Photos of Dany and Tyrion together

JonSnowed

They better won't skip it.

It's their last chance to show Rhaegar, tbh. Didn't GRRM say that it didn't matter she didn't meet him during the Undying because he might appear later? Well... it''s now or NEVER. And they better start making people care for Rhaegar NOW.

Also, a good chance for a Harry Lloyd cameo too.

The anti-R+L=J crowd can certainly use the show as *some* kind of basis to "show" that R+L=/=J. So far all the show has done in giving any kind of clue to the audience [and only in showing that Jon isn't Ned's son] is the line in Season One: "you may not have my name, but you have my blood." And that's it!

If R+L=J, then it's going to be a soap opera-esque reveal on the show because NOTHING would make ANYONE even remotely crackpot such a theory. My Unsullied friend doesn't even know who Rhaegar is. She doesn't mind spoilers so when I told her she said "but I thought Dany had one brother, the one with the molten crown." I don't hate D&D as some people do, but their decisions to undermine several key aspects of the story always baffle me. I used to be the one telling people to give them a chance...I'm slowly giving up.

barristan is key here because Jorah would not necessarily reveal who Tyrion is because it's in his interest up to a certain point and Hizdahr should probably not know that little detail but barristan knows Tyrion well enough and he'd have no qualms revealing Tyrion's true identity to dany. I also object to the idea that this is 'fanfiction'. It's probably just something that happens past the things we know so much about in the books. Just because it feels like something you wouldn't approve of does not mean it's fanfiction. martin and D&d are the only ones who know the ending and the major story beats and if Tyrion whining for a whole book is so important then they'd probably not cut it so short anyway. Judging by these photos the show will go into TWOW territory this season guaranteed. So better get used to surprises like these.

@Red Tiger: you mean the 4th season of GOT which got more nominations for the show than any of the previous seasons? The season where all episodes were over 90% on Rottentomatoes and during which GOT became one of the most watched HBO shows in the channel's history? That awful season? yeah, pff who would want to do that?

It's just so funny to me that everyone's all of a sudden running around like headless chickens in the farmyard...except the people who have no problem with the show diverging from the source material and accept it as a separate entity. I'm gonna enjoy the chaos a little because chaos is a laddah :devil:.

I also find it hilarious that the fact that we've now seen these photos apparently automatically means that Tyrion won't struggle for the season. No, he'll be moapey and self-putying for the first half of the season and by the end he meets up with dany...AS HE SHOULDHAVE DONE BY NOW IN THE BOOKS instead of doing pointless filler/worldbuilfding stuff. I can't believe that they're taking out the most pointless characters and that's suddenly a bad thing..but not to me it isn't because I find fAegon and Jon Connington bland and uninteresting, the Greyjoys are reprehensible and uninteresting (except for Asha but they already cast her so that's fine), Arianne does nothing that advancesanything (except getting Myrcella hurt but you can still achieve that without her) and stoneheart in the books 'promises' to be interesting but there are no guarantees...maybe she'll choke on her own words and die falling on her flat face in the book once jaime gets there.

Oh, which brings me to the siege of Riverrun. Oh how the stakes have increased with that...thing. It happens...I guess but most of it is in jaime's head and voiceover is stupid and it's a mop-up campaign with low stakes and jaime can still train elsewhere: I'd rather he be a stand-in for oakheart in Dorne because with two seasons left after this one, they need to start axing off most of the red shirts and Jaime's wearing one with a golden lion on his chest. All these soud like positive changes to me because books 4 and 5 were disappointing, self-indulgent stalling tactics to me and to a lot of other people. Theon, Cersei, Jon, Arya and Asha were the only good things about those two books...everything else ssssssssssssstunk. At least with the show I know that the show's plot will advance, contrary to the books' plot, which has seemingly grinded to a jarring halt.

@Red Tiger: you mean the 4th season of GOT which got more nominations for the show than any of the previous seasons? The season where all episodes were over 90% on Rottentomatoes and during which GOT became one of the most watched HBO shows in the channel's history? That awful season? yeah, pff who would want to do that?

