Who would win Aragorn vs Jaime Lannister?

Iulian Fedot

People have to keep in mind MovieAragorn and BookAragorn are quite different characters.

MovieAragorn is primarily a fighter, while BookAragorn is far more a mental one.

No one is saying BookAragorn is an average fighter; he's pretty much exceptional, even more with Andúril. But Jaime Lannister is one of the best ever. Also, Jaime Lannister lives for fighting; he loves it. I'd say he's far more ruthless than Aragorn.

I pick Jaime every time.

Bare in mind that Aragorn is around 92 years old and Jaime is what? 36? 38? Probably not even half as experienced as Aragorn, As a ranger, he probably fought against tougher enemies, he also ran for a good couple of days without many stops. Jaime lost to Robb Stark which kinda doesn't make him into such a great worrior!

Bare in mind that Aragorn is around 92 years old and Jaime is what? 36? 38? Probably not even half as experienced as Aragorn, As a ranger, he probably fought against tougher enemies, he also ran for a good couple of days without many stops. Jaime lost to Robb Stark which kinda doesn't make him into such a great worrior!

Jaime never lost to Robb. They never crossed swords.

You mean Jaime lost the battle, but he was captured while he was slaughtering quite a few Northern Lords. That's, at least, impressive.

Martin himself has said Jaime is one of the best EVER. Not only of the actual generation; he's TOP 10 ever.

Jaime would lose. He lost to Robb Stark who in the books is just a 14 year old.

When exactly did Robb defeat Jaime in a single duel?

Can you point me to the passage in which it is told in the books?

It was edited out of the international versions

"I was this close to crossing swords with the Kingslayer but then I thought 'That looks really dangerous and he's already killed a bunch of Karstarks.' So I ended up hiding behind a bush and watched Robb defeat Jaime Lannister with nought more than a wooden practice sword, as Ser Rodrik and Catelyn still did not let him fight with steel. That was when I decided to turncloak, Uncle."

-Theon I, ACOK

JRR Tolkien hasn't even deigned to respond, so we have to go with Jaime.

Besides, Jaime Lannister already beat Rand Al'Thor. Aragorn is like a child compared to him.

:agree: Yeah, JRR Tolkien's atitude on this contest has been disappointing, isn't it? I laughed out loud.

It was edited out of the international versions

"I was this close to crossing swords with the Kingslayer but then I thought 'That looks really dangerous and he's already killed a bunch of Karstarks.' So I ended up hiding behind a bush and watched Robb defeat Jaime Lannister with nought more than a wooden practice sword, as Ser Rodrik and Catelyn still did not let him fight with steel. That was when I decided to turncloak, Uncle."

-Theon I, ACOK

I can quite imagine this part.

Jaime never lost to Robb. They never crossed swords.

You mean Jaime lost the battle, but he was captured while he was slaughtering quite a few Northern Lords. That's, at least, impressive.

Martin himself has said Jaime is one of the best EVER. Not only of the actual generation; he's TOP 10 ever.

Yeah, I have also heard that he is the most Talented swordsman that Barristan has saw but nonetheless, Aragorn wiealds Andúril

That would probably be sharper and better than Dawn from Asoiaf, and we know the greatest ever, Arthur Dayne, Jaime always looked up to him. But still, Jaime isn't close to Arthur Dayne. In my opinion Arthur Dayne could offer a good fight against Aragorn, but I wouldn't exactly think Jaime would be close enough.

Well, I didn't exactly state that he lost to Robb Stark "in a single duel" it's just that I ment to state that he allowed himself to be easily captured.

But tell me something, from which chapter of the books tells you that Jaime Lannister is a VERY VERY VERY skillfull fighter, I have red the first two books and yet, I still haven't red an actuall chapter where he is fighting skillfully. Don't tell me about Jaime vs Brienne one cause we all know he was in chains for a long time so he must have been weak during that fight.

Yeah, I have also heard that he is the most Talented swordsman that Barristan has saw but nonetheless, Aragorn wiealds Andúril

That would probably be sharper and better than Dawn from Asoiaf, and we know the greatest ever, Arthur Dayne, Jaime always looked up to him. But still, Jaime isn't close to Arthur Dayne. In my opinion Arthur Dayne could offer a good fight against Aragorn, but I wouldn't exactly think Jaime would be close enough.

But Aragorn isn't that good of a fighter in LOTR, Iulian. He's good, but Boromir was as good 8if not better) than him.

Also, I'd say we should speak of their fight with average swords. We cannot rate Andúril and Oathkeeper. They are magical swords.

But Aragorn isn't that good of a fighter in LOTR, Iulian. He's good, but Boromir was as good 8if not better) than him.

Also, I'd say we should speak of their fight with average swords. We cannot rate Andúril and Oathkeeper. They are magical swords.

I am yet to read the Lotr books soon enought, but nonetheless, I think I provided some websites which will probably make you change your mind about Aragorn not being that good. In my opinion, he is the greatest sword fighter in Lord of the Rings, maybe not of all ages.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-485428-aragorn-vs-legolas.html

And this one too

http://www.thetoptens.com/best-lord-of-the-rings-characters/aragorn-51084.asp

In those two websites people are talking about him as a very skilled fighter! Sooo... I hope to have changed your mind about him.

Jaime may be one of the greatest, but that's in his universe, middle earth is a completely different kettle of fish. Where even though aragorn is far from the best ever he's still jaimes better. I doubt jaime could fight his way through moria and the battle of the hornburg. Much less come out of the battle of pelenor fields completely unscathed. Aragorn was eighty seven and was still in his prime having a wealth of experience leading the dunedain rangers, fighting for rohan and hinder.

Jaime may be one of the greatest, but that's in his universe, middle earth is a completely different kettle of fish. Where even though aragorn is far from the best ever he's still jaimes better. I doubt jaime could fight his way through moria and the battle of the hornburg. Much less come out of the battle of pelenor fields completely unscathed. Aragorn was eighty seven and was still in his prime having a wealth of experience leading the dunedain rangers, fighting for rohan and hinder.

Couldn't agree more with you and let's not forget, he ran for a couple of days with very little if not no pauses at all. He would beat Jaime at every turn.

Archived