What's the extent of your fandom?

jaimereborn

Will not cosplay and go to ComicCon or any other such venue. That's crossing a line and is just plain sad.

I fully intend on naming my future daughter Sansa.

Pretty much the only thing I won't do is cosplay.

You have to draw the line somewhere, and that's at cosplay? Personally I feel naming your children after characters is a bit more extreme, but maybe you had super traumatic Halloweens growing up.

since he somehow has Victarion as his favorite.

A wise man

You have to draw the line somewhere, and that's at cosplay? Personally I feel naming your children after characters is a bit more extreme, but maybe you had super traumatic Halloweens growing up.

A wise man

Yeah we just never celebrated Halloween growing up, my parents were the super-religious type who thought it was Satanic. Hence my aversion to anything vaguely related.

ETA: Felt the need to clarify that I don't find it to be Satanic but it's hard overcoming what you were taught as a child.

I have read all of the books numerous times. I played the board game every Sunday night with a group of friends for several months. When the last two books were released I bought two copies so that my wife and I could read them simultaneously. I spend several hours every week reading and posting on an internet forum that focuses on the books. I know what R+L=J means.

:)

Soon as I finished the first 4 books, I bought sets for my 40 y.o. niece, my 60 y.o. brother and my 38 y.o.daughter. They became hooked and passed it on to others. Then I got friends hooked on the show and coerced them into reading the books. I have put 9 notches on my Westeros map.

My family has also been giving each other ASOIAF gifts. My great-niece needleworked a Stark bookmark for me; I gave my brother the Hand of the King pin and a Ned ring. We've sent each other the t shirts, patches, and the other Westeros books. We have the board game but since we live so far apart haven't played it together yet. We're hoping to do that sometime this Winter or Spring. In costume. B)

I am civilized civilian still. Why? Because people are not so strong in their fanatism here in Mexico and I cant find a place where to buy GoTshirts. However I still do some nerdy wierd things. I named my hamster meraxes, I challenge people to a single combat in call of duty, and when I introduced myself in school I spoke in third person. A man remembers that one well. No one understood, and a man discovered no one has asoiaf knowledge. A man should go to another school. By the way where can I get GoT shirts in Jalisco? Algun paisano que me ayude con eso?

My toddler knows the words to the Rains of Castamere.

I'm about to get my first ASOIAF tattoo. Probably not my last. The giant back piece I'll get one day when I can afford everything else in my life and actually have the money is going to incorporate a weirwood, now, too.

2z4ya8p.jpg This lives wherever I go, and is getting beat up from the constant transit/toddler abuse. I switch it out with the others but this one's my most read, I think.

The extent of my fandom is narrowed down to posting on the message board, visiting the Wiki to research information, reading the books, watching favorite episodes (boxed set) and discussing the television show with my sibling. Since we pretty much agree on anything House Stark, those conversations are always a blast. Even though I’m still new to the fandom, it’s been great so far.

I am civilized civilian still. Why? Because people are not so strong in their fanatism here in Mexico and I cant find a place where to buy GoTshirts. However I still do some nerdy wierd things. I named my hamster meraxes, I challenge people to a single combat in call of duty, and when I introduced myself in school I spoke in third person. A man remembers that one well. No one understood, and a man discovered no one has asoiaf knowledge. A man should go to another school. By the way where can I get GoT shirts in Jalisco? Algun paisano que me ayude con eso?

GRRM will be at the Feria Internacional del Libro in December 2015, in GDL. There will hopefully be ASOIAF related merchandise for sale. In the meantime, carry on with your nerdness. Mayhaps you shall encounter another paisano/a fan who will appreciate it, they're catching up with all of us fans, albeit slowly. I know I'm responsible for at least two converts to the books. :)

I have 3 ASoIaF maps on my wall: the known world, westeros (LoIaF) and westeros and the free cities map from the book box set.

I was having a debate with a friend about who knew more about GoT/ASoIaF, so I listed all 17 Targaryen kings, their epithets, what they were known for, how long they ruled (roughly, i don't know the specific dates) and what wars took place in their reign.

GRRM will be at the Feria Internacional del Libro in December 2015, in GDL. There will hopefully be ASOIAF related merchandise for sale. In the meantime, carry on with your nerdness. Mayhaps you shall encounter another paisano/a fan who will appreciate it, they're catching up with all of us fans, albeit slowly. I know I'm responsible for at least two converts to the books. :)

I've made all my mates buy the books and read them. No point discussin it with me if you're going to be lost when I mention things that don't appear in the show!!!

Plus, you know, merchandise!!

Merchandise!

At least it's behind your back...

Haha, true enough. But I can still hear the snickering...

Since I got hooked in May of 2013, everyday I do something related to the Books or TV show or both. I have watched all episodes of the TV show at least three times. I have actually lost count. I have also watched everything show related on YouTube and check it daily for something new. I have read the wiki and all of GRRMs other related works, even the Ice Dragon, which may or may not be related. I check this board daily. I have reread the books several times and keep copies of the books in different rooms to read when I am in that room that way I am actually reading several of the books at once. I have started taking notes about what I read. :blushing: After reading this, I am beginning to think I may have a problem. :dunno:

Archived