J+A

Trogdor Targaryen

I would just like to point out that Rickard Stark married one of his cousins, as did Tywin Lannister. Sometimes a marriage doesn't have to be a political move with which to form an alliance. Some marriages are kept in family to keep the bloodline straight, lest the noble houses blood get too diluted down the line. Arya and Jon are the only ones of their generation with the stark look. For example, Robb may have been king in the "north" but he was much more suited for leadership out of riverrun than he would have been in Winterfell, because he simply looks like a Tully.

I just wanted to point that out because everyone is arguing that it would be a political blunder, while it seems to me that high lords children aren't as commonly wed to each other as we are seeing happen during this war period we are witnessing, and eventually the wars will end and the point of such a political marriage would be rendered moot.

I would just like to point out that Rickard Stark married one of his cousins, as did Tywin Lannister. Sometimes a marriage doesn't have to be a political move with which to form an alliance. Some marriages are kept in family to keep the bloodline straight, lest the noble houses blood get too diluted down the line. Arya and Jon are the only ones of their generation with the stark look. For example, Robb may have been king in the "north" but he was much more suited for leadership out of riverrun than he would have been in Winterfell, because he simply looks like a Tully.

What?

R+L=J hasn't been confirmed (though I believe it to).

Plus, Jon was raised as a sister to Arya. So they'd see each other as siblings still, whether they're really cousins or not, and I feel like they'd have must more of a problem with incest/marriage to cousins who are viewed as siblings than the Lannisters.

Bearing in mind the Karstarks trace their ancestry back hundreds of years to be related to the nearest Stark, and some consider Robb's execution of Rickard as kinslaying, I'm pretty sure the Starks wouldn't have anything to do with Jon/Arya. That would just be wrong.

plus like everyone's said, there's no political advantage for that match. Also, do you really see Arya marrying anyone? I don't... (Maybe Gendry. But that's wishful thinking, seeing as I don't think they'll ever meet again).

I just wanted to point that out because everyone is arguing that it would be a political blunder, while it seems to me that high lords children aren't as commonly wed to each other as we are seeing happen during this war period we are witnessing, and eventually the wars will end and the point of such a political marriage would be rendered moot.

People call Theon a 'kinslayer' for supposedly killing Bran and Rickon, whom everyone KNOWS are of no blood relation to him. Yet they consider that the boys were brothers to Theon all the same because they grew up together. Do you honestly think that people would support Jon and Arya getting married, even it it came out that they were cousins? Of course not- in everyone's minds, it would be the same as brother-sister incest (which just so happens to have helped cause a war).

It would be a HUGE political blunder.

Agreed with everything sj4iy said.Last but not least,do you really think that Jon would marry someone who is the spitting image of his mother?Besides the fact that they grew up as a brother

and sister,it would be em creepy,problematic and Jon definetely has some mummy issues deep inside him so that's a big NO from me.

according to Freud, everyone. Wants to fuck their mom

More likely one of them being Azor Ahai, and the other Nissa Nissa.

Their bound is the strongest in the series by far.It's because of their (fraternal) love that Jon betrayed his vows -getting in the matters of the 7 kingdons, and why Arya did not lose her identity yet.

Thank you. I wanted someone to say something that makes sense. This would be perfect if Jon becomes unJon and Arya has to slay him and needle becomes light bringer...... Okay, probably not needle.......

That would be very creepy.

Humans tend to develop an aversion to to having sexual relationship with their siblings not based on the blood ties but on the fact that they were reared together. To the the vast majority of people, having sex with someone they were raised with from childhood is abhorrent, blood ties or not.

This is obviously not an unviolate law of nature, as one famous couple in the books show, but it's largely widespread. An adopted child reared with the natural child of parents who raised them together is no more likely to develop a penchant for incest than two siblings linked by blood ties. Conversely, two siblings placed in foster care very young who meets as adult by chance, not knowing their origin, are just as likely to fall in love have sex as any two strangers.

Which makes me think that if The Valyrian practiced sibling incest so commonly, they probably did like Egypt's Pharaohs and raised their prince and princess apart instead of together.

R+L=J hasn't been confirmed (though I believe it to).

Plus, Jon was raised as a sister to Arya. So they'd see each other as siblings still, whether they're really cousins or not, and I feel like they'd have must more of a problem with incest/marriage to cousins who are viewed as siblings than the Lannisters.

Bearing in mind the Karstarks trace their ancestry back hundreds of years to be related to the nearest Stark, and some consider Robb's execution of Rickard as kinslaying, I'm pretty sure the Starks wouldn't have anything to do with Jon/Arya. That would just be wrong.

plus like everyone's said, there's no political advantage for that match. Also, do you really see Arya marrying anyone? I don't... (Maybe Gendry. But that's wishful thinking, seeing as I don't think they'll ever meet again).

Please tell me you meant brother. I don't recall hearing about Jon traipsing around Winterfell in dresses and sewing with the girls. Though that would explain Cat's reaction to him...

Depends on what happens with her. The girl is going to have a breakdown at some point and cry all the tears she's been holding in. Not to mention the fact that when puberty hits, all bets are off!

Normally, I am openminded about the shipping fantasies of fangirls but NO.

Advocates of Jon marrying Arya (or worse, Jon marrying Sansa) clearly have zero experience with the dynamics of normal blended families with children from different relationships. I was raised in such a family -- and NO. I would have been more likely to marry a biological relative that I never met than the boys I was raised with/around.

I also attended the same tiny school from first through eighth grade. There are ZERO marriages from our cohort. We all married others. We see each other as siblings.

You do not want to eff the people you were raised around. Period. Blood or no blood. Revelations of "you're not my sibling but my cousin" notwithstanding.

Also agree that wanting Jon with either Stark girl is nastily Oedipal. Either you want to see him sleep with a girl who looks exactly like the mother he never knew (Arya->Lyanna), or you want him to resolve the terrible way his stepmother treated him by sleeping with her doppelgänger (Sansa->Catelyn). Ugh. Cannot express the degree of squick.

That would be very creepy.

Humans tend to develop an aversion to to having sexual relationship with their siblings not based on the blood ties but on the fact that they were reared together. To the the vast majority of people, having sex with someone they were raised with from childhood is abhorrent, blood ties or not.

This is obviously not an unviolate law of nature, as one famous couple in the books show, but it's largely widespread. An adopted child reared with the natural child of parents who raised them together is no more likely to develop a penchant for incest than two siblings linked by blood ties. Conversely, two siblings placed in foster care very young who meets as adult by chance, not knowing their origin, are just as likely to fall in love have sex as any two strangers.

Which makes me think that if The Valyrian practiced sibling incest so commonly, they probably did like Egypt's Pharaohs and raised their prince and princess apart instead of together.

The Valyrians had purple eyes and dragons, too. But it's clear that their continued incest led in part to their downfall. If Aerys and Rhaella had never married, no RR, and Targs would've still be on the throne with Joanna as Queen and Tywin (married to another) as Hand.

I am one of the very few people on this forum who seriously ship them. You can probably count many more Sansa/Jon shippers. There has been already two or tree threads about J+A. You can still google them. Their posters done better job with OP than declaring "I want to troll", IMO. Not that there is much of hope of discussing this topic here in any case.

Archived