Would Robb have executed Jon?

sj4iy

the starks would ose more of thier credibility in the north, which they now desparetly need

...if they lose more credibility, then that would make one assume LESS of a massacre because there would be less men following Robb.

...if they lose more credibility, then that would make one assume LESS of a massacre because there would be less men following Robb.

but then less people helping rickon and the others later on, ultimatly dooming the starks even more

the starks would ose more of thier credibility in the north, which they now desparetly need

Robb could have peed on a weirwood and his bannermen would have still followed him.

1. He's the Ned's son.

2. He's King of tha Noth!

3. Everybody loves a winner, especially people who complain about "honor" and "stark stupidity".

4. After the Red Wedding, everybody would have been like, "oh yeah, Robb broke his vows and pardoned his criminal bastard brother and emotional mother, so he got what was coming to him", but not before.

Did Ned have an option to let Gared live? I personally think he did, that's why he was called there to judge the man and he himself talks about not executing someone if you can't bear to look them in the eye. The worst Robb could be accused of is nepotism but then again that's a principle the entire society is based on.

Nah. With his men watching, Robb would have ordered a "harsh" punishment, make Jon the waterboy or something.

But when they finally get to be alone, Robb and Jon would have done a couple of chest pumps, a secret handshake and sat down to gossip about the girls who came for the harvest celebrations, while Ghost and Grey Wind chase each other's tails.

Did Ned have an option to let Gared live? I personally think he did, that's why he was called there to judge the man and he himself talks about not executing someone if you can't bear to look them in the eye. The worst Robb could be accused of is nepotism but then again that's a principle the entire society is based on.

Lord Stark was there to execute him. I've never heard of any lord giving some other sentence than death to deserters.

I think the best solution would be for Robb to send him back to the Wall. He could not let Jon stay and I do not believe Robb would have been able to execute him. I think he would have sent Jon back to the Wall, in part, because I do not think Jon would have just road up to Robb in public, he would have tried to meet him in secret.

Of course, it could come down to timing, if it took Jon a long time to travel to Robb in secret, say until after Theon takes Winterfell, then I think Robb would pardon him and work out a deal with the The Night's Watch by sending men to replace Jon because at that point, Robb would be thinking of naming Jon his heir.

It would be yet another impossible situation for Robb, like with his mother, like with the Karstarks, hell like the whole war in general. (On a bit of a tangent here) I think Robb was put in the hardest position of almost any character and receives far more hate then he deserves.

I agree he would have most likely sent Jon back to the Wall. He may have hoped that the LC would not have executed him, maybe even sent a message asking for leniency, but he would have to accept that it would be a possibility the Watch would execute him.

I think the thing to do would be to send men with him, so that something positive comes from Jon's desertion. It maybe an obvious ploy to buy Jon's life with 50-100 men, but considering the desperate need of men in the Night's Watch, it could work. Robb might even be able to send Ravens to the lords that stayed in the North and collect maybe another 100-200 men on his trek back north.

He would have killed him, because like Jon he tried to "kill the boy to become the man" and be "Robb the Lord". He had Karstark executed, right, although he needed him and it would cost him the support of many Northerners.

Robb is devoted to honor and duty, and when push comes to shove will sacrifice family to them.

Archived