What would aerys do about jon?

Gibzit

Llwelyn sides with Rhaegar, for reasons. Jaime also...Rhaegar was his hero. Hightower could go either way, but I think it goes this way:

For Aerys: Barry, Darry, White Bull

For Rhaegar: Rhaegar, Dayne, Whent, Llwelyn and Jaime.

True enough...though I don't think Rhaegar was Jaime's hero, Dayne was his fantasy knight theory at the time.

Llwelyn sides with Rhaegar, for reasons. Jaime also...Rhaegar was his hero. Hightower could go either way, but I think it goes this way:

For Aerys: Barry, Darry, White Bull

For Rhaegar: Rhaegar, Dayne, Whent, Llwelyn and Jaime.

Why would Whent side with Rhaegar? Moreover, Llwelyn might refrain from supporting Rhaegar when the conflict between Aerys and Rhaegar is how Rhaeger just married another woman while married to Llwelyn's great niece.

True enough...though I don't think Rhaegar was Jaime's hero, Dayne was his fantasy knight theory at the time.

I'm even rethinking Barry. Was it him or JonCon who said about Aerys...something, he'd gone mad...even Rhaegar could see that at the end...?

That plus his glowing recollections of him compared with...er...less on Aerys. It might not be an automatic Aerys ballot.

Why would Whent side with Rhaegar? Moreover, Llwelyn might refrain from supporting Rhaegar when the conflict between Aerys and Rhaegar is how Rhaeger just married another woman while married to Llwelyn's great niece.

We don't know how Llwelyn felt about another woman/wife for Rhaegar...especially given his own, less rigid interpretation of the mixture of vows and love. We can be pretty sure how he felt about Aerys using them as hostages to ensure Dornish support.

Oh, Whent? Wasn't he a prime mover in the Harrenhall venture?

We don't know how Llwelyn felt about another woman/wife for Rhaegar...especially given his own, less rigid interpretation of the mixture of vows and love. We can be pretty sure how he felt about Aerys using them as hostages to ensure Dornish support.

Oh, Whent? Wasn't he a prime mover in the Harrenhall venture?

I don't know, I just don't think that if all these knights turned a blind eye to Aerys's previous actions that they would directly fight against his commands.

I don't know, I just don't think that if all these knights turned a blind eye to Aerys's previous actions that they would directly fight against his commands.

I think if Rhaegar walks in on Aerys beating his mother and puts a stop to it, the KG don't get in his way. He was their next King. Many of the KG seem involved in the prospective supplanting. Some are his close friends. Those at the TOJ apparently take his orders every bit as seriously as they take Aerys', possibly more.

I agree there's a lot of 'right down the line' with the KG, even through conflicted feelings, but I think the Prince is just enough of an excuse for those who need one, and for those already on board, icing on the cake. The 'even Rhaegar saw that at the end' would tend to indicate that Rhaegar was not viewed as ambitious or rebellious for it's own sake, but rather the one who needed the most convincing that this was necessary.

Important question: when you say 'his', do you mean Aerys, or Rhaegar? Cause I could see that going either way, and if pushed to it, I think I'd bet on Rhaegar.

I don't imagine Aerys KG would disobey their king for their prince, seeing how they're all about honour.

Archived