The "sun's son" is a misinterpretation

shmewdog

Is Marwyn perfumed? Perfume seems to be Varys' main description, people can''t identify him without it. Senschal's are hollow, like Varys.

Finally, Varys is very much intertwined with Daenerys.

"Perfumed" may not be meant literally. Things are often "perfumed" to cover up what they really are much like spices were used in days of old to help disguise the fact that food was somewhat spoiled. It may actually mean "fake' or "pretending to be what it is not."

Apparently the Alchemist who killed Pate in OldTown and took his place is, or has abilities to disguise himself like, one of the FM. If this is the case it is possible that the real Marwyn may be killed and replaced before he departs and that the "Marwyn" who ultimately connects with Dany will not be the real thing.

Just speculating . . .

Ser. Cold Fingers, whilst I agree with your interpretation of Quaithe's warning (noted you did not specify which Greyjoy for "Kraken" - Victarion or Euron (however I presume you mean Victarion who is travelling with Darkflame Moqorro)) I question why you wrote Aegon Blackfyre next to Young Griff (mummer's dragon). I know that it is a common theory on this forum that Aegon may be a Blackfyre, there is at this stage no textual evidence to back up the theory. All we have to base our assumptions about him are Tyrion's realisations, that he is no ordinary boy travelling with no ordinary company (with Jon Connington who was Rhaegar's friend and an exiled Hand of King Aerys) Aegon's own story of how there was a baby swap prior to the Mountain arriving and killing the baby "Targ" and Varys' story to Kevan which says that Aegon has been brought up to be humble and will make a great King. So there is no actual evidence as yet to say he is a Blackfyre. "Mummer's Dragon" could be taken to mean he is pretending to be a Targaryen (dragon) which would support your theory that he is not a Targ, but it still does not support that he is a Blackfyre. However "Mummer's Dragon" could also be representative of the fact that he has lived his life till this point as a mummer - pretending to be someone he is not. (Young Griff). Also "Mummer's Dragon" may be representative of his displaying the sigil with no proof yet of his authenticity as a Targaryen. Varys is undoubtedly a mummer - able to dress up a role play in different ways to go about his secret spying business. So Aegon is the "Mummer's Dragon" (Varys' pawn).

Ser. Cold Fingers, whilst I agree with your interpretation of Quaithe's warning (noted you did not specify which Greyjoy for "Kraken" - Victarion or Euron (however I presume you mean Victarion who is travelling with Darkflame Moqorro)) I question why you wrote Aegon Blackfyre next to Young Griff (mummer's dragon). I know that it is a common theory on this forum that Aegon may be a Blackfyre, there is at this stage no textual evidence to back up the theory. All we have to base our assumptions about him are Tyrion's realisations, that he is no ordinary boy travelling with no ordinary company (with Jon Connington who was Rhaegar's friend and an exiled Hand of King Aerys) Aegon's own story of how there was a baby swap prior to the Mountain arriving and killing the baby "Targ" and Varys' story to Kevan which says that Aegon has been brought up to be humble and will make a great King. So there is no actual evidence as yet to say he is a Blackfyre. "Mummer's Dragon" could be taken to mean he is pretending to be a Targaryen (dragon) which would support your theory that he is not a Targ, but it still does not support that he is a Blackfyre. However "Mummer's Dragon" could also be representative of the fact that he has lived his life till this point as a mummer - pretending to be someone he is not. (Young Griff). Also "Mummer's Dragon" may be representative of his displaying the sigil with no proof yet of his authenticity as a Targaryen. Varys is undoubtedly a mummer - able to dress up a role play in different ways to go about his secret spying business. So Aegon is the "Mummer's Dragon" (Varys' pawn).

You're right...there is no evidence to support that Young Griff is a Blackfyre...but my theory is that he's a false Targaryen and the last Blackfyre...which makes him the mummer's dragon (Varys' pawn as you say). It was just an emphasis and expansion of my opinion.

No worries you're definately entitled to your opinion, but mummer's dragon (Varys' pawn) at this stage could still be a Targaryen (dragon). We do not know yet if he is a fake. (Blackfyre?) but it's fun to speculate... .???

Welcome to the forum by the way! :-D

What do you mean told? You werent told by somebody on this forum? Thats not the basis for determining what actually happens in the series. Your suppose to base your knowledge on actually reading the material, not "what your told," and if you actually read the chapter you would know your post is plain wrong.

Idk what your definition of trying "hard" is but Hizdar "tried" about as much as a person can without being blatantly obvious or physically forcing them upon her. And if you read you see his response(s) both verbal and non, instead of waiting to be told what happened

Whoever poisoned the locusts obviously was terrible at it. Belwas ate the entire bowl and survived. How much would the dainty little girl need to consume before it effected her adversely? Sure you could say it was just to make her be incapacitated for awhile but why? What does that do for Hizdahr? If she is gone then him being king means nothing. There will be a new set of wise masters in no time.

Hizdahr had everything to gain with Dany alive, and everything to lose with her dead.

You're right...there is no evidence to support that Young Griff is a Blackfyre...but my theory is that he's a false Targaryen and the last Blackfyre...which makes him the mummer's dragon (Varys' pawn as you say). It was just an emphasis and expansion of my opinion.

