoort a role.

I think Supergirl has always been, by definition, a secondary Superman, anyway -- she's the younger version. Her origin is so closely tied to him, so it isn't as big a stretch that she'd be dealing with all of his rogues. I'm not a huge Supergirl buff...does she even have her own rogues?

It'll be cool if Dean Cain and Helen Slater are her adoptive parents on the show. I love that stuff. I just don't want the generic Smallville costume they gave her. On the issue of that, they should give Laura Vandervoort a role.

She does but they aren't exactly household names.

I also like it when they bring in actors from previous incarnations to guest star in these types of show.

Supergirl has been revealed.

And revealed again.

I'm pleased they went all out. I'm not a fan of half-baked costumed. The texture actually looks like the Henry Cavill costume.

I'm sure the Cavil similarness is intentional. I'm also glad they went with the costume. It doesn't blow me away but the key thing is going to be how they handle the show - if it's good then the costume is fully accepted.

Archived