If you could marry any character from the entire series, who would it be and why?

Elayna_L_Lexxing2

If we're assuming any character we pick is at their prime at the time of the marriage, and we have no choice with regard to the time period (and therefore there will be certain restrictions on one's prospect in life based on gender) then:

1) Eddard Stark (the safe choice)

2) Sandor Clegane (strong, maybe not as totally brutal if you got to him earlier, definitely grateful for affection)

3) Tyrion Lannister (waaaay before everything went to heck, with the murder and trial and smuggling out of KL - you could count on him to cherish you since he doesn't think he deserves anyone, plus highly intelligent if not physically strong)

4) Bronn (last choice because he'd probably be a terrible husband but at least you could count on him keeping you safe)

Honorable mention to Oberyn, but seriously with that blood-thirst for vengeance he just would not last very long as a husband and I'd probably end up remarrying someone terrible.

No Jons or Robbs for me thanks, too young and far too naive. And if we can pick from any point in history of Westeros, Ser Duncan the Tall would be my personal fave, although that wouldn't work out because he becomes kingsguard. Considered Peter Baelish as last choice, but at least I think I could count on Bronn to let me know when he's cutting and running without me, whereas Baelish would offer up any wife except Cat to anyone who wanted her if it furthered his plans.

Well...

In order:

Margaery would be nice...

Honestly, I'd go for someone closer to my age... So her or Dany... They're also both hot... Margaery first because she is a better personality...

Although if I were a girl, Jaime or the Hound would be optimal...

Do I have to marry a guy?

Edmure or Willas for the guys - Edmure is a nice guy if a bit hapless, and the Tyrell characterization of Willas is backed up, imo, by Cersei and Littlefinger's disdain, so he also seems to be a nice guy. If I can marry another girl... Margaery or Cat if show versions because my crushes on Natalie Dormer and Michelle Fairley are not going away. Book only... Sarella, tbh, at least if her being Alleras proves true. She's an academic; my kind of girl. :-)

I'd marry Jaime. He is funny, honest, has a downright modern attitude towards women that's pretty astonishing for a medieval fantasy character, he doesn't fuck around and he looks like NCW. Most of his evil acts are directly connected to his relationship with Cersei (and I'd be a way better influence on him of course) or he's trying to protect his family (which doesn't excuse it but at least I understand where he's coming from).

And I have no huge problem with arrogance as a character trait as long as its combined with a sense of humour and some self-reflection and as long as there is some actual talent there to back it up.

Which is why my second choice - in case Jaime is not interested for whatever reason - would be Oberyn. What speaks against him is that he already is in a great relationship with Ellaria who is more into his brothel-visiting, threesome activities than I'd ever be, that I don't like three of his older daughters and that he's from Dorne which is not as cool a region as the Westerlands.

• 2 weeks later...

Rhaegar, of course. Who wouldn't marry a beautiful prince with long silky hair and shiny armor that is also a good fighter, a poet, a great musician and a passionate lover? But unfortunately same sex marriage is not a thing in Westeros, so I will go with young Catelyn. Or Dany, when she is older.

Margaery Tyrell. In the show canon she is Natalie Dormer, and in my head canon she's Emma Watson, so that's a win-win situation right there.

Holy crap. I need a cold shower.

My personal inclination is Arianne (shocking, right?), but I need to figure out the details of Dornish Spouse Island first.

Archived