Early Theories Since Disproved

Ser Cold Fingers

Just like everyone who thinks 8 is closer to 0 than 12 is?

Closer in counting, appearance, sound or difficulty in writing?

It's all a matter of perspective. Just like when Ygritte calls Jon a southerner (or something to that affect). Jon says he is not, he is from the North. But he was a southerner to her.

I'm not sure why you want to change the subject. But yes. 8 is closer to 0 than 12 is. Whether everyone thinks it or not.

My point being anyone who says what I mentioned is the correct interpretation of "probably closer to 8-9 months than a year" is hearing what they want to hear. Also about 90% sure you're one of them.

My point being anyone who says what I mentioned is the correct interpretation of "probably closer to 8-9 months than a year" is hearing what they want to hear.

I even think it is perfectly possible that GRRM is lying to his readers outright. But it is a stretch to call true statements lies. I also wonder how statements of probability can ever be proven to be lies.

Also about 90% sure you're one of them.

Why the uncertainty? I just told you that I believe (12 - 0) > (12 - 8).

I even think it is perfectly possible that GRRM is lying to his readers outright. But it is a stretch to call true statements lies. I also wonder how statements of probability can ever be proven to be lies.

Why the uncertainty? I just told you that I believe (12 - 0) > (12 - 8).

Because I didn't check the Dany are Twins theory, so I'm giving myself a 10% chance it's another person with a green parrotish bird as their avatar as being the person who said it.

Because I didn't check the Dany are Twins theory, so I'm giving myself a 10% chance it's another person with a green parrotish bird as their avatar as being the person who said it.

What do you mean "green parrotish bird". That's a PARROT you see. A genuine eclectus parrot, from New Guinea. The best parrots in the world.

That said, I have no idea what "it" is. Are you trying to disagree with me about something? I don't recall what I did not did not say in other threads but I do believe (12 -0) > (12 - 8), regardless of whether I said it before. And if I said differently before, I was wrong.

What do you mean "green parrotish bird". That's a PARROT you see. A genuine eclectus parrot, from New Guinea. The best parrots in the world.

That said, I have no idea what "it" is. Are you trying to disagree with me about something? I don't recall what I did not did not say in other threads but I do believe (12 -0) > (12 - 8), regardless of whether I said it before. And if I said differently before, I was wrong.

That because George said "probably closer to 8-9 months than a year," that Jon and Dany are twins. That was "it." It's taking something that in every single other setting means one thing and trying to twist it to fit what you want to hear, which related to the post that started this little deviation.

As far as the bird, I can't tell the difference between a parrot, a McCaw, a Quetzal, or any other tropical bird that looks like a parrot, so I'm covering my bases. I'm an accountant, not an ornithologist.

That because George said "probably closer to 8-9 months than a year," that Jon and Dany are twins.

I'm pretty sure I never made such an argument. The conclusion does not follow from the premise.

I may have disagreed with the argument "That because George said "probably closer to 8-9 months than a year," that Jon and Dany are NOT twins." I may have pointed out that the conclusion does not follow from the premise in that case either.

• 4 weeks later...

And a book later it is specifically stated that Sam is older than Jon.. while Sam had already turend 16, Jon is still 15..

Does it specify how long Sam had been 16 to Jon's 15 at that point?

It could have been a matter of a single day and be true.

Does it specify how long Sam had been 16 to Jon's 15 at that point?

It could have been a matter of a single day and be true.

No, it isn't specified in that chapter.

Looking at a rough timeline from the books, though, you can get the general picture. Robb and Jon were born extremely close together, and Robb was born some 9 months into the year. Sam is already sixteen when the Great Ranging begins, early in the year. So while Sams nameday fall in one of the earlier months, Jons falls in the later months of the year.

No, it isn't specified in that chapter.

Looking at a rough timeline from the books, though, you can get the general picture. Robb and Jon were born extremely close together, and Robb was born some 9 months into the year. Sam is already sixteen when the Great Ranging begins, early in the year. So while Sams nameday fall in one of the earlier months, Jons falls in the later months of the year.

Sam gets sent to the Wall on his 15th name day, so figure maybe a month or less of traveling time. At some point not terribly long before Sam actually shows up at the Wall, Jon's 15th passes without Benjen having returned.

So I figure their age difference is within 1 day to about 2 months, 3 at the outside.

Sam gets sent to the Wall on his 15th name day, so figure maybe a month or less of traveling time. At some point not terribly long before Sam actually shows up at the Wall, Jon's 15th passes without Benjen having returned.

So I figure their age difference is within 1 day to about 2 months, 3 at the outside.

Sam travels in a group from Horn Hill, located in the Reach, to the Wall. Seeing as already two months are needed to travel from Winterfell to Kings Landing, one month from Horn Hill to the Wall by horse is very very short.

I'd say his travels took quite a bit longer.

Archived