If he's Varys' pawn, he's the Mummer's Dragon, whether a true Targ or not.

No worries you're definately entitled to your opinion, but mummer's dragon (Varys' pawn) at this stage could still be a Targaryen (dragon). We do not know yet if he is a fake. (Blackfyre?) but it's fun to speculate... .???

Welcome to the forum by the way! :-D

I'm having a blast speculating.

And Thanks. I'm late to the show but I'm catching up...slowly.

Very true. Only reason I said Blackfyre is because I'm speculating this invasion by the Golden Company may turn out to be considered the Fifth Blackfyre Rebellion.

It could.

I lean toward Aegon being real because otherwise Varys' monologue to Kevan, a dying man, was meant to deceive the reader, which is not cool with me.

Yet personnally, I wish Ageon is fake AND he wins the throne in the end. To have an imposter on the throne at the end of the serie would be a good epilogue to thousands of pages of people worrying about claim and bloodlines.

Of course, I get the same satisfaction if Tommen or Myrcella sit on the throne at the end. I just hope that when all is said and done, someone with no 'rights' to sit on the throne does just that.

It could.

I lean toward Aegon being real because otherwise Varys' monologue to Kevan, a dying man, was meant to deceive the reader, which is not cool with me.

Yet personnally, I wish Ageon is fake AND he wins the throne in the end. To have an imposter on the throne at the end of the serie would be a good epilogue to thousands of pages of people worrying about claim and bloodlines.

Of course, I get the same satisfaction if Tommen or Myrcella sit on the throne at the end. I just hope that when all is said and done, someone with no 'rights' to sit on the throne does just that.

My personal hope is that JS will sit on the IT...regardless if Daenerys is there or not...although we're led to believe that she does need to be there if Dragons play any part of the story.

Whoever poisoned the locusts obviously was terrible at it. Belwas ate the entire bowl and survived. How much would the dainty little girl need to consume before it effected her adversely?

Hizdahr had everything to gain with Dany alive, and everything to lose with her dead.

What does that even mean? This statement implies Belwas is like smaller than Dany lmao. "Belwas ate the entire bowl and survived. How much would the dainty little girl need to consume before it affected her adversely." (Ik everybody can see that already in the quote, but there it is incase you respond without responding);

Well lets walk through this slow,1. Belwas = Big man, eat lots of locusts and all but dies. Dany = fraction of his size, so assumedly slightly more than the amount proportional to that which Belwas ate if you need an actual answer. How does highlighting her (as if its even a predominant trait) as "dainty" do anything but argue with yourself within your own comment? 2. "Whoever poisoned the locusts obviously was terrible at it." Again more words without an actual point to them, what does that even mean, clearly they werent good at it or Dany or Belwas would be dead. How is the poisoner being "terrible at it (poisoning)" lend any credence to either side of the debate, unless its stated somewhere that Hizdar has a history of properly manipulating poisoning attempts, then i fail to see how anybody could convince themself that the poisoner being "terrible"(subjective) somehow = Hizdar not being involved. 3. Thats clearly not how Hizdar or anybody in Meereen see's the situation, seeing as all of the noble meereneese clearly prefered life without Dany.

the sun's sun could be aegon if he is real

rhaegar is aerys's son

aegon is rhaegar's son

I think you'd be better off sticking with the suns sun (whatever that is) you had going in the first line.

And this is basically just a slightly more extreme version of people who say the volanqar will be anybody who's a younger brother for the sake of hypothesizing a bunch of yet to be discussed characters.

Sons son? Really? Explain how that is specific to any one person in the world

• 2 weeks later...

the suns son is Jon. notice how it seems to go in order of who she will likely see first, Kraken(vic) and dark flame(moqorro?), lion(tyrion) and griffin(joncon), sun's son(jon snow) and mummer's dragon(aegon).

if u remember the tale by danys handmaids about how dragons came to be, and they were talking about the moons, and how one got to close to the sun and spilled forth dragons.

well it can be a metaphor for r+l=j. rhaegar is the sun, lyanna the moon.

if u want a way better explanation on this and all things jon i recommend reading this thread http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/103266-r-l-lightbringer-updated-with-part-ii/

I'm in the camp that "sun's son = Quentyn" is a little too easy. Not to say that it's not true, but it doesn't sit quite right with me. Why is Quentyn the SON of the sun, and not a sun himself (a la the Griffin, Kraken, Lion).

Maybe because Quentyn's father is still alive? Just a thought...

the sun's sun could be aegon if he is real

rhaegar is aerys's son

aegon is rhaegar's son

Also his mother is sun (Martell). But that also will make him a dragon. So very unlikely possibility.

In the second dream, the sun (father), the moon (mother), and eleven stars (brothers) bowed to Joseph himself.

“He told me the moon was an egg, Khaleesi,” the Lysene girl said. “Once there were two moons in the sky, but one wandered too close to the sun and cracked from the heat. A thousand thousand dragons poured forth, and drank the fire of the sun. That is why dragons breathe flame. One day the other moon will kiss the sun too, and then it will crack and the dragons will return.”

The two Dothraki girls giggled and laughed. “You are foolish strawhead slave,” Irri said. “Moon is no egg. Moon is god, woman wife of sun. It is known.”

Archived