Yup and the Walking Dead got higher ratings with each season, yet season 1 is considered a lot better than season 2. And Rottentomatoes, while a good review site for movies, is less so for shows. Matter of fact they give out 90% ratings like they're candy on that site. People don't always tune in becaus eof better quality, sometimes it's just curiosity. I would also like to points you to this http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CriticalDissonance

By your argument, The Wire was a shitty show

Your nomination argument is a poor one, as you forget that not all nominations are created equal, most of the awards won from this season were for things like special effects, sound deisgn and costume design, rather than say best actor or best ensemble cast. I tend to place more weight on wins for acting and directing, but that's just me, feel free to disagree.

So yeah, great arguments.

I also find it hilarious that the fact that we've now seen these photos apparently automatically means that Tyrion won't struggle for the season. No, he'll be moapey and self-putying for the first half of the season and by the end he meets up with dany...AS HE SHOULDHAVE DONE BY NOW IN THE BOOKS instead of doing pointless filler/worldbuilfding stuff. I can't believe that they're taking out the most pointless characters and that's suddenly a bad thing..but not to me it isn't because I find fAegon and Jon Connington bland and uninteresting, the Greyjoys are reprehensible and uninteresting (except for Asha but they already cast her so that's fine), Arianne does nothing that advancesanything (except getting Myrcella hurt but you can still achieve that without her) and stoneheart in the books 'promises' to be interesting but there are no guarantees...maybe she'll choke on her own words and die falling on her flat face in the book once jaime gets there.

Oh, which brings me to the siege of Riverrun. Oh how the stakes have increased with that...thing. It happens...I guess but most of it is in jaime's head and voiceover is stupid and it's a mop-up campaign with low stakes and jaime can still train elsewhere: I'd rather he be a stand-in for oakheart in Dorne because with two seasons left after this one, they need to start axing off most of the red shirts and Jaime's wearing one with a golden lion on his chest. All these soud like positive changes to me because books 4 and 5 were disappointing, self-indulgent stalling tactics to me and to a lot of other people. Theon, Cersei, Jon, Arya and Asha were the only good things about those two books...everything else ssssssssssssstunk. At least with the show I know that the show's plot will advance, contrary to the books' plot, which has seemingly grinded to a jarring halt.

I was agreeing with all of your posts until you tried to justify LSH's cut from the show :rolleyes:

Not to mention there's no way of knowing how far into the season this is... Since several story lines have caught up with the books and Tyrion/Dany hasn't, it makes sense to speed them up a bit.

There are pictures of Tyrion/Jorah and such as well, so my guess is that this will be towards the end of the season, ending the season with the Daznak's Pit events or something.

This either E9 or E10 because there are photos of David Nutter (the director) on set and he is only doing the last two episodes.

I am sure this will play out like the book , which means they had to do this one early because they are going to need Emilia (and Ian too?) for a lot of green screen sound stage VFX work.

Another poster said that Ian McElhinney is currently directing a play written by his wife...it's very likely that he wasn't available to film anything. That doesn't necessarily mean that D&D have written him out...they may simply be accommodating his schedule.

McElhinney and Jacob Anderson were on set Sept. 11 because there is a 'sneaked' picture of it.

This reads like a chapter of a schizoprenic's diary.

Damn. That's crazy.

I guess the show may be removing a lot from ADwD.

And added a little WoW, George has said Tyrion and Dany would meet.

In the books both he an Danny would , will be, noodling around a lot before they meet, so just as well right now.

Where Tyrion goes after this, well that's hard to figure.

I now like season 3 best, then 1, 4 and 2...

2 only because of the Qarth stuff, still I was entertained by S2.

I tend to go 3, 1, 2, 4

The Arya/Tywin episodes were filler, I know, but I enjoyed their acting and getting a glimpse into who Tywin was and how he does things. Plus Theon's struggles with loyalty and Davos scenes were always good.

But the Qarth stuff, whoo boy, you're right about that being a disaster.

My previous post about Season 4 was harsh, I just felt like it dragged on too long at some points.

yeah but your arguments seem to be based on 'well it's not like the books so we hates it'. That's not much better. It was nominated at the 2014 Emmy awards for Outstanding Drama Series, Peter Dinklage got the nomination for best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series once again, Lena Headey got nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drame Series for GOT as well so you might not agree that it's a quality tv show but seems to me that many people besides me actually do.

Archived