Would Robb have executed Jon?

sj4iy

he wouldve killed him or lost the rest of the north

Haha, what? Like mentioned he was going to make Jon his heir.. Jon had to forsake his vows.. If this would make people turn against Robb I believe someone would have pointed it out.. Of course Robb would have given a pardon.

Karstark was no kin of him. 17th cousin or so doesn't count.

I know it's not the same thing - though the Karstarks seem to disagree (even Alys calls Jon a kinsman). But I still think that Robb would have more important reasons than that (and I'm not saying this is not an important reason) to spare Jon's life, or rather, that if he felt duty-bound to execute someone, the kinslayer curse alone probably would not stop him (as it stops Victarion from killing Euron).

I didn't even think about Ghost giving away Jon's identity, but he would have. Wonder if he would have run off Ghost to stay incognito?

Perhaps he would just explain it to him as he did beyond the Wall that they will have to go their separate ways from now on.

But if he spared Jon would he have to spare Karstark?

I think he would be presured to, and would have had to capitulate. That may have huge repercussions for the war....

He spared Cat and didn't spare Katstark

Kings are allowed to chose who they pardon.

I think that Robb wouldn't have executed Jon...but I think he would have told him to hide himself and not get caught. I don't think he could afford to openly harbor a deserter of the NW and still keep the respect of the men. I could see him arranging to have Jon pardoned and released from his vows in the meantime.

Archived