Diplomacy - The South, Turn 14 (Year 4, Months 4-6, Summer)

TheCrannogDweller

Well usually there are more than just 2 sides, and cross alliances; this has been a war that slowly built up from that battle in the pass. The game wasn't quite intended to work that way, but as a war game I thought it worked pretty well too hehe

In terms of emulating the game of thrones, I think the legacy points are perfect. It gives you more than one way to win the game, though conquest is still the surest and fastest and I don't think you can win without fighting a few battles for points anyways ;D

Once we get the discussion topic up we can talk about what kind if things get you points and how many to give for each feat; I like syv's idea that making marriage alliances and expanding the dynasty can be worth a fair amount of points

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

Legacy Points

Your families legacy is what defines it. The actions you take determine what the bards and history books write about you.

As a possible alternative to controlling the most land or becoming a King- though both are rewarded. Legacy Points could be the determining factor in who wins Diplomacy.

Legacy Point Goal: to be determined

Each player starts with x Legacy points x points=5 points for up to 5 heirs, 3 for the first 3 territories and 1 for first castle.

How to gain Legacy Points:

1 Point for Colonizing a Territory

2 Points for building a castle

2 Points for sending a squire

4 Points for marrying another house

3 Points for a NAT with another House

2 Points for taking an enemy territory

3 Points for taking an enemy castle

4 points for taking an enemy capital

2 Points for hosting a tourney

5 points for hosting a grand tourney

10 points for building a wonder

50 points for becoming a king with 3 or more other players swearing fealty

1 for loss of a heir; if that heir dies at a tournament 2 for loss of a heir; if that heir dies in a trial by combat 5 if you defeat a head of household in a trial by combat-2 if you defeat someone less than the head of household in a trial by combat

1 for every general trait acquired

How you lose Legacy Points:

-2 for losing a territory

-3 for losing a castle

-2 if your squire is either taken captive by it's host/captured in battle

-5 for breaking an NAT with another player

-5 for losing your capital

-2 for every heir lost((not by trail by combat or tourney))

-4 for a failed siege

-12 for a lost wonder

-60 if 4 or more lords who have sworn fealty turn against you

-2 if you host a tourney and not enough participants arrive

-5 for having a general with general traits captured plus -1 for every trait said general has

==========

Props to Syv for the list and idea, very fine indeed.

Anyways back to the business at hand, when are we doing this kingsmoot ;D

Archived